Author Topic: Star wars Space battles  (Read 10766 times)

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
Star wars Space battles
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:10:11 PM »
I have set this up as a new forum game. People will submit their own ship and will be matched by another similarly sized ship. I will write a short story (1-5 paragraphs) of the battle, give it a rating to each ship, and determine the winner. This will be a tournament system. Each ship must be star wars realistic and from the SW universe. NO crazy add on's. You may have fighters in a large cruiser. If you are displeased with the outcome of the match, you may ask for a rematch. I will ask Drake to help me on some of these.

Let the battle begin!

Current match: Vlet Hansen's Keldabe-class battleship VS. PaperHat's Venator-class Star Destroyer

BTW: if you want, you may name your ships.

Laney97

Re: Star wars Space battles
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
I name my Venator Libertas.

That's Latin for Freedom.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
First battle! The Keldabe-class battlecruiser VS. The Libertas, A Venator-class Star Destroyer

The Libertas exited hyperspace at the designated coordinates. A lone asteroid sat directly ahead. As it slowly spun, a ship came in to view. The Keldabe-class battlecruiser broke orbit and turned to face the Libertas. "This doesn't look good." Captain Laney thought as he watched the battlecruiser spin to face them. "They are charging their mass driver, sir." The clone at the conn said. "Brace for impact!" The captain exclaimed to the bridge crew. The projectile lanced out from the battlecruiser, through space, and hit the Libertas hull. A large explosion could be heard as A jolt ran through the ship. Checking the screen, captain Laney reviewed the damage. The hit had torn through a sizable chunk of plates and bulkheads, and pressure had been lost on multiple decks, but all critical systems were operational. "Fire all turbolaser cannons at that ship." He orderd. Lasers lanced out from the ship and impacted the Keldabe battlecruiser. A small number of lasers fired back in retaliation, but they were absorbed by the Libertas shields. The ships shield shimmered and faded away as the blasts hit the hull. Their engines exploded in a bright flash. The shockwave rippled through the rest of the ship, destroying bulkheads and corridors. The remains of the ship and her crew floated through space. "Good work." Captain Laney commented "Now, lets return to base."

Notes: The Keldabe had a slight advantage with the Mass Driver, but the sheer size and power of the Venator won the day. Win goes to the Libertas!

Laney97

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:02:51 AM »
Ha ha! Yeah, I thought I lost that after the first bit.

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:33:43 AM »
Mon Cal cruisor, Mediator class
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:37:41 AM »
Acclamator-I class Republic Assault Ship, named RAS Providence.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »
"Captain Laney, we have received reports of a group of clones going rogue and stealing the Providence and defecting to the separatists." a clone said. "Do we have their jump location?" Laney asked. "Yes sir. An asteroid belt near wild space." he replied. "Set course and make the jump to lightspeed." he told the clone. Minutes later, the stars flashed into starlines as they entered hyperspace. Hours later, they reverted to realspace. An asteroid field sat in the middle of the viewscreen. A seperatist warship sat to one side alongside the Providence. "There she is." Laney commented. "Sir. The separatist ship is moving to retreat." The clone told him. "And the Providence?" He asked. "She is holding position." he said, checking a nearby console. "Sir. The separatist ship has made the jump to lightspeed." another clone stated. "Keep a firing solution on the Providence and prep fighters." Laney told them. "They are launching fighters." a clone called. Small specks lanced out from the Providence as it moved to allow it's secondary bays to launch fighters. "Launch the bombers in defensive formation and have the fighters protect them. Fighters passed the double bridge on their way to meet the opposition. Light flickered as the two fighter clouds met. A small cloud of fighters and bombers exited on the other side. "Tell the bombers to target their shield generator" Captain Laney told the clone at communications.  Turbolasers shot out as the opposing ships gunners tried to hit the bombers. A few flashes of light reached the viewscreen as a few bombers were hit. The remaining ships reached the location of the shield generator. Proton torpedoes lanced out from the bombers as they hit the hull. The shield crackled and faded. "All ships, break off and attack." Laney told the fighters. The cloud split into two as the fighters attacked. Multiple lasers and missiles struck the hull and exploded. Pieces of bulkhead started to drift into space. A few weak laser blasts lanced out in retaliation before falling silent. "Sir, message coming in. They are surrendering." a clone said "Good. Tell them to stop attacking and return to base. Bring us around to dock.

Size wins again as laney goes 2 for 2.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
Someone post a huge ship to compete with the mediator.

Laney97

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 07:14:41 AM »
Someone will now say "Death Star!" and kill me.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
There were only 2 made, and both were destroyed.

Laney97

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
I was having a laugh.

Who is next to get murdered by the Libertas?

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »
Suncrusher mark II. Except, that would be wrong time. If it is, then I would like an x-wing. It's so small it might beat the Mediator in the same way it beat the death star.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
The sun crusher is allowed. But it is so overpowered that only a black hole could destroy it. So you get the x-wing.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »
The mediator exited hyperspace onto the single ship. It circled and fired it's lasers uselessly at its shields. The mediator opened fire with enough power to destroy the ship 57 times. The debrise floated in space until they were shot again. The debrise was then scooped up and made into a washing machine with extra cleaning power. Buy now, and receive some Oxyclean!

Notes: that was just embarrassing.

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
Okay, I'll go with the Suncrusher.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
Since you know what the suncrusher is, you also know i can't allow it.

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 08:06:43 PM »
Okay, you had said that it was aloud. I'll go with an Executor-class star destroyer.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »
You know guys, the point of this isn't to post "Over-Powered-Super-Ship #1" vs "Over-Powered-Super-Ship #2". Seriously, try and be a little original at the least.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:50:17 AM »
I put into play My Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser named The Recluse.

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
Putting a dreadnought agains a venator is unfair. Would anyone care to put up a ship to compete?

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 01:45:43 AM »
how about a Lancer class

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.