Author Topic: "Clone Wars" section  (Read 8373 times)

Journeyman Protector

• Captain
  • LIVE TO SERVE
"Clone Wars" section
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »
I think a "Clone Wars" section for the forums is needed. The closest sections to this only deal with commando literature and games. But as far as a section for talking about the other clones, other battles, jedi generals, seperatists and the Clone Wars in general, there is none.  Yes we have General SW section but thats mostly for topics that have nothing at all to do with the Clone Wars. Anybody with me?

COME ON YOU CLONES - YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Kad

• Lieutenant
  • New on the block......!!!!!
Re: "Clone Wars" section
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »
Im with u Ner Vod.......good idea.....a clone war section for discussion would be cool......a lot has happened durint the years of the clone wars and a lot stuff thats gonna happen.....

Interesting topic....im game

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
  • What's it mean to be human? I'd rather be a clone.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
Yes, I think it's a good idea to have a place to discuss the Clone Wars. (Why it's called the Clone Wars instead of the Clones' War still stumps me, though.)
The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

Kad

• Lieutenant
  • New on the block......!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
Hey....never thought of that way.....Kandosii......good attention to detail Ner Vod.....

Laam'inui

• Major
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:33:14 PM »
Hehe yeah, it makes it sound like there are two sides of clones fighting each other.

Quote from: Boba Fett
"You can't rule Mandalorians. You just make sensible suggestions they want to follow. And since when have Mandalorians needed to be told what makes sense?"

RC-1138 [Boss]

• Major
  • Ulic Qel-Droma: Jedi, Knight of the Force
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
I think that's a gd idea vod, we could have threads of different battles, characters, vehicles, or such. Kinda like a databank but where we discuss things. ;)

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:15:08 PM »
Why it's called the Clone Wars instead of the Clones' War still stumps me, though.

Well I guess it's because the Clones are the same and the droids are the same... You know what's weird? People were dying yet practically no one was fighting(Droids aren't people, Clones are the same person... Does that make sense?) ... until the near end when Geos, Trandos, and Mon Calami were fighting...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:25:27 AM by Lieutenant_Fordo »

igamesonline.net

Laam'inui

• Major
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »
Clones are people too!

Quote from: Boba Fett
"You can't rule Mandalorians. You just make sensible suggestions they want to follow. And since when have Mandalorians needed to be told what makes sense?"

Flamingo Jett

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 07:55:13 PM »
I very much like the idea of a sort of databank that we can discuss... great idea, Boss!

RC-1138 [Boss]

• Major
  • Ulic Qel-Droma: Jedi, Knight of the Force
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »
Just a thought, glad you liked it vod. :)

As to Ijaat Ka'ra's question I think I found an answer on www.starwars.com's Q&A section.

Expanded Universe - April 22, 2005

Q: In A New Hope, Princess Leia says, "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars..." Now, noting the "s" in wars... does this indicate that there is more than one Clone War? It contradicts the end of Attack of the Clones, where Yoda states, "Begun the Clone War has." What's the deal?

A: The day Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated, no one dreamed of calling the conflict World War I. It wasn't until time passed that the true scale of the conflict could be measured and a term could be coined that would accurately encompass the war. In this terrestrial example, what was once a strictly European war blossomed into the Great War, and when international turmoil delivered a sequel, it became World War I.

Likewise, the Clone Wars had different labels in the early days of the conflict. The Great Clone War didn't stand the test of time as far as naming went. It was the plural Clone Wars -- suggesting the breadth of galactic conflict and scattered fighting on multiple fronts -- that won out.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:04:56 PM by RC-1138 [Boss] »

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
I just saw this now... oops. :blush:

You can discuss the Clone Wars in General Star Wars for now. I will keep an eye out and if there turn out to be so many topics that they're clogging that forum, I'll separate them. I just don't like separating before there's need - sometimes it can stifle discussion when there's so many forums that someone can't figure out where to post.

A-09 Cassus

• Private
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
I agree, this site needs a forum on the Clone Wars, because with the creation of the new 3-D sereies coming out later this year to close the ap between Ep. 2 and 3. It would also be cool if we are able to talk about the regular clones too!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »
Yes there should

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
Behind you all the way

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Gwinnya

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 01:10:23 PM »
Now there is more need for it than a year ago,

I agree too

Ava by tion
Signature by liltony9144

Former known as Tal

clone assassin

• Lieutenant
  • Die Proud!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »
I agree to.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
I agree
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »
I think there should come a clone wars section cuz. there are getting too much topics now.

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 01:40:58 AM »
I will remind people - because I've gotten a half dozen pm's and emails about this already - that this is something that Amy would have to do, and she's not likely to be around with any degree of regularity for at least another two years, so while posting here might make you feel better, bear in mind that none of the moderators have the ability to make this come into being, and Amy probably won't ever read it anyway.
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 02:34:37 AM »
Unless we PM her and wait for her to read it :P.

igamesonline.net