Author Topic: Halo 4  (Read 37602 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Re: Halo 4
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »
Probably going to get this today with birthday money when we go to town. Yay! :)

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »
Not quite at the end of the campaign; still on the one where I'm in the Broadsword, but I think I'm pretty safe in saying

[spoiler]I'm probably going to miss Cortana, aren't I? :(

It's just so heartbreaking, especially the line where she says that Chief will probably get assigned a new Cortana AI, and she says "You know it won't be me...right?" I just feel so bad for her, and I'm pretty sure I see where it's going. :([/spoiler]

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Ethaneo

• Private
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
I've played loads of halo and on a personal level I managed to accept Halo 4's storyline as a continuation to Bungie's legacy.. However I still felt more strongly about the first three Halos that came out.

Gameplay wise, as compared to the previous Halo titles, Halo 4 matchmaking is a lot faster paced (no bloom on precision weapons, and not to mention beefed up automatic weapons, instant respawn on certain gametypes, faster reloads) and due to many different variations one can set up a player, there's a lot of angles at which one could tackle the matchmaking experience. Personally I prefered it when things were more simple like in the previous versions. There was a greater window for adaptation and reaction.

But.. all these are just my views =P

(If you ask me, I'd still rather play Reach over Halo 4 anytime. Even though the glory days were pretty much in 2 and 3 xD)
Aliit ori'shya tal'din, Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman,mirjahaal.| Haat, ijaa, haa'it | K'oyacyi Ner Vod! Vode An!

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
(If you ask me, I'd still rather play Reach over Halo 4 anytime. Even though the glory days were pretty much in 2 and 3 xD)
A man after my own heart. :D
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Ethaneo

• Private
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
Good old days ;)
Aliit ori'shya tal'din, Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman,mirjahaal.| Haat, ijaa, haa'it | K'oyacyi Ner Vod! Vode An!

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Meh. It's disappointing for me. I love the game,

But literally, every time Halo or COD comes out, I feel like I'm playing the same game.

Campaign = Meh. Best campaign for me was either ODST or Reach.

Multiplayer = Great, not as good as 3 but better than Reach.

Co-Op = I MISS FIREFIGHT!!!

Please stay until I'm gone
 I'm here hold on
 To me I'm right here waiting
 And take my one last breath,
 and don't forget
 That I will be right here waiting

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
I just finished Spartan Ops season 1 and I can now say that I really love it.  For the first half it ended up feeling like a bit of a gimmick where similar missions were put on the same maps with not much story tying them together.  The second half though, that was really action packed and I'm now quite glad I did it all in one go (or at least over the past 3 nights).  I really felt invested in the story pretty quickly in the second half, and the twists they threw in showed they paid much more attention to story-writing then in the first half.  I can honestly say now that if 343 Industries released Spartan Ops as a standalone, episodic game for a reasonable price I'd happily pay for it to play future seasons that way, especially if it also tied into the multiplayer of the future core games.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
Ugh. My Xbox really is shot. It scratched my Halo 4 all up! Also, and this has nothing to do with the disc, I assume, Halo 4 now will not play any sound effects whatsoever. The Dashboard button and other games still make noise but Halo 4...mute. Completely. I hope a new Xbox will solve this.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
So the disc is scratched, and the only thing which won't play sound is the game, so you assume the XBOX is at fault? You might want to look at your reasoning.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2013, 01:46:25 AM »
Older generation xboxes tend to eat discs. If the scratches are geometrical than your xbox probably did it. If not you may have bought a scratched disc.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
So the disc is scratched, and the only thing which won't play sound is the game, so you assume the XBOX is at fault? You might want to look at your reasoning.

I called my local Gamestop, they said it probably had nothing to do with the disc, but it could be the cables. That still doesn't make sense to me, since that is the only game where the sound won't play; I'd assumed it was the game beforehand. Especially since now it's a pain to get the game to work at all, but we've been having trouble getting any game to work lately, Halo 4 is just an extra pain.

Older generation xboxes tend to eat discs. If the scratches are geometrical than your xbox probably did it. If not you may have bought a scratched disc.

I believe it may be the Xbox. We've had it worked on twice now, and it is three years old. We're probably due for a new one soon, and yes, the scratches are geometrical, so it likely was the Xbox which made the scratch because I know it was pure and unscathed when I bought it, and I'm always very careful putting it in the tray or back in the case.

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Moving the console while in operation can cause silmilar results as well. But I would definitely get a new xbox anyway. Older generation xboxes WILL eat your discs. My old xbox ate my Elder Scrolls: Oblivion disc once when I played it for 8 hours straight.

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
I'm lucky cause I got one of the xbox 360 S's...although, I'm being told it's going to be obsolete when 2014 rolls around and the xbox 720 comes out... which btw, I totally called back in 05. It was something like "Dude, you get that xbox 360 for 399.99, and half a decade later, they're going to make the Xbox 720, and after that the xbox 1080...and they're going to charge you top dollar for it, and make your old console obsolete so you either buy the new one or you don't game."
 I'm here hold on
 and don't forget

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
Two things:

1. I doubt Microsoft will continue with the degrees of rotation motif in naming their consoles.

2. Advancemnt is good, so stop complaining.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
Two things:

1. I doubt Microsoft will continue with the degrees of rotation motif in naming their consoles.

2. Advancemnt is good, so stop complaining.

Are you kidding me? They've already started calling it the xbox 720.

Also, Advancement? we've been playing the same games over and over and over since Halo, AC, and COD came out. They keep saying how the xbox 360 doesn't have great graphics and the Xbox 720 will or what not, that's all BS. It's all about money, More and more money. And they're just going to make the LIVE on 360 obsolete so you can't play unless you buy the Speculatedly priced $599.99  720.
 I'm here hold on
 and don't forget

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
Are you kidding me? They've already started calling it the xbox 720.
Microsoft has yet to even state that a new Xbox exists yet, so how could they be calling it the 'Xbox 720'?  Only video game media sites/magazines are calling it the 720, and that is only to emphasize that it is the next console along from the Xbox 360.  I actually read one one such site a few weeks back that a supposed 'inside source' at Microsoft stated to them that the new console will drop the numbers and simply go back to being the 'Xbox'.  Besides, I read back at launch in 2005 that the name 'Xbox 360' was intended to represent that the Xbox wasn't just a games console, but a system capable of providing a full range of living room digital entertainment needs (not their exact words, obviously, but its more or less the same).  A name like 'Xbox 720' just wouldn't fit with that line of thinking.

Also, Advancement? we've been playing the same games over and over and over since Halo, AC, and COD came out.
They keep making the same games because people keep buying them, so the developers keep making a profit on them, so they make more, which the consumers then buy, and so on.  However, to say there has been no advancement at all is quite extreme, as there have been quite a few additions to these franchises (Firefight and Spartan Ops in Halo, multiplayer in AC, Spec Ops and Zombies in CoD).

They keep saying how the xbox 360 doesn't have great graphics and the Xbox 720 will or what not, that's all BS.
Graphics isn't everything, but in this case the fact that the Xbox 360 isn't up to par is true.  Look at any modern PC game and say that the Xbox 360 has as sharp textures, or as smooth animation.  I've been getting a few games lately I might have gotten on Xbox 360 for my PC instead and I'm glad because it looks far better oin my PC then it would have on Xbox 360.  One of the things that excited me when they announced the PS4 specs is that it has plenty of power and memory to provide sharp textures, smooth animations, realistic physics and fast load times which all help make games feel that bit more polished.

It's all about money, More and more money. And they're just going to make the LIVE on 360 obsolete so you can't play unless you buy the Speculatedly priced $599.99  720.
It's Microsoft, of course it's all about money.  Having said that, $599.99 sounds way too high to me, especially if they do what they've since done with the Xbox 360 and offered a version you can buy for $99 plus $14.99 a month for 24 months.  I'm also not sure they'll be able to get away with charging for Xbox Live any more, especially with PSN being free and PC gaining ground back (thanks partially to the ridiculously long cycle of current generation consoles).

I totally called back in 05. It was something like "Dude, you get that xbox 360 for 399.99, and half a decade later, they're going to make the Xbox 720, and after that the xbox 1080...and they're going to charge you top dollar for it, and make your old console obsolete so you either buy the new one or you don't game."
You do realise this has been going on since the 1970's?  Games consoles didn't magically start in 2005, and if anything its even harder now to make the old one obsolete.  Look at the PS2.  They've only just stopped production of it, making it the best selling and longest lived console in history.  Along with this '10-year lifecycle' MS have been talking about for the Xbox 360, I doubt we'll see it go away just yet.  I'd say probably 2015 - 2018 we'll see Xbox Live for Xbox 360 shut off, depending on how popular the old hardware and games are, and how backwards compatible they make the old games on the new hardware.

Anyway, this is a topic about Halo 4, not the new Xbox.  Discussion should be in either the XBL clan thread, or its own topic.  So, to get back to Halo 4: I got up to SR-37 last weekend after starting to get into the SWAT playlist.  Probably going to more Spartan Ops for now though so I can complete all the episodes on Legendary and get my commendations up more.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
Understood, the discussion had changed.

Anyways, SR-56 Rogue-6. :D I also got the Raider armor...it is my current helmet.

Who is stoked for this 5000 kills in one month challenge?
 I'm here hold on
 and don't forget