Author Topic: Fire and Glory Part II  (Read 19514 times)

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
Fire and Glory Part II
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
Fire and Glory: Part Two

Chapter 1

A sickening wet ‘crack’ filled the room. Pain raced up Aaray Tracyn’s leg; she bit down on her lip. Blood trickled into her mouth and coloured her teeth, but she wouldn’t scream.
“You’re stronger than I originally thought. It’s amusing. I wonder from where you draw your strength.”
She raised her head from the floor and with all the determination and rebellion she could muster spat at  Imperial Captain Caton Brower. A look of contempt crossed his face and he kicked her in the stomach. She contorted in pain. “For three weeks you’ve been here. If that has to become three years or even three decades I will hear you beg for your life, or to die. You will learn your place as an alien in the Empire. You will yield. You will forget what it feels like to be safe.”
“You are one sick akk dog. You should really get a hobby.” Her voice scratched her dry throat, it came out distorted and tired. But she needed to say something, even if it was just to know she still could.
He kicked her again, this time harder, “This is my hobby.”
Her heart bent a little and threatened to cave, but as long as one little bit could fight she would carry on. She wondered just how much her body could endure though.

Kom’rk Parjai’Kote woke up. The first thought was of the lingering pain shooting through his side at that moment; the second of Aaray; the third of Shushai. He threw the covers aside and limped into the living room of the homestead on Mandalore.
The cheerful face of his sister greeted him at the table.
“So look who dragged himself out of bed...”
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“We did the right thing, Kom’ika. She’s alright.”
“She’s probably dead, Shu’ika!”, he was nearly shouting.

He glanced over at the comlink laying on the table, and noticed the blinking light.
“You never noticed that?”
“Nope. What is it?”
“A new message.”
He grabbed the comlink and walked into the other room. He clicked a button, and a message began to play.
The all too familiar voice of a particular Imperial emerged, “One final message, traitor, we have the girl. Do not attempt to repeat your previous incursion, or she will die in more pain than you could ever imagine. Also, do not bother to contact me again, you will not be answered.”
Kom’rk shut off the comlink and threw it at the wall.
“Kom’ika, what was that?” The voice echoed through the house.
“Aaray’s alive. But they’re holding her captive.”
“Should we go after her?”
“I don’t know. They’d probably kill her. They’re torturing her now.”
“How can you know for sure?”
“I can feel it. I just can.”
“Just how close did you two get?”
“We...we kissed.”
Shushai walked into the room, hands on her hips.
“You said yourself you wouldn’t let a woman get that close to you.”
“I have nothing to say, Shushai. You know that.”
“This girl you’ve never met before, you get a gut feeling, and you start falling in love? What is the deal?”
“I’m going back to bed.”
He trudged into the bedroom and laid on the bed. He needed to think.

Six hours later, after an unintentional sleep, he felt he had worked something out. His comlink on the floor in the hallway beeped again.
“Frak you, another message?”
He clicked the button and the message played.
“Ar, honey...we’re sorry we didn’t catch you last time. We were...occupied. We just want you to know that we want you back here...so we can work things out. We really want to see you again. Call us back when you can. We’re sorry.” The voice carried an exotic accent, a specific region of Mandalore tinged with the speech patterns of another world entirely.
He tossed the comlink on the floor as he walked into the living room again. Shushai was gone.

Frak.

Aaray’s head spun, ‘On the bright side, when you’re so tired you don’t know up from down you’re to tired to hurt.’ A fresh wave of pain up from her hands told her differently. She worked at not being nauseous. She didn’t know how they figured out, didn’t really care to, that a Kiffar who’s weak can’t control their psychometery. It was one thing to feel your own pain, but to be forced to feel someone else’s fear and suffering was different. Worse still was when you watched it happen through your own eyes first.
The door hissed open. She didn’t bother looking up, just listened to the boots. ‘Armor? Not stormtrooper either.’ “Fett.” She hoped he could hear the disdain in her voice.
“You’re coming with me,” his gruff voice boomed through the eponymous scarred helmet. “Our friend Brower is being transferred, so rather than set you free, he’s dumping you off with me.”
She narrowed her eyes. “And here I was thinking he’d do the logical thing and kill me.” She shrugged.
“You’d rather not think too much on the fact of whether I will be better or worse than your current situation.”
A borderline cruel smile formed on her cracked lips, “Picture perfect Mandalorian, aren’t you? If only your dad could see you now.”
He bit back the instinctive retort--no one touched the subject of his father.
“I don’t prescribe to all of the tenants of the Resol’nare. And don’t ever mention my father. Again. Unless you don’t want that head of yours attached to your body.”
The smile stayed but her eyes defocused, “They’re not exactly pick and choose. And for that last part, I have days when I wonder.”
“Let’s go”  He pulled her up by her arm and dragged her out of the cell.

Kom’rk pulled his WESTAR--he didn’t know where she was, and with the Empire knowing their identity, he wasn’t sure she was safe; although she may have run away...
No, he heard crying.
[color=A9A9A9]“Shushai?”[/color]
No response, just more crying. He rounded another corner.
He found her, curled up on the floor
“Shushai?”
She snapped her head to the side to glare at him; he recoiled.
“What’s wrong?”
She sobbed, and ignored him.
Kom’rk broke down; the walls he had set up to protect his fragile emotions collapsed. He realized that his sister was ostracizing him for his decisions: it was his fault. She didn’t care about Aaray, she was emotionally traumatized by her experiences, and their argument didn’t help.
He collapsed on the floor and curled into a fetal position, and wept himself to bitter sleep.

A million voices screamed inside her head, she could taste salt and metal. An entire universe of suffering unfolded inside her mind. Every detail burned itself into place too sharp to take in. Aaray woke up in a cold sweat, breathing hard. She drew her legs to her chest and tried to rid herself of the memory.
“You know, sleep is good for tortured minds. All of my bounties sleep well before either dying a miserable death or rotting in a Hutt’s cell.” The other hunter stood on the other side of the bars, towering over the girl.
“You have something personal against me, don’t you?” She left her face buried in her knees.
“Not really. Just happen to think you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or where you? How were you involved with that conniving fool?”
“He needed my help. One of my fellow Mandalorians was in danger. I hate the Empire. What other reason do you want?”
“Just wondering. He blithely took on a Star Destroyer, just for one individual. What could possibly have been his motivation?”
“It was his sister. The rest of his family is dead. Sounds like reason enough to me.” She lifted her head to stare straight ahead, her hair falling over her face.
“You say that like there is more to your camaraderie than you allow me to think.”.
She turned slowly to face him, eyes narrowed, “You can think whatever you want. But you’re reading a lot into it from what you’ve seen.”
“Maybe, maybe.” He leaned on the bars, clearly enjoying himself. “But I’m honestly intrigued. His tenacity in a perilous situation astounds me to no end.”
She looked straight ahead again, not bothering to answer, mulling over something she didn’t care to verbalize.
He stared at her, perplexed. Something about her, he didn’t know what, was tugging at a suppressed part of his mind. His comm buzzed, signifying a new message, and he left the cargo hold.
She leaned her head against the wall and sighed. ‘For this, they had better have gotten away.’

Kom’rk woke, and grabbed his comlink. He tapped in Fett’s number, and readied his thoughts.
[color=A9A9A9]“Fett, I’m not sure whether you have the girl or not, but please, do what you can to get her. If you have to take me instead of her, do it, but let her go. Just, Mandalorian to Mandalorian, consider my offer. Parjai’Kote out.”[/color]

He dropped the comlink and focused on the solitary memory of their embraces. He solidified the image in his mind, and sent a burst of Force-aided mental energy in her direction.
Aaray gasped and sat up, a feeling akin to that of having cold water poured over passed through her. A set of thoughts lingered in her mind, ‘Kom’rk?’
He ‘pinged’ her mind again, this time stronger. He felt the reverberation of her reaction--she was alive.
Her skin crawled as the same impression came again. This time thought, she had an idea of what was going on. Despite the fact her mind rebelled against the other presence, she didn’t fight it.
He sent an image vaguely resembling escape, hoping to convey, in a sort of osmotic way, that they had escaped and that he would figure a way out for her. He knew she was reacting; hoping she would respond.
‘A ship?’ The images that sprung to mind were disconnected, she hoped he understood that she wasn’t getting the message. She wondered how much of her mind he could see. Using the focus she had learned from reading objects she tried to picture the Slave I and its master.

‘Fett? Oh...oh.’ He realized everything now. Aaray was alive--tortured--and now stranded on Slave I with Fett. Shab. He sent back a thought of tranquility and of their embrace, hoping to ease her conscience.
Her mind fought again for a moment, then was still with a clear message, Peace. She closed her eyes. She remembered what it felt like to have his arms around her.
Fett leaned again on the bars.
“Having fun, my little ransom note?” The sarcasm and general smug attitude draped around him like a heavy curtain.
“You know,” She didn’t open her eyes, “Everything I’ve ever heard about you said you were totally emotionless. I see now that it’s quite the opposite.”
“People tend to be misleading in order to mold you for their agenda. I prefer to pull people along with one idea, and let them be as blithely ignorant as they want to be. You can shoot them anytime that way.”
“You’re here for a reason, what?”
“To let you know your ‘friend’ commed me. He wants to trade himself in for you. Now if that’s not stupid, I don’t know what is.”
“He can’t do that, the shabuir!” Her stony expression was lost in a heartbeat.
“He thinks he can. Tell me, are Kiffar really this hot-tempered?”
“I don’t think I’m a representative of my whole species, but a lot of us are I suppose. Are all humans as single minded?” She wheeled on him, fixing him in a malevolent stare.
“Normal humans take that as an insult. I’m not a normal human.”
“What do you want?”
“What do you think? Are you wanting to get away from here, or do you want me to crush your little crush’s heart?”
“And you know, thing is, it was my plan. The false entry, the two-pronged attack, all of it. And now this. My mistake for not thinking ahead. My choice to be here.” She leaned back against the wall, “I have no idea what you want, and I don’t know if ‘crush’ is the right word there.”
“You know it is, and you know he’s just wanting credit for everything. He’s no good. And worst of all, you know it.”
She chuckled darkly, “It’s funny that you-” Her voice gave way to a coughing fit; her dry throat no longer able to support her words. Blood rose each time the air scraped up, pooling in her hand.

Boba knelt down and reached through the bars. He pulled a spare flask of water from his belt, and handed it to her.
She narrowed her eyes, but took it.
“If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it when I had the chance.”
She took a long drink, then cleared her throat, “You still do.”
“How do you know that? How do you know I haven’t poisoned you already?”
She didn’t answer, she just went back to staring at the wall across from her.
He glanced downward at his feet, then walked out, without a word.
‘Kom’rk you stupid, stupid idiot, after all this, you better not try anything.’

A/N: We're back in business guys!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:13:22 PM by Shereshoy »
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
Re: Fire and Glory Part II
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
TL;DR

There's a new chapter up, you shabuire, so get reading.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

Laney97

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
I am sorry I never commented on Fire and Glory I, but I really like it. I like what you have posted for this so far, too.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
Thank you very much for your input, Laney. I appreciate it.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Laney97

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
What's that supposed to mean?

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
I honestly appreciate your input.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Laney97

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
I see a troll face to the left side of your post.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »
Really? I thought it was a birthmark.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
We have a GOT for this, not this topic. Stay on subject or scram.
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »
He collapsed on the floor and curled into a fetal position, and wept himself to bitter sleep.

Okay, now who made this up? I love it! It's both sad and hilarious.
When you gotta, you gotta go. - Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »
Well, gee, I dunno...

Hmm...who wrote that...

Jar-Jar?
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

MandoNightmare

• Private Recruit
  • Don't mess with a Nightmare
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Just read this and it's awesome!!!

Now to add to ky's answer:

Nice add on, but you need a pinch of more troll in...  ;)
"Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha *cough* hah..."

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
Here's a hint- He writes most of Kom'rk's stuff
I write Aaray's stuff.
-David Nicholas

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »
I hate you.

But good one.

So, anyway, I had an idea and I'm running it by Sher currently. Will talk later when I'm not at risk of being slaughtered mercilessly via the Internet.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »
Chapter 2

Kom’rk knelt beside his sister, who was still huddled in the corner, still sobbing.
“Shushai, I...”
“Just don’t. I can’t talk right now.”
“Shushai, you’ve been in this same position for almost a day now. I’m genuinely worried about you.”
She ignored him again, and continued her wailing.
What was wrong? Had something happened to her on the Star Destroyer?
He needed to find out--he couldn’t carry on without Shushai. Or Aaray, for that matter. He wondered whether he could carry on. If Fett didn’t consider his offer, and Shushai didn’t forgive him, he would probably kill himself. Or worse--go insane. He strained to grasp a memory of Aaray.
“Not to mention you’re talking to yourself right now.” Aaray knew she was starting to lose it. But anything was better than falling asleep again. Better than watching all her nightmares come alive with terrifying detail.
Her mind strayed for a moment to her parents. She wondered if they got her call. If so, what did they say? ‘Maybe they commed back. But it’s not like you’ll get it now.’ She rested her head on her knees, ‘If they did I wonder if Kom’rk told them what happened. Would they even care?’  She banished all those thoughts from her mind. She wondered, if she died here, would anyone ever even know?

Kom’rk was almost tortured. His mind was torn between Aaray’s predicament and what he could do about it, and Shushai and her problems. He had decided it stemmed from her captivity on the Star Destroyer.
He grabbed the comlink, wondering when Fett would call back; if he did. As if the universe had decided to grant him a wish, the comlink beeped; he answered the call.
“Parjai’Kote speaking. My, you have a knack for answering when I actually care.”
“Very funny. I received your message. I’m willing to bargain.”
“I’m listening.”
“I’m willing to help you with Brower. I know where he is. It would cost you some credits, though.”
“How much?”
“Fifty thousand.”
“You know I don’t have that much.”
“Then there’s something you could do for me. Shortly before I got here, I took on some bounties to cover my recent escapades. You do them for me, I’ll give you the Kiffar and help you find Brower.”
“It’s a deal.”
“Alright, meet me on Nal Hutta.”
He shut off the comlink and sighed in relief: there was a chance.

Fett walked back into the hold, smugly glancing at the Kiffar.
“You want to take a guess about what your friend is doing now?”
“I assure you I haven’t the slightest idea. But I doubt he’s enjoying it as much as you appear to be.” Her eyes, cold and empty, followed his every move.
“Good. Because he incessantly commed me. We worked out a deal. You can brood on the implications later. Just know you will be able to rest fairly soon.” He let out a sickening laugh and leaned on the bars yet again.
“You’re a twisted person, far too fond of gloating. Pride can lead to a downfall you know.”
“I’ll take my chances. I’ve been through the worst of experiences. I’m sure you’ve heard the story.”
“Maybe so. Tell me, if I stop talking to you, how likely are you to leave me alone?”
“Not very. I don’t mind silent company. So there’s no escape from me,” with another sardonic laugh.
“If I wanted to escape, I’d die. That was merely idle curiosity.” Her words were dry.
“What makes you think I’d allow you to die?”
“You don’t have to be physically capable of death to die.”
He walked off to brood in the cockpit.

Shushai Parjai’Kote rocked back and forth in the corner. It had been 1½ days since she had last cognitively done anything.
The one blotch, a gray, clashed with the other, a burgundy. The ostracized yellow and red blotch dejectedly sat staring. It was left alone.
Her mind could barely process any of these thoughts. It was so flayed from her experiences on board the Undaunted. The tortures she had silently endured were finally coming to light; she could hardly speak and could hardly think.
Aaray’s hard blue eyes stared unfocused into the distance. Her mind was blissfully empty. The pain, the hunger, the cold, the need for sleep had faded into the background. ‘A deal. I doubt he’s trading himself for me, Fett wouldn’t have been able to keep that to himself. So what is he doing?’
   The ship buckled a little, a tell-tale sign that they were jumping to hyperspace. She narrowed her eyes, ‘Where are we headed?’ She didn’t even know where they were to start with.
Fett opened the door. “I know I really shouldn’t tell you where we’re going, but I figured you won’t care either way. We’re headed to Nal Hutta.”
Her expression never changed, “Lovely.”
“You may think that I’m dumping you with the Hutts, but...”
“Goody.” Still no change. “I doubt it though. You said you made a deal.”
“...We’re going to work out our deal once there. When I can see him visor-to-visor.”
“And until then you have nothing better to do?” Her voice had the chill and edge of ice.
“So you’re not a conversationalist. Noted. Sintas...” His speech faltered. “No.”
“Supposedly Vos wasn’t much of a talker either. Maybe it’s a species trait. Like self-absorption in Humans.”
“Oh, see, that was an insult. You talk to me like you probably talk to your friend Kom’rk. The difference is that I can understand it.”
“What makes you think I talk to him like this? What makes you think he doesn’t understand? What’s your validation for anything that just came out of your mouth?”
“You’re right. You probably have to talk to him a lot simpler than that.”
“Again, why do you say that? You sound to me like you’re talking through your-” She cut herself off. She needed to stop her sudden habit, “Excuse me, that’s not very lady-like of me to say.”
“Oh really? And what would be lady-like?,” he said, experimenting.
“In my case? That depends. What answer are you looking for?”
“Oh I don’t know. Something that’s preferably not an insult.”
“Then I probably shouldn’t tell you your ship looks like crap.”
“No you shouldn’t. Otherwise I’d start complimenting you.”
“I’m shaking with fear.” She still didn’t change her tone, didn’t turn to face him.
“Fine then. I think your hair is an interesting shade of black. Really suits your eyes. Whatever glimpse I can get of them.”
“Glad you think so. Because, you know, there’s an overwhelming number of shades of black.”
“Really? Never had to deal with rejection before. New feeling. And before you ask, I am intentionally being overly sociable. If only to annoy you.”
“I wasn’t planning on asking and I stopped caring enough to be annoyed.”
“Okay, good. So may I continue complimenting your various features?,” he said, nearly jesting.
“I really don’t care. I rather you didn’t.”
“Okay then. Just to let you know so you can eat your heart out with anticipation, we’ve got about an hour.”
No reply came. Fett turned again and walked to the cockpit, bemused.
“So much for not leaving if I didn’t answer,” she mumbled under her breath. ‘Sweet Manda please let this all work out.’ She emptied her mind again, and listened for whatever she could hear, real or imagined.

Kom’rk tried to reach out to her again. He sent a larger thought burst this time, hoping she could respond in some way.
His answer came; relief and a sense of questioning.
He sent a vague image of hyperspace, then of Nal Hutta.
Aaray wasn’t quit sure how to tell him, but she tried to let him know she already knew.
He understood; she could tell what he was saying.

He was about two hours from Nal Hutta already, so he sat back and hoped Shushai didn’t get into any trouble.

Aaray tried to tell him to be careful, she wasn’t sure what Fett might do. She hoped her fear made it clear.

Fett. He didn’t like him. This was necessary. He told her that he was certain he was doing the right thing.

She wasn’t sure. She asked if he had a plan.

He answered with a positive image. He also answered with an attempt at “I miss you”, but he wasn’t sure how she would respond.

The sentiment wasn’t lost to her. Her heart jumped and her emotion tangled themselves. The pain inside her came rushing through her careful barriers like flood water. She didn’t know what to think.

He noticed the positive effect on her mind--at least he thought it was positive. He wasn’t sure with Aaray. He glanced at the chronometer: one hour and fifty minutes. He realized he didn’t have a plan, then went to sleep thinking about one.

Captain Caton Brower, formerly of the ISD Undaunted, currently of the ISD Resistant, which was currently in orbit over Yavin, sighed. They were preparing for an excursion down planet-side; Brower had the privilege of leading a regiment down to secure a landing zone for the occupation troops.
He tried to forget the experience aboard Undaunted--he had a mixed feeling of embarrassment and pride; embarrassment at his failure to recognize a two-pronged attack, and pride at his put-down of the intruders. True, the prisoner had escaped, but they had gained a more valuable one; an alien. Had it not been for Fett, he would have subjected her to certain...experiments, but the bounty hunter had let his morality get in the way and had threatened Brower into releasing her into his care.
The sergeant approached him. “Sir, we are ready for departure.”
“Fine. Where is the regiment?”
“Boarding the shuttle as we speak,” the sergeant said as he fidgeted nervously.
Brower nodded, and followed the sergeant down the labyrinth of corridors to the hangar bay.

An incessant beeping woke Kom’rk from his sleep. He glanced at the chronometer; it flashed all zeros. He was there. Now the question of Fett’s arrival remained.
He still didn’t know what he was going to do. No plan, so he assumed he would just do whatever Fett asked, to a degree, and get Aaray back. He didn’t care.

The ship shook again, they were back in real space. Aaray’s nerves stood on end, this was it. ‘Unless, of course, Fett was playing you. In which case you could be anywhere for any number of reasons.’ She rubbed the bridge of her nose, and flinched when she hit the spot where the cartilage had recently reset. ‘I have a bad feeling about this.’

Slave I. He never thought he’d see it, let alone step foot inside it. Yet here he was, waiting to dock with it.
He didn’t know what Aaray would look like; probably emaciated from the torture.
He commed Fett.
“Whenever you’re ready, Fett. I’m ready to dock.”
The helmet-filtered voice was filtered again by the comlink, resulting in almost incomprehensible speech. But Kom’rk could make out a grunt and something affirmative, so he began the docking procedure.
The two ships lined up perpendicular to each other, the nose of Slave I meeting with the underside of Victory’s Revenge II. It wasn’t the best of fits, so a boarding tube extended from the larger ship to fill the space. Kom’rk held on to his WESTAR in his pocket and descended into the mess that awaited him.
He reflected on the fact that he had never been good at negotiation...

As he entered the famed bounty hunter’s ship, he couldn’t help but notice that it was eerily empty. He walked toward the cockpit, on edge. He got the feeling he had been duped into a trap, but peered into the cockpit anyway.
The feeling of a trap dissolved when he saw the bounty hunter, feet on the console, relaxing.
“Hello there, Fett. Seems even the great need a break.”
“I knew you were here when your attitude came out of hyperspace.”
“Funny. And I thought I had an ego.”
“Do you want your girl or not? I’m tired of fools mouthing off on board my ship.”
“Whatever you say, utreekov.”
Fett stood, glared hard through the emotionless visor, and waved his hand toward the corridor outside.
“After you.”
Kom’rk nodded, and made his way into the corridor, watching Fett as best he could from the corner of his eye. He assumed he was headed to the cargo hold to talk to Aaray.

The walk was a short one. Fett edged ahead and opened the door. Kom’rk reeled when he saw the Kiffar propped against the bulkhead. She looks like haran. A large purple bruise covered her cheek, the bodysuit she once wore under her armor was little more than shreds around her arms and even from where he stood he could see the network of scars covering them. Her left ankle set askew.
He could see more than just a physical change; the way she once carried herself, like she knew what she was doing, and if she didn’t she would figure out, was gone, replaced by one of uncaring and stoic silence. A more animal, aggressive edge shone through.
But the worst were her eyes. When she turned to look at him they carried a weight that wasn’t there before. They were icy, cold, and hard.
“You know, it’s a shame you have to leave, Aaray. I’m going to miss you. I enjoyed our conversations,” he said, Kom’rk almost seeing the sardonic grin on his face.
“I should kill you right now, you shabuir,” he said, offended.
“But you won’t, because you can’t. Just take her and get my bounties done. I’ll tell you where Brower is after you’ve done them all.”
“Maybe then I’ll kill you myself.” Her voice had the same edge as her eyes, sharp and cold as a glacier.
“The Kiffar with the broken ankle is going to kill me? I’d bet my chances on Kom’rk being smart before you’d be able to kill me.”
“Physical wounds heal, Fett,” she hissed through her teeth.
“Yes, and dying is a physical wound, so by your logic, I’m invincible.” He turned his back.
“Death is not a wound. Watch yourself, you make too many enemies to be safe for long.”
“I can watch myself. Now you, I’m not sure about that. And death is inflicted by a wound. Now get off my ship.”
She pulled her self into a shaky standing position, careful to keep her weight off her left leg.
Kom’rk ducked into the cell and positioned himself to take her weight. He scowled at Fett, wishing he was able to see through the visor at that current moment.
Aaray paused a moment when he touched her, her muscles tense, but after a moment she yielded and let him help her.
Memories flashed back to before this debacle, when appearances indicated just a bounty, nothing more. Their embrace brought reassurance to the forefront; Kom’rk slowly guided her out of the cell and out of the cargo hold, not looking back.
Aaray couldn’t bite back the primal fear inside her, she had learned twice that the only thing that came with letting people get close was pain, even if her mind knew better.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:29:22 PM by Shereshoy »
-David Nicholas

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »
So, speaking of that idea, we have decided to host a "livestream" of sorts. We'll give you a link, and you'll pop in and chat with us and give us ideas while we write. PM me for details.

Also, TL;DR:

Dialogue! YAYAYAYAYAY! And I hate coding!
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
What!  :shock: I get to speak to the infamous Ky and Sher! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Now to comment: I like how Boba still has that no care attitude! Nice Job!
When you gotta, you gotta go. - Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
Now to comment: I like how Boba still has that no care attitude! Nice Job!
I thought he sounded drastically OOC.
-David Nicholas

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
Shhhhhhhh...

Don't TELL them that!
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Shereshoy

• Major
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
Okay Guys- Here's the deal, we have an open document set up and today at one o'clock we'll be writing a short story. It's to let people see what we act like when we work and to give them a say in what we're doing. If you want the link, PM me.
-David Nicholas