Author Topic: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"  (Read 28543 times)

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »
http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1190980p1.html

Bottom of first page. There goes any hope for Commandos in CW...Lets all just hope for RepComm 2 or ImpComm 2
Quote from: RC-1140
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

This made me want to punch the computer monitor:

IGN: We saw a quick look at a Mon Calamari battle on the Clone Wars micro series years ago. Was it fun to get to do your take on that?

Filoni: Definitely. I actually haven't gone back and looked at that, but like I said, it's one of those things that fans have always wondered about, so why not?

What is so wrong with this?

The interviewer basically says...the old clone wars cartoon was pretty awesome; they had a huge underwater battle.

And Filoni comes back with ' yeah...that was awesome...but we didn't bother looking at it.  This is something fans have always wondered about...

uhhhh...no.  Fans have not 'always wondered about it.'   Why?  Because Star Wars fans saw the clone wars cartoons and saw the underwater battle and saw that it was awesome.  We don't need you to completely ignore its awesomeness and re-invent it.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Okay so another thing, Mr Filoni is a liar because, at C5 (Which I attended) He said that 'We would really like to respect the old cartoon and not use anything in it' When questioned about durge or ARCs, and by extension, the Mon cal battle, And then, oh look rumours about durge in S5 and Moncal battle! /rageface

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:14:44 AM »
Of the microseries, TCW has:
- Stopped the production of new toys based on it to prevent 'brand confusion'
- F**ked up the ARCS, turning them into basically mall cops
- Bumped it into non-canon
- Screwed up the underwater with PADME! Why the f**k is Padme fighting in a war? That's like if Obama picked up a gun and headed to the middle east.

Anyways, I hate the entire 'They are not in the film, so we can't do it'. They didn't have a problem with getting Vos in.

However, I wouldn't direct this rage at Filoni. If one looks around, you will notice that Lucas has taken control of CW. The first season, with no Lucas involvement, was great, with minor characters getting an episode, and generally creating characters (Echo) people cared about. The second season was average, but you could already see the Lucas takeover with the stupid politics (Senate Murders, anyone?) and the dumb ripoffs (The Zillo Beast). The third season is nearly all Lucas, with half being pointless politics and the rest focusing on Ani/Obi/Shoka/Padme. What happened to the minor characters getting featured? What happened to it not being the Skywalker story? Both those are out the window. These are classic Lucas mistakes - look at how much politics there were in the prequels, and how most characters weren't, well, characters. Lucas can only really handle 3-4 people, and that's not good in an anthology show.

So, in conclusion, TCW is being controlled by a madman, and that madman killed the hopes for the commandos. I just hope that what happened to the Mandos doesn't scare LA from making RepComm 2.
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
Oh, yeah i don't blame Filoni completely, he's just trying to do his job.

Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
I just feel Lucas needs to be removed from Star Wars...

He should just be the guy doleing out money.

And, as a new member, does that mean I have to learn Mando'a?

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
Not really, I hardly know any of it but we do use it here sometimes, You pick it up over time.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
[spoiler]I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

IGN: We saw a quick look at a Mon Calamari battle on the Clone Wars micro series years ago. Was it fun to get to do your take on that?

Filoni: Definitely. I actually haven't gone back and looked at that, but like I said, it's one of those things that fans have always wondered about, so why not?

The interviewer basically says...the old clone wars cartoon was pretty awesome; they had a huge underwater battle.

And Filoni comes back with ' yeah...that was awesome...but we didn't bother looking at it.  This is something fans have always wondered about...

uhhhh...no.  Fans have not 'always wondered about it.'   Why?  Because Star Wars fans saw the clone wars cartoons and saw the underwater battle and saw that it was awesome.  We don't need you to completely ignore its awesomeness and re-invent it.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.[/spoiler]

I agree wholeheartedly, that seriously pissed me off....

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

dredwulf60

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
Of the microseries, TCW has:
- Stopped the production of new toys based on it to prevent 'brand confusion'
- F**ked up the ARCS, turning them into basically mall cops
- Bumped it into non-canon
- Screwed up the underwater with PADME! Why the f**k is Padme fighting in a war? That's like if Obama picked up a gun and headed to the middle east.

Anyways, I hate the entire 'They are not in the film, so we can't do it'. They didn't have a problem with getting Vos in.

However, I wouldn't direct this rage at Filoni. If one looks around, you will notice that Lucas has taken control of CW. The first season, with no Lucas involvement, was great, with minor characters getting an episode, and generally creating characters (Echo) people cared about. The second season was average, but you could already see the Lucas takeover with the stupid politics (Senate Murders, anyone?) and the dumb ripoffs (The Zillo Beast). The third season is nearly all Lucas, with half being pointless politics and the rest focusing on Ani/Obi/Shoka/Padme. What happened to the minor characters getting featured? What happened to it not being the Skywalker story? Both those are out the window. These are classic Lucas mistakes - look at how much politics there were in the prequels, and how most characters weren't, well, characters. Lucas can only really handle 3-4 people, and that's not good in an anthology show.

So, in conclusion, TCW is being controlled by a madman, and that madman killed the hopes for the commandos. I just hope that what happened to the Mandos doesn't scare LA from making RepComm 2.

Outstanding post!  Excellent points and eloquent phrasing.

Who are you?

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Outstanding post!  Excellent points and eloquent phrasing.

Who are you?

Thank you, my friend.

I am a sophomore (High School, not College) up in Connecticut. My first real Star Wars experience (besides the hype for Episode II, which I never got to see in theatres) was RepComm, so it's always had a place in my heart. I collect Hasbro Star Wars figures in my free time, along with posting on the internet fourm at Rebelscum.com (where you can find my as FDOIRex). I found this fourm when searching for a PC copy of the game, and haven't left since.

dredwulf60

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
Cool.  I'd suggest re-posting that or similar to the 'unofficial' introduction thread , for those who don't happen across this post.  :D

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »
I believe he said there would be other clone commandos, though. Perhaps the unique armor skins for the online Clone Wars Adventures were more than just random repaints of Boss' armor... ;D

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
I believe he said there would be other clone commandos, though. Perhaps the unique armor skins for the online Clone Wars Adventures were more than just random repaints of Boss' armor... ;D

The way he said it, it sounded like IF he ever wanted to use a commando (Hypothetical, not literal), he would make a new squad

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »
That's what I gathered. :)

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Archangel972

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
The way he said it, it sounded like IF he ever wanted to use a commando (Hypothetical, not literal), he would make a new squad
That makes no sense though. He's got at least 2 fully manned and equipped squads, that are well known, are easily recognizable, and if added would make the fans somewhat happy.

Then again, why bother with cameos for one of your most popular games, and several books and comics, when you can make your own characters, and really rake in the dough with their own action figures?

That's what I've always hated about this new series. It's too kid orientated, adds in a character, who let's face is, is just shoved into there with no thought to the canon implications, seems to be merchandise driven, ignores the already made show that was very nicely done, and let's not even mention the Mando pacifists.

Wait, MANDO PACIFISTS?! What were the bloody chakaars thinking when they came up with that idea? I feel dirty just writing those two words in the same sentence.
The breed has been called by many names given them by those who came to do battle in that Valley of the Shadow. They are phantoms and ghosts. 4 fighting men who glide through the valley so silently but carry Hell, fire, and brimstone in their hands. When the time is right they will announce that Delta Squad is there to walk among the Philistines.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:55 PM »
Wait, MANDO PACIFISTS?! What were the bloody chakaars thinking when they came up with that idea? I feel dirty just writing those two words in the same sentence.

But . . . they're not Pacifists! uhg, nevermind.

And sure, the show is kid oriented, but so was the original Star Wars.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
But . . . they're not Pacifists! uhg, nevermind.

And sure, the show is kid oriented, but so was the original Star Wars.

Bro, save you're breath. The ones who are still pissed about the Mandalorian arc won't ever accept the retconning :P

Just IMO, I politely disagree with that. The original Star Wars was meant for all ages, this show is obviously centered on the 13 and under age group.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
Explaining the violence, death, and inapproptiote attire. And late night viewing.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »
Ah, whopee. I'm glad RCs didn't make it again. I'm a Before'Filoni TCW fan, sure I respect some things in it. Though Republic Comics blows his s*** out the water. I mean, he doesn't have AT-ATs in his series. Rep does. Plus, clones were clones and Jedi were Jedi. Not supermen who could dodge a bullet like he's showing.
When you gotta, you gotta go. - Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 12:25:41 AM »
Explaining the violence, death, and inapproptiote attire. And late night viewing.

Violence: hardly. they show a blue streak hit someone and they fall with a grunt. Usually a robot or a faceless clone.

Attire: I have yet to see inappropriate attire on that show. Sure, Ashoka's stuff shows some skin, but it's not overtly inappropriate. Even if it is, I doubt they care. Have you seen the stuff young kids watch these days?

Viewing time: it's on a Friday. the kids are gonna be sleeping in the next day anyway.

Also, it's animated. Animation is obviously aimed at younger groups.

Find an excuse to win.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Get me a digital dictionary for Christmas if it bugs you that bad.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »
I have to know how to spell it to look it up. People never think of that.
And shouldn't this topic be under 'Clone Wars Era'?
-David Nicholas

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »
Yeah, why did no one notice that?

And Dictionary.com will give you related spellings if it doesn't recognize a word.

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
I know that, but hard copies won't.
-David Nicholas

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
Well, that stinks. At least we got to see them in season three. For like ten seconds.  Mn, what is wrong with Filoni?  :grr:

Laney97

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
Well, that stinks. At least we got to see them in season three. For like ten seconds.  Mn, what is wrong with Filoni?  :grr:

Filoni just does what asked. He must be asked to do something stupid, adds a few touches of his own, sends it out, and then goes home.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
He's given an idea by Lucas, he tailors that idea to the fans, Lucas comes in and chops 90% of it out, then the -remaining 10% seems half-hearted because Filoni can't actually do much besides what his boss says.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Laney97

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
And tada! You get TCW.

pm07

• Private
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
They didnt have time because of bringing Darth Maul back from the dead.  :D

Laney97

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
...That was a stupid idea, in my opinion. Leave him out of Star Wars! All he did was wave a double ended shiny stick around and then get brutally cut in half.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 12:15:23 AM »
Also, it's animated. Animation is obviously aimed at younger groups.

Western animation, typically...you might not want to test that on anything from Japan though, ner vod. And even the Western Animation thing is kinda shaky (Family Guy, the Simpsons, etc.).

I do think that TCW does have a  younger demographic in mind, though. Which makes some of the choices in the show a little...questionable. (Squicky interspecies romance anyone?)

Also, I'd complain about there not being any commandos in TCW, but let's face it, they're too awesome for this show. And if there were commandos, they would just end up dying like everyone else. </bitter>
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
I know that theres death in war but, the shear amount of death when it comes to the clones in the series you'd think their wouldn't be any clones left or very little.

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
For once, I agree with Filoni. Would you want to see the man who finds Jar-Jar amusing overseeing a story about Delta? How about said man's daughter, a woman who has no professional writing talent and has written some of the worst Star Wars in recent memory (Darth Maul returning) writing the complexities of Delta? Do you want one voice for all of Delta, with no effort to distinguish them? While I do feel that Filoni is a great director (He gave us 'Rookies' and 'Umbara', two episodes/arcs which are better than most of GL's Star Wars), he is surrounded by moronic jedi worshippers who have bad ideas, and they are his bosses. While Filoni himsekf would do an awesome Delta story, It would be messed up by GL and co.

Hell, that's the issue with the whole show. In season 1, Filoni was supposed to be in charge, with George taking a back seat. Then GL began taking over, and now the show is crap. We went from 'Trespass' to 'Nomad Droids'.

dredwulf60

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
Then GL began taking over,

And THAT my friend is the ongoing downfall of the Star Wars franchise...

I have to be honest my friends...my passion...even my interest in Star Wars is waning in a big way.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »
I have to be honest my friends...my passion...even my interest in Star Wars is waning in a big way.

Join us....join us....in the well-written world....that is Mass Effect....by Drew Karpyshyn....

Anyway, to be honest George Lucas is the man whose bad ideas broke Stephen Spielberg's back (see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull....wait, no, bad idea).

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
If things don't change soon, I expect to see a mass departure from this fandom.

People get bored of the same old books by the same old authors. Sure, movies would alleviate some of the boredom,  but still, Lucas will, at some point, look up from his multitudinous wealth and realize his fanbase is gone.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
Western animation, typically...you might not want to test that on anything from Japan though, ner vod. And even the Western Animation thing is kinda shaky (Family Guy, the Simpsons, etc.).
Just thought I should mention the likes of "Beast Wars", "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and the entire DCAU (Batman/Superman Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond...) as really good examples of animated series managing to tell intense, mature storylines, while still being kid accessible.

Hell, that's the issue with the whole show.  Filoni was supposed to be in charge, with George taking a back seat. Then GL began taking over, and now the show is crap.
Have you ever read the original plans for the show?  They're nothing like what it ended up being.  Instead of throwing Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka from one battle to the next, it was going to be about a Kel Dor (Plo Koon species) Jedi Master with a young Togruta Padawan (who became Ahsoka) traveling the galaxy together as he tries to train her to Knighthood in the middle of the Clone Wars.  It was going to be a lot darker, with more of a grim look at the clones (ala RepCom), a lot of more brutal back-stabby politics (like the Dark Horse comics did), refugees and a look at the lives ruined by the war...basically something waaaay different then the weekly adventure format.

Join us....join us....in the well-written world....that is Mass Effect....by Drew Karpyshyn....
...except Drew kind of abandoned ship for TOR... :P

Honestly... it won't happen.  It won't.  There's just too many people who're attached to it as a brand.  They'll suck up whatever latest turd Lucas or his people crap out, just as long as it has the nice and shiny "Star Wars" logo on it.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »
...except Drew kind of abandoned ship for TOR... :P

He....can....multitask....

People get bored of the same old books by the same old authors. Sure, movies would alleviate some of the boredom,  but still, Lucas will, at some point, look up from his multitudinous wealth and realize his fanbase is gone.

I'll tell you why your wrong: Newer generations.

As it gets older, SW is going to have fans that didn't get started on the original, good stuff, but the crappy, new stuff. That will be their nostalgic springboard into the good stuff, and it's rare anyone recognizes their nostalgia as something crappy.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

dredwulf60

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 01:56:37 AM »
As it gets older, SW is going to have fans that didn't get started on the original, good stuff, but the crappy, new stuff. That will be their nostalgic springboard into the good stuff, and it's rare anyone recognizes their nostalgia as something crappy.

Ah yes....but don't forget that GL is systematically deleting or changing the 'original, good stuff' into more and more 'crappy, new stuff'.   What will new fans 'spring board' into exactly?  I have the original, original trilogy on VHS...but the Earth's electromagnetic field slowly corrupts and degenerates that format.

For the first time in history we are witnessing the genocide of an original franchise.  When we who experienced the original coolness of Star Wars are gone...none will be around to say it ever was....it will fade into legend...then myth...and then will be gone out of human memory altogether.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
This might go against what I said before but honestly Star Wars whether we like it or not, from old to the new, is George Lucas's dream. It's his story to tell, not everybody else's, he decides what goes in and what stays out. We may have a huge sandbox to play in that is Star Wars but he makes the finale deciscion.

I mean if you were in his shoes would you like it if people keep on throwing there opinions in and and then expect you to incorperate the stuff they created and not what you created. For example, if you were drawing a picture and three or four people lean over and all of them draw in what they want, what would you do? Erase them and draw your own stuff in?, incorperate all of what they did?, or erase some and keep some and incorperate them?

We better be happy with what we got out of this. He is still allowing Kar'buir's version of the Mandalorians and alot of the EU, turning it into Cannon. We were lucky to get Both Mandalorians and the Commando's mentioned or seen in the Clone Wars. We were lucky because unlike us, another universe I pay attention to has had most of its mythology turned into non-Cannon, I'm talking about Gene Roddenberry's universe "Star Trek". All of the books except some of the more recent ones are considered non-cannon and most of the video games to, the only things considered cannon there is the movies and the T.V. shows. We're lucky to have this little thread that we have.

But honestly this is his vision, not our's, whether we like it or not. He can pick and choose who he wants to write in the star wars universe.

And also if there is one thing I've learned with alot of Star Wars fans is that we put the old stuff on a extremely high pedestal that is impossible to reach. The kids that are watching this stuff now a days will do the samething in about 5 to 10 years.   

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

dredwulf60

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:48 AM »
This might go against what I said before but honestly Star Wars whether we like it or not, from old to the new, is George Lucas's dream. It's his story to tell, not everybody else's, he decides what goes in and what stays out. We may have a huge sandbox to play in that is Star Wars but he makes the finale deciscion.

I mean if you were in his shoes would you like it if people keep on throwing there opinions in and and then expect you to incorperate the stuff they created and not what you created. For example, if you were drawing a picture and three or four people lean over and all of them draw in what they want, what would you do? Erase them and draw your own stuff in?, incorperate all of what they did?, or erase some and keep some and incorperate them?

We better be happy with what we got out of this. He is still allowing Kar'buir's version of the Mandalorians and alot of the EU, turning it into Cannon. We were lucky to get Both Mandalorians and the Commando's mentioned or seen in the Clone Wars. We were lucky because unlike us, another universe I pay attention to has had most of its mythology turned into non-Cannon, I'm talking about Gene Roddenberry's universe "Star Trek". All of the books except some of the more recent ones are considered non-cannon and most of the video games to, the only things considered cannon there is the movies and the T.V. shows. We're lucky to have this little thread that we have.

But honestly this is his vision, not our's, whether we like it or not. He can pick and choose who he wants to write in the star wars universe.

And also if there is one thing I've learned with alot of Star Wars fans is that we put the old stuff on a extremely high pedestal that is impossible to reach. The kids that are watching this stuff now a days will do the samething in about 5 to 10 years.   

My friend, if you search old archives here you might find a few posts of mine that say almost exactly what you have said above... exactly.  So don't take it personally that I now feel that sentiment is a crock of osik.

This George Lucas guy has undiagnosed mental health issues. He is obsessive-compulsive about it. I have come to the realization that the greatness that was Star Wars exists not because of him, but in spite of him.  Though he is trying very hard to crush that greatness.

Perhaps it was great by accident; because if he has been constantly refining it into what he supposedly originally intended...that seed that he originally had was crap.  It isn't all the way crap yet...but he apparently won't stop until it is fully transmogrified.  Part of what made the originals decent was that GL had restrictions; either budgetary or the opinions of the cast, crew and directors he was working with.  He was not the all-powerful Oz that he has become and fans who hold the above opinion are willing to bend over and take.

If it comes down to Love George Lucas's continually worsening Star Wars or leave it...I'm inclined to leave it. 

I am an orthodox Star Wars fan.  I respect what it was...not what it is or what it is becoming, but if Star Wars was truly a religion, then GL is the pope, not the god, and he'd be forming an inquisition to burn alive all people like me as heretics.

After reading about the collaboration between Spielberg and Lucas on the last Indiana Jones movie, it was apparent that Lucas was consistently trying to turn it into a piece of osik...and for whatever reason, Spielberg rolled over and let him, for the most part.  At least it wasn't called "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars.'   In Star Wars however...there is no one to tell him he has had a bad idea.

So, you may certainly hold that it's GL's playpen to do as he wishes, but I don't.  What was done IS done, and in my mind, and my own version of Star Wars, most of the EU doesn't exist, including TCW and any changes GL makes to anything do not apply. 

Is this disrespectful to the creator?  yes.  But he started it.  He has a right to do what he wants, and I have the right to ignore what he does.

whew. 

Guess that should have gone in the RANT thread, eh?  :D

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
I'm tending to agree with dred here, even though I was raised on the prequels I enjoyed the original trilogy more, also

my own version of Star Wars, most of the EU doesn't exist, including TCW and any changes GL makes to anything do not apply. 
This is what I do with a lot of franchises that when they take a wrong turn on something, change it to be right and incorporate it into my head-canon

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
Just thought I should mention the likes of "Beast Wars", "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and the entire DCAU (Batman/Superman Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond...) as really good examples of animated series managing to tell intense, mature storylines, while still being kid accessible.

Exactly! A kid's show can be serious and intense. That just doesn't happen much anymore because apparently serious stakes are bad for your kids or something.
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »
Dred, I personally don't like what he's doing. And what I said was not osik and I'm sorry I haven't looked at the older archives.

I personally Like alot what the EU has created and not really what has been created by Lucas. But I'm sorry if I'm not as jaded about it as some people are.

- Albert E.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
You just contradicted yourself.

You said it was GL world so he can do what he wants, Dred say's that's not right, and now your saying you're right that GL is messing things up.

dredwulf60

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »
Dred, I personally don't like what he's doing. And what I said was not osik and I'm sorry I haven't looked at the older archives.

I personally Like alot what the EU has created and not really what has been created by Lucas. But I'm sorry if I'm not as jaded about it as some people are.

No need to apologize dude.  I was not trying to come across mean or anything.  I just mentioned the archive stuff so that you will know that I know what you mean, because I used to be the same way.  The rest was just me ranting about GL, not about your views.  What you said was not osik to you.  But what you said was what I used to think...and I now think that what I used to think is osik....so make of that what you will.    8)

dredwulf60

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 06:49:56 AM »
You just contradicted yourself.

You said it was GL world so he can do what he wants, Dred say's that's not right, and now your saying you're right that GL is messing things up.

Actually, Drake, as far as I could tell, Alu meant that he likes Star Wars and a lot of the EU, but he respects that GL can do what he wants, because Star Wars belongs to him, even if it worsens the whole, and we should be grateful because at least we got to experience Star Wars.   

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
Ooooh. Okay. That makes a bit more sense now.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:36 AM »
Actually, Drake, as far as I could tell, Alu meant that he likes Star Wars and a lot of the EU, but he respects that GL can do what he wants, because Star Wars belongs to him, even if it worsens the whole, and we should be grateful because at least we got to experience Star Wars.  
Actually Dred,

You hit it right on the head, that is exactly what I mean't, I may not like what GL does now-a-days, but I still love the Star Wars that We created in the EU.

And Dred I feel like a Sheb for what I said, I had a extremely rough night, we got slammed hard and I was the last one to leave even though I'm the newest one there, my mind was in a very unhappy place at the time when I read what you wrote. I'm sorry dude.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:13:30 AM by Alu Darce89 »

- Albert E.

dredwulf60

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »
Actually Dred,

You hit it right on the head, that is exactly what I mean't, I may not like what GL does now-a-days, but I still love the Star Wars that We created in the EU.

And Dred I feel like a Sheb for what I said, I had a extremely rough night, we got slammed hard and I was the last one to leave even though I'm the newest one there, my mind was in a very unhappy place at the time when I read what you wrote. I'm sorry dude.

No problem whatsoever. 

As I said, no apology necessary, I must not have read your post as angry as you wrote it.  ;)

But any man who can apologize for something that they perceive is a wrong that must be righted is a true man in my book.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
time for a rant.....

I love star wars and openly talk about it to anyone who will lend an ear. I am also, for the most  part, a TCW fan and have all 3 seasons. I enjoy the show and don't mind the politics because they interest me. They show that it isn't all fighting (mostly in season 3) but there are other things going on. Don't get me wrong, GL can go face first into a pile of bantha poodo. Also, i think the original CW was awesome, and sometimes i enjoy it more than TCW. But i can think whatever i want is canon. In my canon, the Mandalorians are not a bunch of sissies, padme isn't just a sexy version clone trooper, and Jar Jar isn't as annoying. I like TCW but it is taking an **** on its source material.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 01:59:07 AM »
No problem whatsoever. 

As I said, no apology necessary, I must not have read your post as angry as you wrote it. 

But any man who can apologize for something that they perceive is a wrong that must be righted is a true man in my book.

thanks.

- Albert E.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »
I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.

Everyone keeps saying its Filoni thats trying to save CW from Lucas but honestly i keep thinking he didn't do his canon homework either. *sigh* i just want them to hit 100 episodes and be done with this mess.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
maybe they'll bring in Delta soon if we are lucky (yeah right i know)

Lucas and company may own the franchise and all but it is the fans (yes I am still a fan of Star Wars in general)
are what keep it going.

How the only thing that puzzles me about having Darth Maul back.

He was saved after literally being cut in half ( i thought he was cut through the stomach etc...) yet Qui Gon-Jinn was killed with a single strike to the chest (was it his heart that was hit?)  makes no sense but meh.

I do still hope we'll see more of the Clones,  Rex and Odd Ball, Echo etc.

-hugs for all-

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Qui-gon was stabbed through the stomach. Way below the heart.

Zabraks might have total different pyhsoliogy than humans that allow them to survive something like that or he used the force to hold his guts in.

- Albert E.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
He's Darth Maul! He won't be killed by some sissy little lightsaber blade!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 02:40:36 AM »
true

- Albert E.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
He's Darth Maul! He won't be killed by some sissy little lightsaber blade!

I have a question for Filoni. How did Darth Maul get to where we found him? He was cut in half, thrown into a put and left to die. I think maul is an awesome character, but I just don't see how it's possible.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
There is a whole comic series where he gets robo-legs much like General Grievous.