Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III  (Read 20957 times)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
[spoiler]I wondered that as well. I think it would be awesome if he wasn't.[/spoiler]

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
[spoiler]since I'm really busy I'll suggest this..... Dan Cross OR the elder Miles.... OR..... whoever the modern day person is from AC Liberation.[/spoiler]
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
[spoiler]Well, Desmond kills Cross in ACIII. For all his talk of being such a badass and killing the Assassin's Mentor, Cross was a big pushover.[/spoiler]

So I finished the game and well
[spoiler]A little disappointed by the resolution, if you could even call it that. And is it just me, or does anyone else think that the game should have completely been centered around Haytham as the ancestor. He was way more interesting than Connor, who had the emotional variety of a brick. Haytham was classy, a bit arrogant, and very "the ends justify the means". Connor was just pissed off all the time, the dude never smiled.

The game should've spent more time on Desmond as well. But I really loved all the improvements and additions they made to the game mechanics. The storyline was just very disconnected and felt like it was playing through in notes form, the events didn't flow together well at all.[/spoiler]

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 02:11:37 PM »
[spoiler]This is the first game where the Assassins didn't have the moral high-ground, the Templars did. That is going to make the player generally like Connor less, and Haytham more. Also, Connor was overly attached to his tribe, whereas previously, Altair and Ezio were dedicated to the cause.[/spoiler]

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »
[spoiler]That is definitely true. I'm glad that the dev team decided to bring some intelligence back to its post-assassination Templar limbo realm discussions. All the enemies in Revelations seemed extraordinarily dull, they were basically "We Templars! Control good, freedom bad! So we must kill people! We bad!" The moments in AC3 were much more interesting, and reminded me a lot of the ones in the first Assassin's Creed. Hickey's was my favorite by far.

There needs to be some word for these moments in the games. Saying "post-assassination Templar limbo realm discussions" gets a little tiresome.[/spoiler]

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 12:48:54 AM »
"Final Words" seems appropriate.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
Bingo!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
[spoiler]And there is no modern-day person in Liberation, along with Cross being dead.

Its unfortunate that they had to make Connor such a lame character, my dislike of him didn't come at all from the 'moral high-ground' issue. I enjoyed that aspect immensely, it felt much more realistic and added a layer of thought and intrigue into the story. Kinda like the recent Batman movies, the main character must take the moral low-ground to achieve the final greater good. It also creates some sympathy for the enemy, which I always find interesting. Makes the story less childish.

Haytham just had interesting character aspects, unrelated to his moral high-ground, that were more interesting. I thoroughly disliked him at many points, but I had to admit, he had charisma and personality.

And another thing, why the hell did they choose that particular voice actor for Connor? He was terrible. His voice was so robotic, which early on in the game fit his character quite well, but later on was just pointless. After all the years of not only speaking English, but also being around people, he should have become at least a LITTLE more loose in his speech. [/spoiler]

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
[spoiler]How many voice actors speak Mowhawk? They went for authenticicty and accuracy of language, opposed to acting skill in this one. Personally, though, I wouldn't have made the same decsision.[/spoiler]

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »
[spoiler]I'm not sure the voice actor spoke Mowhawk before he was cast, I think he just memorized how to pronounce all the Mowhawk lines. I could easily be incorrect about that though, and if I am, that's impressive.

But I agree. I would have made a different choice.[/spoiler]

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
[spoiler]The voice actor came from the reservation along with the historical experts and cultural advisers they used.[/spoiler]

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »
[spoiler]Ah, I see. Didn't know that.

But still...couldn't they have gotten him a voice coach for his English or something?[/spoiler]

Find an excuse to win.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
[spoiler]Also, there was no "nothing is true, everything is permitted." Ever uttered. (Or I don't remember) But, come on! Isn't that important?[/spoiler]