Author Topic: Ky'ram's Short Stories (Version Two!)  (Read 11468 times)

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
Re: Ky'ram's Short Stories (Version Two!)
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Thread, arise!

So, with Fire and Glory up and running, I figured there was one part that needed to be clarified. Rather than a rambly explanation, I decided to write it.

One Last Message:
[spoiler]
The Mandalorian lay dying as he recorded one last message.
--”Cyar’ika...everything’s fine. Don’t...don’t worry about me. Tell Kom’ika and Shush’ika I love them...but most of all, I love you. Take care of the kids, cyar’ika. I’m...ready to meet my Buir...”--

The small fighter landed in Aargau Spaceport, the single occupant gearing up physically and mentally for the daunting task ahead. This man’s task was relatively simple: destroy the Bounty Hunter Union Headquarters and make it out alive to collect his million dollars. This man was Kom’rk Parjai’Kote. He knew he could do it━he was a Parjai’Kote. Yet deep in his subconscious a nagging thought tugged for his attention.
But can I make it? It’s me versus everyone in there...
Kom’rk Parjai’Kote shoved the thought aside and lowered the ramp.

The single hunter on watch at the midnight hour, a Trandoshan named H’hlugti, bristled at the faint sound of a breach charge being affixed to the door. He darted from his place at the security desk and blended seamlessly into the shadows, lurking, waiting, hunting: his hunted was the hunter.

Kom’rk ducked as the charge detonated, then raised his Verpine Sniper Rifle and began his systematic clearing of likely spots. The sound of steps on broken glass that were not his stopped the Mandalorian. He cycled through thermal, nightvision, and ultraviolet: nothing showed. He swiveled, fired a shot at the ripple of air, then drew a vibroblade and swung wildly at the now-visible H’hlugti, whose scales had prevented serious damage from the Verpine slug. The Trandoshan drew a blade of his own, a cruel twisted scimitar, and precisely stabbed at the cinches in the armor.
The Mandalorian staggered as one stab found its mark, in between the abdominal and right thoracic plate. Pushing himself against a pillar, the gasping Mandalorian drew a sidearm and fired weakly at the lizard’s head as it swung the killing blow. The slug pierced the Trandoshan’s nostril, proceeded through the brain, causing massive tissue damage, and ending H’hlugti’s life. The massive lizard collapsed on top of Kom’rk, the sharp edge of the scimitar slicing through Kom’rk’s side, piercing an artery and hastening the death of the Mandalorian.

Sensing his death, Kom’rk frantically pulled a comlink, clicked in a number, and put it to his helmet.

The Mandalorian lay dying as he recorded one last message.
--”Cyar’ika...everything’s fine. Don’t...don’t worry about me. Tell Kom’ika and Shush’ika I love them...but most of all, I love you. Take care of the kids, cyar’ika. I’m...ready to meet my Buir...”--[/spoiler]
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
That was...sad.

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
WAIT! I thought.... Never mind. You need to vary the names of your characters, they're as confusing as crap to keep up with.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
You're welcome. A daily dose of confusion makes everyone confused.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
Thus the confusion.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
I like it. Good job vod.  :D

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
Okay. Technically not Star Wars, but I didn't want to clutter the Non-Star Wars Fanfic section with another thread.

Be warned; not for seriously squeamish people.

Homage to Edgar Allen Poe: Think Me Not Mad

[spoiler]Th-they...it c-can’t b-be! No! It c-can’t be f-following me! R-run, must r-run, far, far, f-far away.
Think me not mad, for I am not. The shadow hunting me deludes you; makes you think I am insane--I am not! You cannot say that, you have not endured the shadow. If you wish, you can. Merely follow my instructions.

You decided not to follow me? Then so be it. You will listen to my tale of the shadow, that terrible shadow.

It all began one day in my tailor’s store--42 King’s Boulevard, Mayfair, London, if you do decide to witness the shadow--an ordinary day, I had seen few customers. But there was indeed something...peculiar about that day. I realized the peculiarity of that day--think me not mad--when the harbinger of the shadow arrived at my doorstep.
It was a heinous beast: quadripedal legs jutting from its squat, furry body; the snout of the thing utterly horrible, hosting inside its foaming jaws a million razor teeth; its fur mangled and gnarled by years of bringing doom upon a select unfortunate few.
It was able, supernaturally--think me not mad--to force the door open, and hold it in that place. It stared at me, its black fur radiating pure evil. It glared at me with those pupil-less eyes; I shudder to recollect those thoughts. It barked once, then, as I flinched, vanished. The door slammed shut loudly, and my stomach seemed to drop the height of The Queen’s Bell Tower.
I tried in vain to continue working, but the sound of the mutts scrounging for food outside reminded me of that sinister beast.
Suddenly the sky darkened instantly, and a fog filled the streets--think me not mad--and crept ever closer to my storefront.
I knew not what was occurring; I was but a simple tailor; what would the demons want with me?

My answer came when my surroundings morphed into flame and blood, crimson and crackling orange; an unseen force pushed me slowly forward. A bark, a solitary bark, one lonely bark resounded through my skull, shattering my resolve--think me not mad. I fell into an abyss of blood and remains of my fellow tortured; screaming as I descended deeper, ever deeper, deeper still into the center of this terrestrial ball.

I arrived in what appeared to be a shipwreck, deep underwater; yet needed I not breathe: there was no water to prevent from entering my throat.
I walked upon the soggy planks of the deck--think me not mad--hearing groans and death cries after each step. I cried out in despair; the shadow heard me and engulfed me, choking me with the darkness. I gagged, and collapsed.

When I awoke, I awoke in a cell at the London Asylum. They thought me mad--they shall pay; dearly; gruesomely; I will escape; you shall see my name all over London; not in the papers as a hero: but as a villain; slaughtering millions! I shall escape the shadow; whatever the cost!

You; dear reader; make not the mistake of thinking me mad; I implore thee; think me not mad; I am not--I am not; I am not mad: think me not mad![/spoiler]
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »
In a way, yes.

Mainly as a homage to my favorite number this side of Betelgeuse, but yeah. Anything you want it to be.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod