Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season V  (Read 67426 times)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Re: The Clone Wars - Season V
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »
My favorite part was when Byph pointed at a door alone, and then when he saw he was alone he frantically pointed at the door the Wookiee and the Rodian chose!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »
and then when he saw he was alone he frantically pointed at the door the Wookiee and the Rodian chose!
That was pretty funny.
I did like that episode. (Like H-Bomb said), it showed some of the magical side of the force.
(I liked when the young-Stas-Alli-girl just calmed down; and put her hand out and "trusted in the force, etc.).
I loved how the Crystal temple was on Ilum and it was snow-covered, etc. (like in the 2-D Clone Wars cartoon).

Did anyone see today's episode, yet? It was w/ the younglings again, (which I was not expecting). And, I guess it was OK. I thought it was a bit of a let-down.
-That droid was more annoying than 3-PO.

And Hondo.... [I wish they'd make up their mind w/ that guy. (Sometimes he's a good guy, some times he's a bad guy)]. I get the fact that he's a pirate and all; but, still....
One week he helps Obi-wan fight the Dathomir Duo. Another week he helps Anakin secretly arm a nobel band of rebels. And this week, he so cavalierly orders the death of the younglings.
I mean... Are we supposed to like the guy or not like the guy?
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
  • Hates Bioware officially.
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
[spoiler]What do they imply by turning Ahsoka into profit? :P[/spoiler]
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod
And nearly any other F2P game on this planet.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:22 AM »
I actually liked this episode more than the last one! I really like Huyang the new droid character too, he was like a mix+mash of Ollivander from Harry Potter, the Doctor, and C-3PO. Plus he could kick butt! (but it may be my David Tennant bias).

I agree with the Hondo criticism though. And with that I'd like to list all the times Hondo has switched sides:

1. He captured Dooku, tried to ransom him to the Republic
2. Then he captured Obi-Wan and Anakin (and tortured them).
3. He extorted and attempted to eradicate a peaceful group of Felucian farmers
4. He sheltered the young Boba Fett, let Aurra Sing and Bossk lay a trap for the Jedi (and then informed Plo Koon about the trap), and made a big shpiel about how Jango was an "honorable" man. What do you know about honor Hondo?! You're flip-floppity!
5. Then he helps the Onderonian rebels by bringing them heavy munitions to fight Separatists with
6. Then he tries to rob and murder a bunch of Jedi Kids
7. Then he aids Kenobi in fighting Maul and Savage

With all that said and done though, Hondo Ohnaka is still one of the best voiced and most entertaining characters on the show. I think he's supposed to play the role of "lovable rogue" like Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, but in order for that to truly succeed I think he would have to be a constant member of the main cast, or at least show up more often. (Although we have been getting a healthy dose of Hondo this season!)

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
Hondo cut up battle droids with a vibrosword!

And apparently loves little Tholothan girls.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »
My thoughts on this latest episode:
[spoiler]Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.
Meh.[/spoiler]
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »
My thoughts on the latest episode:

[spoiler]
Crap
Poop
Scheisse
Crap
Poop
Scheisse[/spoiler]

Uhg, and we have to go through three more episodes of the same stupid slapstick humor before this arc ends and we can get back to Maul and Mandalorians and Black Sun. Hopefully the appearance of Commando Gregor can save these droid episodes from utter failure.

Usually I'm optimistic with this show, but they really dropped the ball on this one. The Young Jedi arc, while I initially was wary of it, turned out to be pretty good! Probably due to the rather large dosage of Hondo. But this last one was just blah. That's all I can really say about it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:33:29 AM by H-BOMB »

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »
Agreed on both comments. Hopefully Gregor can salvage this.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »
So what did everyone think of our new pal Gregor?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
Well, we don't need to be worried about the show's treatment of commandos... A borderline amnesiac commando has at least 75% accuracy, way beyond... well, basically everyone else with a blaster in this show, and most of that one handed.

[spoiler]Also, we get a borderline heroic sacrifice right off the bat, although he said he'd be back and he's wearing Katarn armor, so without a body...[/spoiler]
I was pleased. Also, I like the little Hero Moment when he first puts on the helmet and the visor lights up...

For me it basically ran:

The Colonel: Hiya kids! It's time for another half-hour of Bumblius Retardicus and his metal minions!

Gregor: Hi, I'm a Commando. And I'm here to save this entire show.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:04:41 PM by Vlet Hansen »
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
*Hits "like" button on keyboard several hundred times until it breaks*

But yeah. Who's going to get to work Photoshopping Gregor's visor into something usable?

The only thing I had problems with were the CC- rather than RC-, and his rank being a Captain. Unless he was squad leader, he should be a Private. Everything else was amazing.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »
The original designation was CC, maybe is tag was out of date or some such? And I'd expect him to be a sergeant, but maybe he was field-promoted? The GAR seems to do that an awful lot...
It's Indiana Vlet!

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
Hmmm...or, maybe Dave's screwing with the canon again?

Either way, small trifles. I loved this episode, and I hope we can see a whole squad of commandos someday.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 05:52:38 AM »
Hmmm...or, maybe Dave's screwing with the canon again?

Either way, small trifles. I loved this episode, and I hope we can see a whole squad of commandos someday.
That 'bout covers my thought, though the captain thing bugged me.  how hard is it to say sergeant. same with the cc not rc, but all in all, very good.
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
Is it hard to believe, though, that a commando's accomplishments were enough that he was promoted to captain? Especially nearing the end of the war?

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Yeah I didn't know commandos could become officers.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
If you read on the official website, apparently he (and his squad, assuming they exist) were attached to the 212th, which explains why they were at the Battle of Sarrish (Routine Valor comic).

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2013, 04:33:02 AM »
It wouldn't be the clone wars if they didn't have something that is either completely illogical or messes with something that already exhisted.
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Disgruntled MMORPG
  • Commander
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2013, 11:00:45 AM »
[spoiler]I liked the gist of the pep talk. Only problem is that he's talking TO DROIDS. DROIDS.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The thing with the wreckage flying into the station was oddly intense. I was just a tad worried for R2, even though the almighty plot shield was still in effect.[/spoiler]
Speaking of, that's my main beef with this whole series. There's been no danger to any of the main characters besides Ahsoka, and because they're too concerned about ratings and demographics to kill her off, there's still no danger to her! The only characters they've killed off are the characters all the bonafide fans love in this show: the clones. It's getting absurd. But then again, the whole thought process behind multiple soap opera arcs expecting to pull the same ratings is absurd.
This arc especially gave us some really cool moments. Gregor...and...well, just Gregor, but my point remains. Cool things, even in the worst arcs ever.
The saddest part about all this to me is that they DO pull the same, if not more ratings.
Honest appeal here: can I see the phase 2 clones in action? Please? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase? Please? No? More soap opera? Okay. I'd say I'd quit watching, but we all know that it's not going to happen.
Lists of games I play:
-- Star Trek Online
-- KOTOR (1 and 2)
-- SWTOR
-- Terraria
-- TF2
-- Magicka
-- Left 4 Dead 2
-- Garry's Mod

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
Anyone else see that teaser for the Death Watch episode coming up?
It's Indiana Vlet!