Author Topic: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"  (Read 26707 times)

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: FILONI: "No Delta in Season 4"
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 01:56:37 AM »
As it gets older, SW is going to have fans that didn't get started on the original, good stuff, but the crappy, new stuff. That will be their nostalgic springboard into the good stuff, and it's rare anyone recognizes their nostalgia as something crappy.

Ah yes....but don't forget that GL is systematically deleting or changing the 'original, good stuff' into more and more 'crappy, new stuff'.   What will new fans 'spring board' into exactly?  I have the original, original trilogy on VHS...but the Earth's electromagnetic field slowly corrupts and degenerates that format.

For the first time in history we are witnessing the genocide of an original franchise.  When we who experienced the original coolness of Star Wars are gone...none will be around to say it ever was....it will fade into legend...then myth...and then will be gone out of human memory altogether.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
This might go against what I said before but honestly Star Wars whether we like it or not, from old to the new, is George Lucas's dream. It's his story to tell, not everybody else's, he decides what goes in and what stays out. We may have a huge sandbox to play in that is Star Wars but he makes the finale deciscion.

I mean if you were in his shoes would you like it if people keep on throwing there opinions in and and then expect you to incorperate the stuff they created and not what you created. For example, if you were drawing a picture and three or four people lean over and all of them draw in what they want, what would you do? Erase them and draw your own stuff in?, incorperate all of what they did?, or erase some and keep some and incorperate them?

We better be happy with what we got out of this. He is still allowing Kar'buir's version of the Mandalorians and alot of the EU, turning it into Cannon. We were lucky to get Both Mandalorians and the Commando's mentioned or seen in the Clone Wars. We were lucky because unlike us, another universe I pay attention to has had most of its mythology turned into non-Cannon, I'm talking about Gene Roddenberry's universe "Star Trek". All of the books except some of the more recent ones are considered non-cannon and most of the video games to, the only things considered cannon there is the movies and the T.V. shows. We're lucky to have this little thread that we have.

But honestly this is his vision, not our's, whether we like it or not. He can pick and choose who he wants to write in the star wars universe.

And also if there is one thing I've learned with alot of Star Wars fans is that we put the old stuff on a extremely high pedestal that is impossible to reach. The kids that are watching this stuff now a days will do the samething in about 5 to 10 years.   

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

dredwulf60

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:48 AM »
This might go against what I said before but honestly Star Wars whether we like it or not, from old to the new, is George Lucas's dream. It's his story to tell, not everybody else's, he decides what goes in and what stays out. We may have a huge sandbox to play in that is Star Wars but he makes the finale deciscion.

I mean if you were in his shoes would you like it if people keep on throwing there opinions in and and then expect you to incorperate the stuff they created and not what you created. For example, if you were drawing a picture and three or four people lean over and all of them draw in what they want, what would you do? Erase them and draw your own stuff in?, incorperate all of what they did?, or erase some and keep some and incorperate them?

We better be happy with what we got out of this. He is still allowing Kar'buir's version of the Mandalorians and alot of the EU, turning it into Cannon. We were lucky to get Both Mandalorians and the Commando's mentioned or seen in the Clone Wars. We were lucky because unlike us, another universe I pay attention to has had most of its mythology turned into non-Cannon, I'm talking about Gene Roddenberry's universe "Star Trek". All of the books except some of the more recent ones are considered non-cannon and most of the video games to, the only things considered cannon there is the movies and the T.V. shows. We're lucky to have this little thread that we have.

But honestly this is his vision, not our's, whether we like it or not. He can pick and choose who he wants to write in the star wars universe.

And also if there is one thing I've learned with alot of Star Wars fans is that we put the old stuff on a extremely high pedestal that is impossible to reach. The kids that are watching this stuff now a days will do the samething in about 5 to 10 years.   

My friend, if you search old archives here you might find a few posts of mine that say almost exactly what you have said above... exactly.  So don't take it personally that I now feel that sentiment is a crock of osik.

This George Lucas guy has undiagnosed mental health issues. He is obsessive-compulsive about it. I have come to the realization that the greatness that was Star Wars exists not because of him, but in spite of him.  Though he is trying very hard to crush that greatness.

Perhaps it was great by accident; because if he has been constantly refining it into what he supposedly originally intended...that seed that he originally had was crap.  It isn't all the way crap yet...but he apparently won't stop until it is fully transmogrified.  Part of what made the originals decent was that GL had restrictions; either budgetary or the opinions of the cast, crew and directors he was working with.  He was not the all-powerful Oz that he has become and fans who hold the above opinion are willing to bend over and take.

If it comes down to Love George Lucas's continually worsening Star Wars or leave it...I'm inclined to leave it. 

I am an orthodox Star Wars fan.  I respect what it was...not what it is or what it is becoming, but if Star Wars was truly a religion, then GL is the pope, not the god, and he'd be forming an inquisition to burn alive all people like me as heretics.

After reading about the collaboration between Spielberg and Lucas on the last Indiana Jones movie, it was apparent that Lucas was consistently trying to turn it into a piece of osik...and for whatever reason, Spielberg rolled over and let him, for the most part.  At least it wasn't called "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars.'   In Star Wars however...there is no one to tell him he has had a bad idea.

So, you may certainly hold that it's GL's playpen to do as he wishes, but I don't.  What was done IS done, and in my mind, and my own version of Star Wars, most of the EU doesn't exist, including TCW and any changes GL makes to anything do not apply. 

Is this disrespectful to the creator?  yes.  But he started it.  He has a right to do what he wants, and I have the right to ignore what he does.

whew. 

Guess that should have gone in the RANT thread, eh?  :D

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
I'm tending to agree with dred here, even though I was raised on the prequels I enjoyed the original trilogy more, also

my own version of Star Wars, most of the EU doesn't exist, including TCW and any changes GL makes to anything do not apply. 
This is what I do with a lot of franchises that when they take a wrong turn on something, change it to be right and incorporate it into my head-canon

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
Just thought I should mention the likes of "Beast Wars", "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and the entire DCAU (Batman/Superman Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, Batman Beyond...) as really good examples of animated series managing to tell intense, mature storylines, while still being kid accessible.

Exactly! A kid's show can be serious and intense. That just doesn't happen much anymore because apparently serious stakes are bad for your kids or something.
I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »
Dred, I personally don't like what he's doing. And what I said was not osik and I'm sorry I haven't looked at the older archives.

I personally Like alot what the EU has created and not really what has been created by Lucas. But I'm sorry if I'm not as jaded about it as some people are.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
You just contradicted yourself.

You said it was GL world so he can do what he wants, Dred say's that's not right, and now your saying you're right that GL is messing things up.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

dredwulf60

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »
Dred, I personally don't like what he's doing. And what I said was not osik and I'm sorry I haven't looked at the older archives.

I personally Like alot what the EU has created and not really what has been created by Lucas. But I'm sorry if I'm not as jaded about it as some people are.

No need to apologize dude.  I was not trying to come across mean or anything.  I just mentioned the archive stuff so that you will know that I know what you mean, because I used to be the same way.  The rest was just me ranting about GL, not about your views.  What you said was not osik to you.  But what you said was what I used to think...and I now think that what I used to think is osik....so make of that what you will.    8)

dredwulf60

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 06:49:56 AM »
You just contradicted yourself.

You said it was GL world so he can do what he wants, Dred say's that's not right, and now your saying you're right that GL is messing things up.

Actually, Drake, as far as I could tell, Alu meant that he likes Star Wars and a lot of the EU, but he respects that GL can do what he wants, because Star Wars belongs to him, even if it worsens the whole, and we should be grateful because at least we got to experience Star Wars.   

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
Ooooh. Okay. That makes a bit more sense now.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:36 AM »
Actually, Drake, as far as I could tell, Alu meant that he likes Star Wars and a lot of the EU, but he respects that GL can do what he wants, because Star Wars belongs to him, even if it worsens the whole, and we should be grateful because at least we got to experience Star Wars.  
Actually Dred,

You hit it right on the head, that is exactly what I mean't, I may not like what GL does now-a-days, but I still love the Star Wars that We created in the EU.

And Dred I feel like a Sheb for what I said, I had a extremely rough night, we got slammed hard and I was the last one to leave even though I'm the newest one there, my mind was in a very unhappy place at the time when I read what you wrote. I'm sorry dude.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:13:30 AM by Alu Darce89 »

- Albert E.

dredwulf60

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »
Actually Dred,

You hit it right on the head, that is exactly what I mean't, I may not like what GL does now-a-days, but I still love the Star Wars that We created in the EU.

And Dred I feel like a Sheb for what I said, I had a extremely rough night, we got slammed hard and I was the last one to leave even though I'm the newest one there, my mind was in a very unhappy place at the time when I read what you wrote. I'm sorry dude.

No problem whatsoever. 

As I said, no apology necessary, I must not have read your post as angry as you wrote it.  ;)

But any man who can apologize for something that they perceive is a wrong that must be righted is a true man in my book.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
time for a rant.....

I love star wars and openly talk about it to anyone who will lend an ear. I am also, for the most  part, a TCW fan and have all 3 seasons. I enjoy the show and don't mind the politics because they interest me. They show that it isn't all fighting (mostly in season 3) but there are other things going on. Don't get me wrong, GL can go face first into a pile of bantha poodo. Also, i think the original CW was awesome, and sometimes i enjoy it more than TCW. But i can think whatever i want is canon. In my canon, the Mandalorians are not a bunch of sissies, padme isn't just a sexy version clone trooper, and Jar Jar isn't as annoying. I like TCW but it is taking an **** on its source material.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 01:59:07 AM »
No problem whatsoever. 

As I said, no apology necessary, I must not have read your post as angry as you wrote it. 

But any man who can apologize for something that they perceive is a wrong that must be righted is a true man in my book.

thanks.

- Albert E.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »
I've never beena fan of the CW.  That interview pretty much sums up why not.

This made me want to punch the computer monitor:

IGN: We saw a quick look at a Mon Calamari battle on the Clone Wars micro series years ago. Was it fun to get to do your take on that?

Filoni: Definitely. I actually haven't gone back and looked at that, but like I said, it's one of those things that fans have always wondered about, so why not?

What is so wrong with this?

The interviewer basically says...the old clone wars cartoon was pretty awesome; they had a huge underwater battle.

And Filoni comes back with ' yeah...that was awesome...but we didn't bother looking at it.  This is something fans have always wondered about...

uhhhh...no.  Fans have not 'always wondered about it.'   Why?  Because Star Wars fans saw the clone wars cartoons and saw the underwater battle and saw that it was awesome.  We don't need you to completely ignore its awesomeness and re-invent it.

Sorry guys.  I'm still a little PO'd from that Blu-Ray thread.

Everyone keeps saying its Filoni thats trying to save CW from Lucas but honestly i keep thinking he didn't do his canon homework either. *sigh* i just want them to hit 100 episodes and be done with this mess.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
maybe they'll bring in Delta soon if we are lucky (yeah right i know)

Lucas and company may own the franchise and all but it is the fans (yes I am still a fan of Star Wars in general)
are what keep it going.

How the only thing that puzzles me about having Darth Maul back.

He was saved after literally being cut in half ( i thought he was cut through the stomach etc...) yet Qui Gon-Jinn was killed with a single strike to the chest (was it his heart that was hit?)  makes no sense but meh.

I do still hope we'll see more of the Clones,  Rex and Odd Ball, Echo etc.

-hugs for all-

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Qui-gon was stabbed through the stomach. Way below the heart.

Zabraks might have total different pyhsoliogy than humans that allow them to survive something like that or he used the force to hold his guts in.

- Albert E.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
He's Darth Maul! He won't be killed by some sissy little lightsaber blade!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 02:40:36 AM »
true

- Albert E.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
He's Darth Maul! He won't be killed by some sissy little lightsaber blade!

I have a question for Filoni. How did Darth Maul get to where we found him? He was cut in half, thrown into a put and left to die. I think maul is an awesome character, but I just don't see how it's possible.