Author Topic: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"  (Read 28709 times)

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
Re: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Get me a digital dictionary for Christmas if it bugs you that bad.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »
I have to know how to spell it to look it up. People never think of that.
And shouldn't this topic be under 'Clone Wars Era'?
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »
Yeah, why did no one notice that?

And Dictionary.com will give you related spellings if it doesn't recognize a word.

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
I know that, but hard copies won't.
-David Nicholas

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
Well, that stinks. At least we got to see them in season three. For like ten seconds.  Mn, what is wrong with Filoni?  :grr:

Laney97

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
Well, that stinks. At least we got to see them in season three. For like ten seconds.  Mn, what is wrong with Filoni?  :grr:

Filoni just does what asked. He must be asked to do something stupid, adds a few touches of his own, sends it out, and then goes home.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
He's given an idea by Lucas, he tailors that idea to the fans, Lucas comes in and chops 90% of it out, then the -remaining 10% seems half-hearted because Filoni can't actually do much besides what his boss says.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Laney97

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
And tada! You get TCW.

pm07

• Private
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
They didnt have time because of bringing Darth Maul back from the dead.  :D

Laney97

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
...That was a stupid idea, in my opinion. Leave him out of Star Wars! All he did was wave a double ended shiny stick around and then get brutally cut in half.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 12:15:23 AM »
Also, it's animated. Animation is obviously aimed at younger groups.

Western animation, typically...you might not want to test that on anything from Japan though, ner vod. And even the Western Animation thing is kinda shaky (Family Guy, the Simpsons, etc.).

I do think that TCW does have a  younger demographic in mind, though. Which makes some of the choices in the show a little...questionable. (Squicky interspecies romance anyone?)

Also, I'd complain about there not being any commandos in TCW, but let's face it, they're too awesome for this show. And if there were commandos, they would just end up dying like everyone else. </bitter>
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
I know that theres death in war but, the shear amount of death when it comes to the clones in the series you'd think their wouldn't be any clones left or very little.

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

FDOIRex

• Lieutenant
  • Testing...123...
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
For once, I agree with Filoni. Would you want to see the man who finds Jar-Jar amusing overseeing a story about Delta? How about said man's daughter, a woman who has no professional writing talent and has written some of the worst Star Wars in recent memory (Darth Maul returning) writing the complexities of Delta? Do you want one voice for all of Delta, with no effort to distinguish them? While I do feel that Filoni is a great director (He gave us 'Rookies' and 'Umbara', two episodes/arcs which are better than most of GL's Star Wars), he is surrounded by moronic jedi worshippers who have bad ideas, and they are his bosses. While Filoni himsekf would do an awesome Delta story, It would be messed up by GL and co.

Hell, that's the issue with the whole show. In season 1, Filoni was supposed to be in charge, with George taking a back seat. Then GL began taking over, and now the show is crap. We went from 'Trespass' to 'Nomad Droids'.

Quote from: RC-1140
Accessing Anti-Air controls. Ooh, this is nice. I can do much better than just "offline." Separatist turrets now targeting... Separatist craft.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
Then GL began taking over,

And THAT my friend is the ongoing downfall of the Star Wars franchise...

I have to be honest my friends...my passion...even my interest in Star Wars is waning in a big way.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »
I have to be honest my friends...my passion...even my interest in Star Wars is waning in a big way.

Join us....join us....in the well-written world....that is Mass Effect....by Drew Karpyshyn....

Anyway, to be honest George Lucas is the man whose bad ideas broke Stephen Spielberg's back (see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull....wait, no, bad idea).

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
If things don't change soon, I expect to see a mass departure from this fandom.

People get bored of the same old books by the same old authors. Sure, movies would alleviate some of the boredom,  but still, Lucas will, at some point, look up from his multitudinous wealth and realize his fanbase is gone.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
Western animation, typically...you might not want to test that on anything from Japan though, ner vod. And even the Western Animation thing is kinda shaky (Family Guy, the Simpsons, etc.).
Just thought I should mention the likes of "Beast Wars", "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and the entire DCAU (Batman/Superman Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond...) as really good examples of animated series managing to tell intense, mature storylines, while still being kid accessible.

Hell, that's the issue with the whole show.  Filoni was supposed to be in charge, with George taking a back seat. Then GL began taking over, and now the show is crap.
Have you ever read the original plans for the show?  They're nothing like what it ended up being.  Instead of throwing Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka from one battle to the next, it was going to be about a Kel Dor (Plo Koon species) Jedi Master with a young Togruta Padawan (who became Ahsoka) traveling the galaxy together as he tries to train her to Knighthood in the middle of the Clone Wars.  It was going to be a lot darker, with more of a grim look at the clones (ala RepCom), a lot of more brutal back-stabby politics (like the Dark Horse comics did), refugees and a look at the lives ruined by the war...basically something waaaay different then the weekly adventure format.

Join us....join us....in the well-written world....that is Mass Effect....by Drew Karpyshyn....
...except Drew kind of abandoned ship for TOR... :P

Honestly... it won't happen.  It won't.  There's just too many people who're attached to it as a brand.  They'll suck up whatever latest turd Lucas or his people crap out, just as long as it has the nice and shiny "Star Wars" logo on it.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »
...except Drew kind of abandoned ship for TOR... :P

He....can....multitask....

People get bored of the same old books by the same old authors. Sure, movies would alleviate some of the boredom,  but still, Lucas will, at some point, look up from his multitudinous wealth and realize his fanbase is gone.

I'll tell you why your wrong: Newer generations.

As it gets older, SW is going to have fans that didn't get started on the original, good stuff, but the crappy, new stuff. That will be their nostalgic springboard into the good stuff, and it's rare anyone recognizes their nostalgia as something crappy.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?