Author Topic: Zombie RPG  (Read 5675 times)

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
Re: Zombie RPG
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Dred's don't scream or moan, have their sight, and follow you until they find you, and have better names.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.  I chimed in on the discussion because the solution Oronk came up with to having both types are identical as far as I can tell with mine.  :)  Which I thought 'cool'. 

Terminology:  As explored in various zombie sources, zombies will be called by various names by different groups, even within the same storyline.

'Zed' is a slang term from World War Z, but they used other names as well in that book.  I went with 'Lurker' and 'Roamer' of the Walking Dead comics...but the group of main characters there ran into another group that called them all 'Biters'.  So it's all a rose by any other name.

The zombies in my game did scream, in the Ragers mode (they were also called Infected from time to time, as well as Berzerkers).

The post-death version, the Lurkers, Shamblers, etc did moan.  I never got into their senses too much, because that's all very biological and there was no one who was able to tell for sure.  (I used Max Brooks' Solanum as detailed in WWZ and the Zombie Survival)

But I wanted them to 'somehow' be able to track by some unexplained instinct over days or weeks.  This was a setting requirement because I wanted a major incentive for the players to either keep mobile or find a defensible place to hole up.  Knowing that if you pass a couple roamers...you need to get enough distance before you camp for the night....or you'll have guests later that night. 

(I have game synopses posted in that other link for those who want to see how it came into play.)

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 02:14:20 AM »
So what drake is sayin he just wants your names for the zed is it fine if we use them?
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 04:15:45 AM »
I'm assuming this is sarcasm.

Ding ding ding!

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »
So what drake is sayin he just wants your names for the zed is it fine if we use them?

Fill your boots.  As I said, they aren't 'my' names.

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
Can my character be a SWAT officer?

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
It would make sense that a SWAT member would join up.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »
Can we post our character sheets yet?

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Ill make the actual RPG thread today
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »
OK.