Author Topic: Bull Osik: Quotes from other Forums  (Read 6157 times)

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
Bull Osik: Quotes from other Forums
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »
I have decided to put this up to show what goes on against us in other forums. (Well not us, but mandalorians and Travis)

By a guy on the Jedi council forums:
DEAR KAREN TRAVISS,

While I have enjoyed the general storyline of your books, you need get something straight.

3 clone troopers, even if they are nulls, ARE NO MATCH FOR AN ARMED JEDI KNIGHT OF EVEN MEDIOCRE SKILL, EVEN IF SAID JEDI IS CORNERED! In the 501st book, you even had a Spartti clone as the hero in a 3 v 1 battle against a lone Jedi.

You have elevated the Mandos as "almost Jedi" but without the force, and that just isn't the case.

Also, I sometimes feel like there is too much conversation, like a high school student who is adding non-relevant data to meet a required word count.

So anyway, back off on the "Super Mando" stuff.

Sincerely,

SENSORED

Posted under the topic, what do you think of the Republic commando Novels?:
I think these are the weakest books out there, along with the Clone Wars novelizations and a third of the Legacy of the Jedi series (Guess which third). Any thoughts?

Douchebag:
It appears that if I mention the author of these books by name, I get banned, so lets just call her the author.

I hate these books. I think the author is, hands down, the worst Star Wars author ever. Her books are boring, she invents new Jedi powers left and right like she has never read another Star Wars book. And I am sick of her writing in a different language, forcing the reader to be constantly looking up words. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm sick of how she is now writing just about EVERY Star Wars book out there. Does she have some strange contract with Lucas Books, or does Lucas Books actually like the crap she writes? Thoughts?

Under the same topic
I hate the LotF as a whole even when there were good books in the series. It's the overall thing that counts. Sure, the Mandos were an annoying group of authorial pets, but compared to the ending of the series and the mess Invincible left things in I think the glorification of Mandos is not a big deal. Jacen's death and the flop ending are.

In my opinion, the first RC book was pretty ok.

It's ok though! He thought the RC books were pretty OK.

Post any more you find here.

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
Re: Bull Osik: Quotes from other Forums
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
what a bunch of shabs....

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
SENSORED

You mean "Censored".

Beyond that, I learned a long time ago I don't give two flying damns about anyone else's opinion, so things like that don't bother me. It shows the poster's immaturity and lack of literary knowledge to post a "I hate X" response without giving specific example, or at least a well thought out and logical statement.

Look at how Dred posted why he doesn't like the EU. It doesn't contain specific examples, but he explains what he doesn't like, and makes no attempt to convince others he is right. He just states his opinion.

Also, posting a "What do you think" topic invites post supporters and detractors. To only want one you should have made a different topic.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
Yeah, I don't get why some fans don't like KT's novels! They're some of the best SW out there!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
Do we really need a topic showing other people's ignorant responses to Mando and KT fans? What, exactly, is the point? To rage at the ignorant, unwashed masses and feel superior and self-righteous? If so, carry on, but I question the wisdom of putting this here. Feels like a big sign saying: "Trolls, want easy targets? Come to this thread!"

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Do we really need a topic showing other people's ignorant responses to Mando and KT fans? What, exactly, is the point? To rage at the ignorant, unwashed masses and feel superior and self-righteous? If so, carry on, but I question the wisdom of putting this here. Feels like a big sign saying: "Trolls, want easy targets? Come to this thread!"

Exactly.

And you're going with the supposed default view that everyone here loves Travis' books and agrees with her (your) point of view.

I don't.

I thought Hard Contact was very good, but for me the series took a rapid nose-dive after that.   I think Mandalorians are cool, but I don't think they are the greatest thing in the Star Wars universe.  My heart belongs with the Jedi.

I'm here as a fan of Republic Commandos, and Clone Troopers by extension.  The ones who serve loyally and bravely, not the shifty deserters who ditch the army to take up arms as bounty hunters and soldiers of fortune.

Put that in your pipe.

8)

CMD TAN

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
I have to agree with dredwulf
When all you know is gone then you will truly have a reason to live." Rawandan genocide survivor

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
No, I do not want people to troll these sites. I'm just mad about people trashing RC and Travis for no reason.

dredwulf60

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
And you are entitled to your opinion.  Just as they are entitled to theirs.  Nothing you ported in here from the other forum I found particularly inflammatory.  In fact I agree with most of it.  So the point remains, what exactly are you trying to do with this thread?  Post other people's viewpoints and opinions which you don't agree with, so that the members on this forum can get angry and post replies to which the original poster on the other forum will never see?

That falls pretty firmly in the realm of futile.

When Mia originally brought up other forums it was in the context that she was treated very rudely and decided she doesn't like going there.  So your response is to try to bring some vitriol back here?

Better stop, take a few deep breaths and make a plan or exit strategy for this one, 1499.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »
When Mia originally brought up other forums...
Kinda sorry I did now, since I wasn't really trying to start something... :\
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »
I'm going with exit strategy. reviewing this i realize that you are right. Im not sure where i was going with this, and they are entitled to their own opinions. And asking people to post just made things worse. I'm sorry everyone.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
It's okay, bro.  You get pissed and...don't really think about anything other than venting.  If anybody gets it, it's me. :)
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
Kinda sorry I did now, since I wasn't really trying to start something... :\

Eh, nobody blames you, Mia. Venting to people that share your viewpoints is sometimes necessary.

dredwulf60

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »
I'm going with exit strategy. reviewing this i realize that you are right. Im not sure where i was going with this, and they are entitled to their own opinions. And asking people to post just made things worse. I'm sorry everyone.

No need for sorries,

posting that you are passionate about something is cool.  People see your opinion and can agree or disagree; 

This subject just didn't need its own thread.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:20 AM »
Eh, nobody blames you, Mia.
First off, thank you.

Venting to people that share your viewpoints is sometimes necessary.
And second...this^