Author Topic: Inheritance (Halo Role-Play)  (Read 16631 times)

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
Re: Inheritance (Halo Role-Play)
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 04:14:28 AM »
--Ripcord, Bloodhound.--

--Copy Bloodhound--

--Hellfighters returning. We have one wounded, see if you can get one of the walking tanks to carry, she shouldn't be too much of a problem.--

-- Good Copy Bloodhound. See you soon.--

--Ripcord, Slipstream, lets not play juggle the pilot, I've got her.--

--Roger Slipstream--

Callahan closed his external speakers. --You've got her? You sure you wont need help? Or is there something you might want to be telling me?--

-- I don't have scrawny little arms like those spartans, I can carry a pilot just fine.--

--Bullshit, I didnt think guys like you were allowed to have feelings Slipstream.--

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:20:16 AM by Adeptus_Astartes »
Fall down.....go boom

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 04:29:19 AM »
--I don't care how many letters you got, don't try and get in my head. I'm team leader, it's my burden to get everyone out alive, even if it means I literally have a burden-- Worth snapped, looking at Callahan. From the quickness of the movement, the pilot sensed something was amiss.

"Everything okay gents?" she asked. Worth nodded.

"We'll link up with the rest of my team, and the Spartans, over the rise" he said. The pilot cocked her head.

"More of you?" she asked.

"Roger that. Ripcord, last member of my team. Good spotter, better man" Worth said, pumping his legs to get up the incline. He kneed her in the rear accidentally.

"Ow! Mind watching it?" she asked in mild annoyance.

"Sure, right after I mind the loud, injured pilot I have to lug up this hill as I debate if saving aforementioned pilot was worth it" Worth replied.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 04:42:27 AM »
"You know Slipstream, we do have five able bodied walking tanks just a short ways away. I bet one of them could give our new found burden a hand. Besides, how many people get to say they've been carried around by a spartan?"

Callahan grinned and looked over. Worth shot him another glance which Callahan was sure would be murderous if he could see Worth's eyes.

"You raise a good point, mate. I'll have to think about it."  Vener said.

Callahan tried to keep himself from laughing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:45:02 AM by Adeptus_Astartes »
Fall down.....go boom

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 05:00:47 AM »
"Because you want to be in the arms of the Covenant's number one target, so that way all those nice plasma shot get to personally greet you" Worth said dryly. It was at that point in which they reached Powers.

"Looks like the Ell-Cee made a friend!" Powers laughed. Only for a moment did he glance at the pilot and nod one in greeting, the rest of the time his eyes were glued outward, scanning for enemies.

"Let's get to the Operations Base. We can secure ground transport from there and move onto our primary objectives" Worth ordered.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
Rusty saw the ODST carrying the wounded pilot, and weighed offering assistance. This man seemed to hold the same hostile attitude towards Spartans as most other ODST's, but it was pointless having him waste his strength when it would be like carrying a friend's backpack for the Spartans.

He approached calmly and spoke matter-of-factly. "It is pointless for you to waste your strength when there is more efficient ways of moving the missus." Rusty put his Battle Rifle on his back, leaned down, and held out his arms to take the wounded pilot.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:40:57 PM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
Callahan couldn't hold in his laughter, so he cut his com channels, and tried to keep from buckling over. He was moderately successful, but the slight motion caused Powers to look over, confused.
Fall down.....go boom

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
Powers looked back at Callahan laughing, and saw a glint. It looked like the spotter sight Elites used to direct Jackal sniper fire. Powers immediately tackled Callahan to get him out of the way.

"Can we just move-" was all Worth said before a carbine round hit the dirt at his feet. Worth looked down at the shot, down at Powers, down to the shot, to the pilot, to the shot, to the Spartan. "MOVE OUT!" Worth yelled, finishing his rather rudely interrupted thought. Worth started running North, toward the FOB. Powers pulled himself and Callahan up with relative ease and dragged him along for the first few steps as he got his feet under him. Powers quickly fell in step with Worth, scanning with him rifle, looking for the source of the shots.

--Operating Base Whiskey, Predator 1-1, we could use ground pick-up or fire support, we'll take anything you can provide most rikki-tick, over-- Worth said into the radio, his voice calm and level.

--Roger that Predator 1-1, we've got you on our sensors. We've got problems of our own, we'll see if we can scramble a Warthog for pickup. Wait two mikes-- the RO responded.

--Roger that Whiskey-- Worth said. "If we can last that long"

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
Rusty instantly unhooked his BR, swiveled, dropped to a knee, aimed, and fired off a single burst in the direction of the shot. Then began running towards the FOB, keeping pace with the ODST's, using his larger body to possibly block any fire they would be receiving.

He believed he had hit one of the Jackals, but Rusty had seen several more of them setting up on the ridge. From the way it looked, they had seen the lone ODST, Powers, and were attempting to come upon him from behind when the Spartans arrived and Worth returned with the casualty. The circumstances didn't matter anyways, now they just had to reach the FOB before anyone got hit.

Worth, to his credit, was keeping up a fairly good pace while carrying the woman. Rusty understood his mentality, and would not try to take her from him unless he visibly stumbled. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:19:19 AM by N-11 Commander Ordo »

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »
OOC: Callahan was with Worth when he helped out the pilot. Powers was hangin back with the spartans.

As Powers dragged him up, Callahan began to move. He saw the direction one of the Spartans had began to fire in, his HUD told him it was a Lt. Rusty. As he was moving he rotated and began to backpedal, burst firing his assault rifle in the direction the spartan had fired. The Hellfighters moved, Powers, Callahan and Rusty covered Worth and Vesner. The Spartans fell back as well, albiet at a slower pace, engaging the hostiles as they followed the Hellfighters. In the distance a small dust trail could be seen, billowing up on the route from the FOB.
Fall down.....go boom

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 12:29:27 AM »
OOC: Edited.

Rusty turned on his right foot as he moved, locking his upper-body armor plates into place momentarily for a steadier shot while his feet still back-peddled. A few quick bursts, and another Jackal on the ridge went down. However, they were quickly moving out of reliable range for the BR, while the Jackal's Beam rifle was still perfectly accurate.

His HUD informed him that the small dust-trail in the distance was an approaching Warthog. However, it was the passenger variant, which meant no heavy guns for cover.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »
Worth continued to move, ocasionally stopping short and movingat an angle to throw off the sniper's shots. In a blessidly short time, the Warthog was upon them and sliding to a stop.

"Get i-" was all the driver could shout before a round hit him in the neck. He slumped over, blood pooling in the seat. Powers swore and yanked the Marine so that he was in the small space behind the driver's seat. Worth moved around to the passenger side and laid the pilot down. He jumped in, covering her unarmored body with his armored body as best he could while retaining his ability to fire. Soon he was adding well-placed shots to the covering fire.

"Man, I hate driving in someone else's blood. It's all sticky and wet" Powers complained as he took the wheel.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
As the ODSTs grappled the pilot and got her into the Warthog, Richard motioned the Spartans to take up walking defensive positions around the hog and that they would run along side the vehicle until it made it to the FOB. He got off a couple rounds from his DMR at the incoming Jackels and he explained this to Worth.

"Go, we'll cover you till you reach the FOB and then secure this side of the base."

He dived behind a large boulder into the mud to avoid an incoming Wraith plasma motor.

"Kilo- 3, Kilo-6, get in that hog and get suppressive fire on that ridge, 2 and 4, knock out that Wraith! Il cover you from here and when you get back. MOVE SPARTANS!

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
"Its not going to be someone else's you have to worry about if you dont get us the hell out of here!" Callahan shouted, as he hopped into the back of the 'Hog. He began to fire in the direction of the Covenant hostiles.
Fall down.....go boom

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 03:23:27 AM »
Luckily the Warthog had stopped within the deadly accurate range of Rusty's BR, and he was still landing well-placed shots when it pulled up with a screech. The driver was hit in an instant, right through the artery of the neck. Rusty mechanically made a quick visual assessment of the injury.

Plasma beam round through the neck.

Artery severed.

Burning has cauterized most of the area, but blood still pumping steadily through artery.

Loss of blood, and likely drowning effects.

Factoring in distance to FOB, with rough ride and limited medical capabilities.

Life span: Mere minutes, if even.

Survival: Doubtful.

This he thought in only a moment, and then returned his attention to the action at hand. The ODST's were loading into the truck quickly and efficiently, as expected. Suddenly, a plasma motor from a newly arrived Wraith came howling towards their position. The airy and all-too familiar 'wrrrrr' sound of the incoming round made Rusty shudder. He crouched down low to avoid the concussive wave, since he was luckily out of range of the impact for it to drain his shields to empty.

Without a word, he followed Richard's command and hopped into the back of the 'hog. With one knee on the floor, and the other calf wedged in between a pair of seats for balance, Rusty once again took aim at the ridge. He leaned down and turned over the body of the driver, getting a better look at the wound.

His first glance had been less than a second, only the view he got as the driver slumped to his side. Now Rusty saw that the round had also impacted the top of his spinal cord, severing it and killing him instantly. Better this way than drowning in your own blood. Rusty thought to himself.

He switched his BR to single-shot to conserve ammo and retain more accuracy as the Warthog kicked into gear.

Find an excuse to win.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
   Marcus and Duke moved quick as another wraith round came flying their way, the brighter blue light a clear warning.    This one was no doubt going to hit the Warthog in its current position.    

"INCOMING!   He and the rest of the Spartans rolled for cover.    
Powers had just managed to hit the accelerator, the plasma round hit the ground right in between the where the group had just been.  The warthog felt the effects of the blast but to no real damage as it did a slight fishtail and continued on its way.

Duke nodded to Marcus as he unloaded his assault rifle and slowly started to flank left.   He was standing long enough for the wraith to notice him then quickly ducked behind cover of a nearby hill.  Meanwhile Marcus had started flanking to the other side of the wraith.   He stayed behind cover a best he could trying to quickly make it to the enemy vehicle.   The longer he took the more chance Kilo could take a hit.   He neared the wraith now, just to the left of it out of it peripheral vision.  He was close enough now he could see several grunts standing in cover of a nearby hill rock formation firing sporadically down at the Richard and Duke.   The grunts along with the wraith were oblivious to his presence.    

The wraith fired one more shot and Marcus sprinted up behind it.  He took a giant leap and landed on top of it.   He had taken out enough he knew exactly where the top hatch was.   He yanked it off much to the surprise of the elite driving.  Having already pulled the pin of one of his frags he dropped it with ease into the elites lap.  To make sure he had no chance of tossing it back out he slammed the hatch shut, he did it with such force that practically resealed itself.   The wraith frantically lurched forward as the elite discovered there was nothing it could do.  

Marcus jumped off and took a small roll and was back on his feet.  In less than seconds he would take out the Grunts.  The way the wraith jumped forward and the way he rolled, he ended up in between the three grunts, just now noticing the spazzing wraith and the blue and gold Spartan.   He grabbed one that was still turned by the neck.  The second he swiftly upward kicked in the head, which went flying off clean off squirting blue blood everywhere.   The third he dispatched with his pistol at the short range, one shot to the forehead.  
The first one was still kicking his arms as the wraith exploded in a great big ball of flames.   He then broke its neck and headed back down to the rest of Kilo.
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
Powers' foot was flat on the Warthog's accelerator, redlining the engine. Powers at this point unslung his rifle, dropping his sidearm to the pilot.

"If anything gets close, shoot it!" he yelled over the wind whipping past them. Worth balanced his bipod on the middle beam of the cabin, holding it down with one hand. As more of his shots rang out, less of the Covenant's did.

"Just what I always wanted" was the pilot's retort as she moved into a better firing position. In Worth's scope he saw that the Covenant had ceased their chase, unable to keep up on foot. Turning his head, Worth saw one Ghost scout unit trying to keep pace further back. A single shot ripped through it's 'wing' and his the booster, destroying the vehicle completely.

"I hate tailgaters" Worth muttered.

"What was that Ell-Cee?" Powers yelled back.

--I said, ETA to the FOB?--

--Mike and a half at this rate. The AA net was really close, that's why we had to punch a hole in it--Powers responded, easing off the gas a bit.

--Roger that. We'll get the wounded to the field hospital and secure ground....-- was all Worth said, trailing of as he saw the FOB. It was under attack, plasma fire ripping through it occasionally. It wasn't a bad attack, but Worth knew this was just the beginning of a major offensive.

--Man, shite's going down fast. We need to get moving quick, Ell-Cee--Powers warned.

--Roger that Ripcord. We'll grab what we can and head out before the storm hits, over--

Adeptus_Astartes

• Private Recruit
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
"Ripcord, we're clear. Slow down and give the Spartans a ride. "

Powers complied, and moments later Kilo team was on board, the warthog sagged under their weight.

"Status?" Richard asked as the 'hog began to growl forward.

Callahan turned to the Spartan "FOB Whiskey looks like its taking a beating.  We need to secure additional transport, and bug out to secure our objective. FOB Whiskey is going to have to hold of the covenant assault on their own."

"What about our wounded?" Another Spartan, Marcus, asked.

"Whiskey's field hospitals will be at their limit. We dont have time to drop her off and if we did she wouldn't be any better off." He turned to the pilot. "You up for a little fun ma'am?"

"If it means a shot at some of these bloody bastards, you can count me in."

Callahan grinned behind his visor and looked up at the base.

--FOB Whiskey. Predator 1-3. Kilo team. Do you read?--

--Holy sh it you guys are still alive. Are you en route to assist?--

--Negative, we have priority 1 objective, direct from ONI. Can you provide transport?--

--We have a couple of spare Hogs, you boys can take one of them, other then that we need everything we have, the covies are hitting us hard.--

The Hog pulled into the FOB and two battered marines closed the gate behind it.  The far side of the base was loud, automatic weapon fire, explosions and plasma bolts created a booming cacophony. A marine pulled up in a M12 LRV. His hair was past regulation, he had a two day beard, and his eyes were sunken from sleep depravation. The marines of FOB Whiskey had been through hell, and to see a full team of Spartan-IIIs show up, just to take one of their vehicles and leave angered the majority of them. He glared at the men and women of Kilo team and their Hellfighter support.

"Heres your fuckin' car. Dont let the door hit your a ss on the way out" he growled. He jumped out of the vehicle and threw a helmet on.

"We do out job right, and these guy's will be off your as ses most Rikki-Tick. If not, we all get to take a dirt nap together," Worth told him. "And let me tell you, Hellfighters don't sleep" Worth's words didn't seem to have much of a noticeable effect, but he knew better. That Marine was going to be waiting for them to take the pressure off, and that gave him hope. And when he told his buddies, so would they.

As the Hellfighters unloaded and got into the LRV He headed back towards the other side of the FOB, and disappeared into the commotion of the base. Callahan manned the gun on the back of the LRV, and helped Warrant Officer Vener climb into the back as well. Worth handed her his SMG while reclaiming his sidearm and climbed into the passenger seat.

"Anyone gets close, that will be more useful" Worth said. The pilot nodded. Powers, the medic among the two, quickly re-wrapped the wound with some bio-foam soaked bandages. The relief was obvious on the pilot's face as the wound numbed.

"That ought to make things a bit cozier ma'am. Ell-Cee, man, I gotta thank you for taking the clean 'hog. Don't like sittin' in no kid's blood" Powers said, taking the wheel.

Callahan handed Worth his assault rifle. Worth stuck it next to him in the seat and replaced his bipod on the top of the windshield.

Callahan looked at Worth and nodded. Worth glared at him under his visor, but didn't say anything.

"Spartans, get the Warthog and let's move out. You take point, we'll cover your six. Any contacts you can't take out yourselves, make sure to tell us. We'll sweep it with the big gun. You know the Objective Zone, move fast, not reckless" Worth said. Powers waved a helmeted Marine over and had a few gentle words. The Marine disappeared into a building and came back out, handing Powers a helmet. Powers then handed it to the pilot. It was a full-visor ODST-style helmet, the standard variant, unlike Worth and Powers' modified versions.

"We were originally going to run ops out of this area, and so we had a few replacement parts and shite shipped down. When everything went to hell, these guys grabbed the extra gear. The 'elmet ought to seal up your suit, especially since I fixed that breech on your leg. It's tapped into our comms, too" Powers explained. The woman took a deep breath, obviously not used to the small world of wearing a full helmet, and pulled it on.

--Thanks-- she said, testing the com. Powers made an 'Okay' sign with his fingers and tapped his chest with it.

--Lock and load. Keep your heads on a swivel, call out your targets. Let's get to work-- Worth told his team.
Fall down.....go boom

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
Richard watched as Duke and Marcus ran towards the lumbering Wraith and sighted on the pair of Jackels firing on the Warthog. He killed the first one, the enemy responsible for the drivers death and then killed the second. He covered Duke, who covered Marcus as the blue gold spartan ran at the tank. Richard spotted a red blip on his motion tracker, right behind him.

At his 6-o-clock materialized an Elite as he decloaked from active camo. It threw its arms around Richard and squeezed. The Spartan immediately dropped his DMR in the mud, brought both knees to his chest and then mule kicked the alien behind him. The Elite's shield popped with a high pitched ZZZZZZZAAAP! and his chest and abdomen armor plates buckled. It stammered back. Rich spun and brought up both SMGs then squeezed the triggers and hosed the enemy with 9MM bullets. The Elite fell back gurgling its own blood as its face was turned to a pulpy mass. Richard, angry at both himself, and the Elite for getting the drop on him unloaded both magazines. He sighed and reloaded, retrieved his DMR and met up with Duke and Marcus, both jogging away from the smoking wreckage of the tank. Breaking in to a run the trio ran after the hog. It was then that Richard began hearing the frenzied calls of officers and troops from the FOB. He activated his enhanced optics package in his helmet and saw the base under heavy Covenant assault.

After they jumped abrade the warthog and made it into the base. Richard made a quick glance around. He wished, as much as he knew the others of Kilo and the Hellfighters that they could stay and help, but the mission came first. Then they would be back. If there was something to to come back to. He climbed into the drivers seat of the passenger Warthog after Powers vacated the seat. The rest of Kilo shift to obtain better firing positions.

After Worth gave the go, Richard hit the gas and sped out of the base, heading for the city. The last known position of the VIPs was on the western docks. Since the FOB was on the east side they would have to go through the hell of the city to get there.

"Look sharp Spartans. Call out anything you miss to the ODSTs."

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Rusty gently lifted the dead driver's body out of the Warthog, and laid him down at the aid station. He closed the vacant eyes and placed the hands on the chest. Then, without a single moment of mourning or sadness, he sprinted back to the Warthog and jumped into the back.

His shooting had been so precise, Rusty had not even expended a full magazine of his BR ammo yet. So he took it off his back once again and banged on the side of the car.

"Ready to roll."

Find an excuse to win.

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
FIXED

Marcus waited for Rusty to make his way back to the Warthog.  He sat in the back seat along with Duke.   He reached out his hand and help Rusty onto the back of the passenger hog.   He watched as Rusty hit the side of the hot and called to Richard in the drivers seat.   "Ready to roll."

They felt the hog lurch forward as Richard hit the gas.  The ODST's in the other hog quickly made their way up behind them and to the right.

Marcus then looked over at Duke to see a rocket launcher sitting across his lap. He nodded his head in approval.    Duke patted the launcher with a gentle caress, he cradled it like it was his new found baby and nodded slowly back.   Marcus laughed at his comical action.

OOC: EDIT: I kept imagining this track playing as we drive off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjwgomvOzE&feature=relmfu

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:48:04 AM by Mereel Skirata »
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."