Author Topic: T-shirt production interest thread.  (Read 2632 times)

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
T-shirt production interest thread.
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:20:28 PM »
I am looking for people to either donate art or get a percentage for their art. Post here a sample and whether you will donate or take percentage.

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
Re: T-shirt production interest thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
I think what Mereel meant by an interest thread is who would actually be interested in buying a shirt, But maybe I'm wrong.

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
Re: T-shirt production interest thread.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
That is exactly what I meant 899.  :)

The purpose of it would be to gauge how many potential shirts you will be ordering.   I would also spend a lot more thought into a few things before you get to that point.   One is what will the shirt color be, what sizes can you provide, what supplier you will be using, how you are going to receive potential money from people, how much are they going to cost, how much are you going to make people pay, how you are going to get shirts to individual people, THEN you make an interest thread and gauge the number of people who will be buying one.    

Me and Flyboy spend a while working out details and looking into retailers, and the main reason we put the project on hold was because we were trying to find the perfect way to produce a quality but cheap shirt.

Now I hate to discourage, but unless you can find a way to produce these shirts cheap and effectively then I doubt you will get much interest.   I know I for one will not be willing to pay more then 20-25 USD for a shirt, not to mention the cost of shipping.   Now from what you said in your other thread you made it sound like you wanted to make some money off of this and that is an immediate turn off to to most.    Now I am going to lock this thread until spend a little more time to develop an effective marketing plan, trying to get everything a stated above sorted out then I will open it back up.   Use your 'Production' thread to keep us updated.

Let me tell you know it is not going to be easy and or cheap.   I have been trying to work out way to get a shirt made for the last year or so and have yet to make it economical for everyone.

This is not even mentioning the use of anything Star Wars on the shirt.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:19:44 PM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."