Author Topic: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"  (Read 28880 times)

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »
http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1190980p1.html

Bottom of first page. There goes any hope for Commandos in CW...Lets all just hope for RepComm 2 or ImpComm 2
Quote from: RC-1140
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

This made me want to punch the computer monitor:

IGN: We saw a quick look at a Mon Calamari battle on the Clone Wars micro series years ago. Was it fun to get to do your take on that?

Filoni: Definitely. I actually haven't gone back and looked at that, but like I said, it's one of those things that fans have always wondered about, so why not?

What is so wrong with this?

The interviewer basically says...the old clone wars cartoon was pretty awesome; they had a huge underwater battle.

And Filoni comes back with ' yeah...that was awesome...but we didn't bother looking at it.  This is something fans have always wondered about...

uhhhh...no.  Fans have not 'always wondered about it.'   Why?  Because Star Wars fans saw the clone wars cartoons and saw the underwater battle and saw that it was awesome.  We don't need you to completely ignore its awesomeness and re-invent it.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Okay so another thing, Mr Filoni is a liar because, at C5 (Which I attended) He said that 'We would really like to respect the old cartoon and not use anything in it' When questioned about durge or ARCs, and by extension, the Mon cal battle, And then, oh look rumours about durge in S5 and Moncal battle! /rageface

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:14:44 AM »
Of the microseries, TCW has:
- Stopped the production of new toys based on it to prevent 'brand confusion'
- F**ked up the ARCS, turning them into basically mall cops
- Bumped it into non-canon
- Screwed up the underwater with PADME! Why the f**k is Padme fighting in a war? That's like if Obama picked up a gun and headed to the middle east.

Anyways, I hate the entire 'They are not in the film, so we can't do it'. They didn't have a problem with getting Vos in.

However, I wouldn't direct this rage at Filoni. If one looks around, you will notice that Lucas has taken control of CW. The first season, with no Lucas involvement, was great, with minor characters getting an episode, and generally creating characters (Echo) people cared about. The second season was average, but you could already see the Lucas takeover with the stupid politics (Senate Murders, anyone?) and the dumb ripoffs (The Zillo Beast). The third season is nearly all Lucas, with half being pointless politics and the rest focusing on Ani/Obi/Shoka/Padme. What happened to the minor characters getting featured? What happened to it not being the Skywalker story? Both those are out the window. These are classic Lucas mistakes - look at how much politics there were in the prequels, and how most characters weren't, well, characters. Lucas can only really handle 3-4 people, and that's not good in an anthology show.

So, in conclusion, TCW is being controlled by a madman, and that madman killed the hopes for the commandos. I just hope that what happened to the Mandos doesn't scare LA from making RepComm 2.
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
Oh, yeah i don't blame Filoni completely, he's just trying to do his job.

Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
I just feel Lucas needs to be removed from Star Wars...

He should just be the guy doleing out money.

And, as a new member, does that mean I have to learn Mando'a?

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
Not really, I hardly know any of it but we do use it here sometimes, You pick it up over time.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
[spoiler]I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

This made me want to punch the computer monitor:

IGN: We saw a quick look at a Mon Calamari battle on the Clone Wars micro series years ago. Was it fun to get to do your take on that?

Filoni: Definitely. I actually haven't gone back and looked at that, but like I said, it's one of those things that fans have always wondered about, so why not?

What is so wrong with this?

The interviewer basically says...the old clone wars cartoon was pretty awesome; they had a huge underwater battle.

And Filoni comes back with ' yeah...that was awesome...but we didn't bother looking at it.  This is something fans have always wondered about...

uhhhh...no.  Fans have not 'always wondered about it.'   Why?  Because Star Wars fans saw the clone wars cartoons and saw the underwater battle and saw that it was awesome.  We don't need you to completely ignore its awesomeness and re-invent it.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.[/spoiler]

I agree wholeheartedly, that seriously pissed me off....

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

dredwulf60

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
Of the microseries, TCW has:
- Stopped the production of new toys based on it to prevent 'brand confusion'
- F**ked up the ARCS, turning them into basically mall cops
- Bumped it into non-canon
- Screwed up the underwater with PADME! Why the f**k is Padme fighting in a war? That's like if Obama picked up a gun and headed to the middle east.

Anyways, I hate the entire 'They are not in the film, so we can't do it'. They didn't have a problem with getting Vos in.

However, I wouldn't direct this rage at Filoni. If one looks around, you will notice that Lucas has taken control of CW. The first season, with no Lucas involvement, was great, with minor characters getting an episode, and generally creating characters (Echo) people cared about. The second season was average, but you could already see the Lucas takeover with the stupid politics (Senate Murders, anyone?) and the dumb ripoffs (The Zillo Beast). The third season is nearly all Lucas, with half being pointless politics and the rest focusing on Ani/Obi/Shoka/Padme. What happened to the minor characters getting featured? What happened to it not being the Skywalker story? Both those are out the window. These are classic Lucas mistakes - look at how much politics there were in the prequels, and how most characters weren't, well, characters. Lucas can only really handle 3-4 people, and that's not good in an anthology show.

So, in conclusion, TCW is being controlled by a madman, and that madman killed the hopes for the commandos. I just hope that what happened to the Mandos doesn't scare LA from making RepComm 2.

Outstanding post!  Excellent points and eloquent phrasing.

Who are you?

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Outstanding post!  Excellent points and eloquent phrasing.

Who are you?

Thank you, my friend.

I am a sophomore (High School, not College) up in Connecticut. My first real Star Wars experience (besides the hype for Episode II, which I never got to see in theatres) was RepComm, so it's always had a place in my heart. I collect Hasbro Star Wars figures in my free time, along with posting on the internet fourm at Rebelscum.com (where you can find my as FDOIRex). I found this fourm when searching for a PC copy of the game, and haven't left since.

dredwulf60

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
Cool.  I'd suggest re-posting that or similar to the 'unofficial' introduction thread , for those who don't happen across this post.  :D

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »
I believe he said there would be other clone commandos, though. Perhaps the unique armor skins for the online Clone Wars Adventures were more than just random repaints of Boss' armor... ;D

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
I believe he said there would be other clone commandos, though. Perhaps the unique armor skins for the online Clone Wars Adventures were more than just random repaints of Boss' armor... ;D

The way he said it, it sounded like IF he ever wanted to use a commando (Hypothetical, not literal), he would make a new squad

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »
That's what I gathered. :)

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Archangel972

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
The way he said it, it sounded like IF he ever wanted to use a commando (Hypothetical, not literal), he would make a new squad
That makes no sense though. He's got at least 2 fully manned and equipped squads, that are well known, are easily recognizable, and if added would make the fans somewhat happy.

Then again, why bother with cameos for one of your most popular games, and several books and comics, when you can make your own characters, and really rake in the dough with their own action figures?

That's what I've always hated about this new series. It's too kid orientated, adds in a character, who let's face is, is just shoved into there with no thought to the canon implications, seems to be merchandise driven, ignores the already made show that was very nicely done, and let's not even mention the Mando pacifists.

Wait, MANDO PACIFISTS?! What were the bloody chakaars thinking when they came up with that idea? I feel dirty just writing those two words in the same sentence.
The breed has been called by many names given them by those who came to do battle in that Valley of the Shadow. They are phantoms and ghosts. 4 fighting men who glide through the valley so silently but carry Hell, fire, and brimstone in their hands. When the time is right they will announce that Delta Squad is there to walk among the Philistines.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:55 PM »
Wait, MANDO PACIFISTS?! What were the bloody chakaars thinking when they came up with that idea? I feel dirty just writing those two words in the same sentence.

But . . . they're not Pacifists! uhg, nevermind.

And sure, the show is kid oriented, but so was the original Star Wars.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
But . . . they're not Pacifists! uhg, nevermind.

And sure, the show is kid oriented, but so was the original Star Wars.

Bro, save you're breath. The ones who are still pissed about the Mandalorian arc won't ever accept the retconning :P

Just IMO, I politely disagree with that. The original Star Wars was meant for all ages, this show is obviously centered on the 13 and under age group.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
Explaining the violence, death, and inapproptiote attire. And late night viewing.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »
Ah, whopee. I'm glad RCs didn't make it again. I'm a Before'Filoni TCW fan, sure I respect some things in it. Though Republic Comics blows his s*** out the water. I mean, he doesn't have AT-ATs in his series. Rep does. Plus, clones were clones and Jedi were Jedi. Not supermen who could dodge a bullet like he's showing.
When you gotta, you gotta go. - Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 12:25:41 AM »
Explaining the violence, death, and inapproptiote attire. And late night viewing.

Violence: hardly. they show a blue streak hit someone and they fall with a grunt. Usually a robot or a faceless clone.

Attire: I have yet to see inappropriate attire on that show. Sure, Ashoka's stuff shows some skin, but it's not overtly inappropriate. Even if it is, I doubt they care. Have you seen the stuff young kids watch these days?

Viewing time: it's on a Friday. the kids are gonna be sleeping in the next day anyway.

Also, it's animated. Animation is obviously aimed at younger groups.

Find an excuse to win.