Author Topic: Inheritance OOC  (Read 10545 times)

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
Re: Inheritance OOC
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:20 AM »
I'm fine, its drake really. But to prove a point if you ever meet a Delta force guy, call him a ranger.
Fall down.....go boom

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 03:52:19 AM »
No dude i get it. Hellfighters are ODSTs the same way members of Tier 1 are SEALs.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 03:59:09 AM »
Do you call a soldier a pilot because he flies into battle on a helicopter? No, you don't. Thus why these guys are ticked when you call them ODST's. An ODST is a Marine who volunteers for a special service. These guys are from the Special Forces, so they consider themselves different. It is a matter of unit pride.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 04:01:32 AM »
Dude they dropped into battle in HEVs, only ODSTs do that. They wear and use ODST equipment. Therefor Hellfighters = ODSTs

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »
So 117 was an ODST on Delta Halo?
Fall down.....go boom

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 04:07:00 AM »
*sigh* you know what, forget it. Your Hellfighters.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:21 AM »
Dha'Ward, another thing: Worth&Powers are not your characters, so what you say about them doesn't matter. It's what I say that does.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
I do not believe i took control of either of them. Giving orders sure, Richard is a Commder after all.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
No, but you are insisting they are ODST's. In character creation I decided they were not, so that is how I will play them.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 04:32:34 AM »
Its is still going to be easier just to say ODSTs. rather then Hellfighters.

Also this conversation made me make this.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:02:04 PM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
If you call the characters ODST's, don't be surprised if they take issue with it. End of story.

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »
I'm not going to argue this anymore. My character isnt an ODST, but if youre going to make that assumption, feel free.
Fall down.....go boom

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
Yeah.... We gathered that. 
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »
Let's all take a deep breath and realize a few things here.

1: Drake and Adeptus. In your character descriptions, you said your characters were SpecWarCom operators whose unit was specifically known as 'Hellfighters'. But you also said that you were an ODST Recon support team, and Adeptus specifically said "he wasn't the average candidate for the ODST". That fact, combined with your ODST appearance and use of ODST equipment, I think a lot of people assumed you were a BRANCH of the ODST's, not a completely different unit.

2: I noticed that the other Spartan players didn't catch onto the fact you guys were a different unit, but I didn't say anything because it could have been a somewhat interesting conversation piece at some point in the story. I also made sure my character never addressed them as ODST's, I only used it in my character's personal thoughts. Rusty called them 'Hellfighters' in the briefing room.  I was planning on using it later, but now that people have thrown a hissy fit over it, I guess not.  Remember, if you want a good RPG, not all mistakes and/or misunderstandings by your character are negative. You can use them to your advantage later.

3: 
But to prove a point if you ever meet a Delta force guy, call him a ranger.
No shi t, sherlock. Guess what, a Delta Force operator would never identify himself as a Ranger Recon Unit. There is blame to be laid on both sides for this confusion and subsequent argument.
So 117 was an ODST on Delta Halo?
Adeptus, you are brand new here. I would appreciate it if you weren't a twat to our several-year veteran members. You knew what he meant, this comment was out of pure smartass idiocy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:41:55 PM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
I was planning on using it later, but now that people have thrown a hissy fit over it, I guess not.  Remember, if you want a good RPG, not all mistakes and/or misunderstandings by your character are negative. You can use them to your advantage later.

If you look at it, that is exactly what I was trying to do in the RP. Then I get thrown this:

Drake i understand your Hellfighters but your still ODSTs. Hence why we keep calling them that.

Which forces me to explain, out of character, why my guys care. Then I'm told I'm wrong, and that my guys really are ODST's, so I shouldn't be making the point in the RP.

Pro Tip: When a character disagrees with your character, don't try and sort it out out of character.

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
Sorry that i'm trying to remove misconceptions about my character. If you want to call my character an ODST go right ahead, I'm not going to argue this anymore.
Fall down.....go boom

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
If you look at it, that is exactly what I was trying to do in the RP. Then I get thrown this:

Yeah, I figured that is what you were going for. That's why I said nothing and played along.

Which forces me to explain, out of character, why my guys care. Then I'm told I'm wrong, and that my guys really are ODST's, so I shouldn't be making the point in the RP.

Pro Tip: When a character disagrees with your character, don't try and sort it out out of character.

Hence why I tried to explain in the above post, because the others didn't notice the distinction.

Very good point! All good RPG's have good character-on-character conflict.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2012, 02:12:29 AM »
Hoping to kick start this again.