Author Topic: A question for mandalorian fans!  (Read 28966 times)

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
A question for mandalorian fans!
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:20:10 AM »
What and why is the reason that made you love mandalorians?
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Laney97

Re: A question for mandalorian fans!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
I'd have to say because of there sense of family, which co-exists with there violence. It is like a life that I would want to live. The parts of giving people a chance, going after bounties, and other suff.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
I'd have to say because of there sense of family, which co-exists with there violence. It is like a life that I would want to live. The parts of giving people a chance, going after bounties, and other suff.

What the hlel are you talking about Laney??? Is violence something cool to you? The guy who constantly talking about being picked on. Ah, I think that's it. You want to put violence on others because your constantly being picked on.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
What the hlel are you talking about Laney??? Is violence something cool to you? The guy who constantly talking about being picked on. Ah, I think that's it. You want to put violence on others because your constantly being picked on.
Are you a shrink or a moderator?

I wouldn't say that violence is a good reason to like Mandos, but there is a great bond that comes from fighting/struggling with someone at your back.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »

Seems to me he was focusing on the opposite.  Laney admits that yes, there is violence in their lives...but it's everything else besides the violence that really draws him.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »
^ I agree with dredwulf.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:01 AM »
First of all I like their armors and all of their combet abilitys.
and mostly their some kind of Philosophy to grow through combat and training.
"Mandalorians believe confrontation is required for growth, on the personal as well as the cultural level. War is the Mandalorian way of life."-Jedi Master Gnost-Dural
However I do not want to be a mandalorian in real life, in real life they are cold-blooded murderers .
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
I became a fan because of the armor from watching the older movies and then from the subsequent books and comics about fett during the 90's. and then it was reinvigerated when I played Republic Commando and then I read the Karen Traviss books that helped continue my intrest in the madalorian Spirit and Family. 

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
Because they are badass.   I could go into detail about how I like the family values they have and how they have honor that has lasted through the millennia,  but what is comes down to is that they are just plain BAMFs

when you look up badass in the dictionary the first thing you see is a picture of Boba Fett.
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
when you look up badass in the dictionary the first thing you see is a picture of Boba Fett.
REALLY?? NO WAY!

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 07:15:25 AM »
I like Mandos because growing up I LOVED Boba & Jango.

Laney97

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »
Seems to me he was focusing on the opposite.  Laney admits that yes, there is violence in their lives...but it's everything else besides the violence that really draws him.

Yes. That is what I'm saying. But, that was a good theroy there, Carnivore. (it's hard to not to type Sean every time.  :ouch: )

I think he wants to be both.

I like Mandos because growing up I LOVED Boba & Jango.

I prefered Boba. Becuase he always had a mask on.

dredwulf60

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
For me it was a mixture of Boba and the armour itself.  The armour was cool, but it was nothing without the aura of menace that Boba gave it in ESB and a somewhat in RoTJ. 

But that worked to imbue that style of armour with his...attitude.  So every mandalorian has inherited a little bit of the screen presence of ESB's Boba Fett.

Now it is a phenomenon on its own.  It's like the red, yellow and black of a coral snake...or the distinctive sound of a rattler, or that flattening hood of a cobra...it means...backoff di'kut.  I'm a shabla bad-shebs motherfrakker and I will ruin your world if you cross me.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »

I'm all that and a whole lot more. This is one of those times that when someone starts talking like "violence is cool" I put my myself in the conversation whether they like it or not. When you say something like "I'd have to say because of there sense of family, which co-exists with there violence. It is like a life that I would want to live." I take that as I wanna live a life of violence. If you don't mean it like that you need to clarify. Especially since someone like me who actually lives that lifestyle knows what that life is like.

As for the original question, Boba is cool, the armor is cooler. Jango showed us what a Mando can really do though. 

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »
motherfrakker
Do You watch Battlestar Galactica?

dredwulf60

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
Do You watch Battlestar Galactica?

Actually...no.  Not since the 70s.   But I know that trashy re-make show uses the term ''frak.  In truth I originally wrote it to be...well...what it was supposed to be, but I noted that it wouldn't get filtered out as one word...so I figured I'd stick with a phoenetic simulation...to let you know what was intended.

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »
I love the remake show and I'm going to watch the Original soon.

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 06:15:01 AM »
No I do not watch it I am A loyal Star Wars fan.
and I like mostly about the mandalorian is the awesome armor.

Laney97

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
I'm all that and a whole lot more. This is one of those times that when someone starts talking like "violence is cool" I put my myself in the conversation whether they like it or not. When you say something like "I'd have to say because of there sense of family, which co-exists with there violence. It is like a life that I would want to live." I take that as I wanna live a life of violence. If you don't mean it like that you need to clarify.

Right. If you still need it, I like the way they can have such a secure way of living even with violence being part of there culture. It's more intriuging and interesting than, lets say the Jedi. And my life. We have no violence, but we still seem to have massive chasms opening and closing every five seconds (Or six, I forget). So, thats why. I don't want to live with killing someone I don't know every day. I like them because they have familes that are tight even with violence being a daily part of life.

And of course the armour.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
That makes more sense Laney, thank you.