Author Topic: Fallen Angels: An Avengers Fanfic  (Read 1660 times)

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
  • Yes, I'm This Crazy IRL Too...
Fallen Angels: An Avengers Fanfic
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:29 PM »
((So, uh, yeah, I know I should be running an RP(ish) blog and writing "Abyss", but the trailer for the Avengers came out and so I wrote this one-shot to express how excited I was. And...yeah. Hope you like it!))

It was a long fall from Asgard to Midgard.  It gave him time to think.  Almost too much time.

No, Loki.

Those two words had echoed in his mind for far too long, to the point where they lost all meaning.  Once the emotions all bled away, leaving only an empty shell, he realized something.

He had no idea who he was anymore.

He was no son of Laufey.  He would show anyone who suggested it exactly what he was capable of.  And it seemed that he was no longer a son of Odin.  He’d spent his entire life trying to earn that name, but now…

The revelation came just as he was about to hit the ground.  Loki Laufeyson had died a long time ago, and whatever was left of Loki Odinson had been cast into the void.

All that remained was Loki.

Loki, God of Mischief, God of Mayhem, God of Deceit, God of Shadows.

That was who he was.

His face was still battered from his violent trip to Midgard.  He hadn’t slept in at least a week. His hair fell into his face, giving his once refined, sharp features a more gaunt, hungered look.  He didn’t care, though.  There was no time for sleep, no time to worry about how he looked.  He only had time to plan.

The city below him was a child’s creation, made of blocks and dirt, in comparison to Asgard.  But it would suffice, if only for one reason.
His brother…no, not his brother…Thor loved this place.  For the life of him, Loki couldn’t figure out why, but he did.

Would you like to know what it’s like to have nothing, God of Thunder?

Some would say that at this point he was just being petty, that he was simply lashing out like a child.  Still poor little Loki, desperate to be loved.

They would be wrong.

This had nothing to do with his past life, with the family he’d left behind, with the envy or the pain.

He would tear this world apart, subject it to his will, and break Thor Odinson’s spirit…because he could.

Because it amused him.

Because he wanted to.

And Loki did what he wanted.

He gently traced one fingertip against the glass window.  A small smile made its way to his lips.  It was the first time he’d smiled since he’d come to Midgard.
You were made to be ruled.

This city, all its inhabitants, the inhabitants of this entire realm…

Yes, they were made to be ruled.

And in the end, it would be every man for himself.

Come and find me, Thor Odinson.  Come and stop me.

If you can…

Yeah, I'm writing Avengers fanfic before the movie comes out. DEAL WITH IT.

I review, I write, I ramble!

Notes Passed at the GAR--Ask our boys anything!

"Sev. Punching an ARC. Your argument is invalid." -Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
Re: Fallen Angels: An Avengers Fanfic
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »
Nice!  The Loki you're writing definitely has a feel like the movie character.  I'd really like to read your take on some of the other characters in the movie (ie. Thor, Ironman, etc).  I absolutely love Marvel.  Have you read any of the comics?

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
Nice!  The Loki you're writing definitely has a feel like the movie character.  I'd really like to read your take on some of the other characters in the movie (ie. Thor, Ironman, etc).  I absolutely love Marvel.  Have you read any of the comics?

Thanks! :3 Loki's my favorite, so of course, all of my fanfic love goes to him.

No, I actually haven't seriously read any Marvel comics (I read a little Ultimate Spider-Man once) because I'm terrible (and always kind of preferred DC because of Batman (Batman is awesome)). However, I have every intention of reading as many Thor/Avengers comic books as I can get my hands on after seeing Thor three times. Any recommendations?

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
Secret Wars the original is good.  Thor is in it as well as some of the other Avengers.  Also, Batman rocks  :D

ScreechTheMighty

• Major
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
Sweet! I'll be sure to check it out.

Batman is a boss. Though I'm actually more excited for the Avengers than I am The Dark Knight Rises, as much as I love Batman (though this will probably change once they release an actual trailer for that movie).