Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season V  (Read 62788 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
The Clone Wars - Season V
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »
Well, Season Four is over. Looks like it's time for discussion on S5. What do you want to see in Season five?

Personally, I want:

-Conclusion to Ventress' arc
-Embo and his dog
-More of Rex's doubts from the Umbara arc
-More Fives ARC awesomeness
-Dengar
-Boba Fett
-Rahm Kota and his militia

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
Re: The Clone Wars - Season V
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
Being a fan of the SW universe, I didn't like dengar. I think they completely messed him up. I allowed Bossk, but I just can't accept Dengar looks and acts like that,

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »
Being a fan of the SW universe, I didn't like dengar. I think they completely messed him up. I allowed Bossk, but I just can't accept Dengar looks and acts like that,
I wholeheartedly agree. 
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:38 PM »
Meh I never really liked Dengar in the first place. Doesn't bug me . . .

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree. 

Same here. I loved those stories about "Payback"
-And a youger, gayer, version of the man complete w/ the same armor and turban that he wears 20-30 years later was incredibly lame.

Otherwise, I would love to see more Embo and his dog, and more Fives, and more.... well, pretty much all of that
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »
Clones. And Deathwatch (AKA: Mandos done right).

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »
Some better dialogue, some better storylines. Aside from clone-centric episodes, TCW is really lacking in these departments.

Overall I think Season I and II had the best mix of action, dialogue, and story. Sure they were lacking a bit in the visual diversity and intensity, but somehwere in Season III the story seemed to slip in favor of fancy effects and "homages" (C'mon, we've had Alien, Godzilla, Seven Samurai, Jaws, Ninjas, Gulliver's Travels, Alice in Wonderland) It's like the team is having trouble coming up with original stuff.

Remember Trespass? That, along with Rookies, The Deserter and a few others is one of the best episodes of the series. You had a cool setting, cool aliens, political stuff that made sense, evil guys, good guys, action, a major protagonist (Chuchi) that wasn't part of the "Big Three" (Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi). And the conflict that was showcased as unnecessary and unfortunate, but unavoidable. Clones were ordered to kill the Talz, and even though you as the viewer knew it was wrong they did it anyway. Plus Rex had some awesome moments, and the Jedi actually negotiated like they were supposed to instead of just swinging a glowing baseball bat around.

If you haven't watched Trespass in a while, go ahead and re-watch it during TCW's hiatus. You'll see what I'm talking about. Season 1, episode 15.

On a related note, what in your guys' opinion are the best episodes of TCW? I'll list some of mine:

[spoiler]Season 1: Malevolence Trilogy, Droids Duology - Downfall and Duel, Rookies, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Jedi Crash and Defenders of Peace, Ryloth Trilogy, Hostage Crisis (Total: 13)

Season 2: Holocron Trilogy, Geonosis Quadrology, Grievous Intrigue and The Deserter, Lightsaber Lost, The Mandalore Trilogy (Say what you want, I liked how they handled Mandalore), Cat and Mouse, Bounty Hunters, Zillo Beast Duology, Fett Trilogy (Total: 20 - As you can see, in my opinion Season 2 was pretty dang awesome)

Season 3: Clone Cadets (I didn't really like ARC troopers), Hunt for Ziro, Heroes on Both Sides, Nightsisters Trilogy, Citadel Trilogy (even though Echo died), and the Trandoshan duology (Total: 11 - as you can see, much less good here. Not really sure if I like the Mortis trilogy or not, cool at some points, bizarre and needless at others)

Season 4: Calamari Trilogy, Umbara Quadrology, Deception quadrology (Total: 11) [/spoiler]

Another thing I really, really really want TCW to do is have some more interconnectivity within the whole show. So far there have been some huge revelations and mind-boggling events (Krell for instance) that the show just doesn't follow up on, or just doesn't acknowledge (Echo, Waxer). Hopefully the establishment of some of these big plots (Mandalore, Savage and Maul) where the issues are still left unresolved will allow this interconnectivity to happen. One can only hope.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:59:53 AM by H-BOMB »

Unit 899

• Major
  • Wassup.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:50 AM »

Personally, I want:

-Rahm Kota and his militia

I never though about it that much but that could make for a very interesting story arc somewhere down the line.

Quote from: Eparavu
Then out of nowhere you are like I AM THE GODDAMN BRONY BATMAN.
Quote from: N-11
Better to post infrequently and have good things to say, then to post all the time and say a lot of useless crap.

GOODYSMOODY

• Sergeant
  • Sev's biggest competition.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the begginning of the end of the Jedi Order.

Or some battle on Korriban with Rex and that.
'That'll make 'em think twice...maybe even three times,' Scorch after blowing up trandos with a turret.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »
Koribans been deserted for centuries. There's nothing there but empty ruins, picked clean.

GOODYSMOODY

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 04:29:23 AM »
I know that, it's one of my favourite planets. A battle against the beasts or some sort of seperatist base.
'That'll make 'em think twice...maybe even three times,' Scorch after blowing up trandos with a turret.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
How is it that it's empty ruins picked clean, and yet there always seems to be a Sith academy, or Sith archaaeological expedition, or a Sith something there every time someone goes there?
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
Because its convenient to keep returning to somewhere established instead of somewhere new and exiting.

GOODYSMOODY

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
^True.
Dantooine or Onderon would be cool.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »
Hmm... Death Watch might make a move back to Dxun...
It's Indiana Vlet!

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
Hollllaaaaaa! First teaser of Season 5! http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_season5_teaser_trailer.html

Maul bros and Death Watch!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
Better one here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=407370922635541 If you can get to it... it's off the SW facebook page, it's about 5 times a long... I see Sugi, I see Hondo, they mentioned a fight for Onderon, and it's looking like we'll get to experience the entire dismantling of the New Mandalorians! HOORAY!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:51:19 PM by Vlet Hansen »
It's Indiana Vlet!

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »
CAN'T WAIT!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Galactic Marine4

• Private
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »
I hope they use clone trooper units that we've seen in episode III, like mabey the Galactic Marines  :D
Galactic Marines, First In, Last Out, OORRAHH!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
It's Indiana Vlet!