Author Topic: Who's got Karen's email!  (Read 8198 times)

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
Who's got Karen's email!
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Didn't know were to put this. So here we go.

Who's got one that's legit? I need to ask her some questions about her characters reactions in my Fan-Fic. And before you ask the Fan-Fic is <<<CLASSIFIED>>>. PM me if you got it and NO PRANK FAKE EMAIL ADDRESSES...

Many thanks the Orange.
When you gotta, you gotta go. - Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park

Delta 42

• Captain
Re: Who's got Karen's email!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind.

Shereshoy

• Major
  • Bang. Bang. Bangbangbangbang!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
You know, come to think of it, I did she her fan email address. She tells you not to send Fanfics.

http://www.karentraviss.com/contact-form-2/index.php
“God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine”
-David Nicholas

You are two parts personality and one part confusion.- Eparavu

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »
Well osik... I guess I'll just make her characters reactions in my story a surprise. Oh, well.

Riotv2

• Captain
  • Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
She doesn't want to get the actual fic in her mail, but a question about the characters wouldn't count. But i don't think she'd answer anything about rc anyway.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

-------------------------------

Remember...the EU will be with you...always.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
Yea, asking questions about a project she cut ties with in less-than-cordial ways is not very tactful.

Well osik... I guess I'll just make her characters reactions in my story a surprise. Oh, well.

It's not that hard to mimic any character in writing for a little while for any half-decent writer. Just read a few bits with the character talking and acting to get a feel for them, and write away.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:52 PM »
It's not that hard to mimic any character in writing for a little while for any half-decent writer. Just read a few bits with the character talking and acting to get a feel for them, and write away.
^These are probably the best ideas.

However, and please don't make me regret putting this out here, Traviss is still perfectly happy to discuss RepCom with fans who take the time to email her.  Just be nice.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Grunt Trooper

• Zone Lord
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:27:14 AM »
I agree. If it's really really important to your character and I mean like... Sev kissing a Hutt type of reaction... Then you should ask her, but you must be absolutely respectful about it. She made our favorite ComMANDOS, and then got told it "No."

Otherwise, if it is just a surprise or some-such random character death then just research it and wing it. Like Drake said

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »
Haha, Like Sev would do that. Actually, I might try it; but first I got to have my ideas written down. I mean my questions are quite simple, like how would Kal [spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]PM me to find out more.. CONFIDENTIAL unless you do.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 12:24:52 AM »
Really? Either you're fishing for readers and are using this "Super-Confidential" crap as a half-baked advertisement scheme, or you are just trying to be annoying.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »
Either you're fishing for readers and are using this "Super-Confidential" crap as a half-baked advertisement scheme
^This.  If you're going to post, just post.  And if it's good, people will read.  This kind of this is annoying, to be honest.
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Commando_Orange

• Lieutenant
  • Your favorite buddy.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
Ah, sorry couldn't resist...  :upsidedown: Fine I'll post it tomorrow and rename this thread "How would KT's character act in my Fan-Fic?" Cause this fan-fic needs to be done and posted. All that help will be posted as a tribute for their honesty.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »
You're still advertising... lolz

Laney97

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »
I don't blame him. Maybe I should start...

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »
I don't blame him. Maybe I should start...
How 'bout you don't and just say you did, 'kay?  ;)

Riotv2

• Captain
  • Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »
better yet ...don't and don't.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

-------------------------------

Remember...the EU will be with you...always.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
better yet ...don't and don't.
Or that.