Author Topic: Splinter Cell: Blacklist  (Read 8107 times)

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
The next installment in the Splinter Cell series was debuted this morning at the E3 Expo.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-splinter-cell/730933

My excitement level? VERY HIGH :D

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
Was not expecting that announcement. Thought it was Black Ops 2 till he starting marking people.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
Was not expecting that announcement. Thought it was Black Ops 2 till he starting marking people.

Yeah, I was completely surprised by this one. They've kept it hidden very well.

I'm disappointed that they have someone else doing the voice for Fisher, it just won't be the same without the voice I've been playing with for 5 games...

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »
Is that confirmed? Because the voice in the demo might just be a rush job, and Ironside might just be unavailable for the E3 schedule.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 05:31:30 PM »
Good point, that is possible. I sure hope that is the case.

Find an excuse to win.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:40:44 AM »
Thats what im thinking. They just may have not been able to get Micheal Ironside, Sam's voice in all the previous games, in in time to  do VO. As a sound guy i know it can be pretty difficult to get a voice actor in the studio, especially if its been kept a secret. Schedule snafus and the like. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
I'm happy that we have the original feel of the games back, less of the lone wolf stuff and more propersplinter cell jobs...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
I love the execute on the move.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:10 PM »
Yeah, he doesn't slow down much these days, does he?
It's Indiana Vlet!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKdLGtXelzk&feature=relmfu

Well...you guys had my hopes up for a little while, anyway :P

Ironside is no longer the voice of Sam Fisher.

And while I am capable of overlooking the fact that Sam is supposed to be about 50 years old at this point, I saw a comment on this video that I think would have been a better idea. Have Sam as the leader of 4th Echelon, with Ironside as voice, and a new character to play as that is constantly coached and instructed by Fisher.

Oh well. It should be fun anyways.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:09 PM »
I would much rather play a new guy, who is young, fast, and aggressive, like Fisher used to be, with Fisher being the new Lambert. It makes more sense than completely changing the character's voice, and putting a fifty-year-old man in the field, while still being the Director of Fourth Echelon. It would also open up a avenue for a level where NPC Fisher gets to kick some shebs and show the new guy how he did it old-school.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
Yeah, that would make much more sense... besides, after all he's been through, Sam'll be hitting the painkillers pretty hard to be able to run around like that at his age...
It's Indiana Vlet!

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »
Yeah, that would make much more sense... besides, after all he's been through, Sam'll be hitting the painkillers pretty hard to be able to run around like that at his age...
I would much rather play a new guy, who is young, fast, and aggressive, like Fisher used to be, with Fisher being the new Lambert. It makes more sense than completely changing the character's voice, and putting a fifty-year-old man in the field, while still being the Director of Fourth Echelon. It would also open up a avenue for a level where NPC Fisher gets to kick some shebs and show the new guy how he did it old-school.

My point exactly.

Find an excuse to win.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »
That and even in the gameplay and trailer its like Fisher magically reverse aged. no greying hair or old man look that he had in Conviction. honestly when i do play it im going to think of it as same in his early days.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 02:28:46 AM »
So i replayed Conviction's story and im confused at the plot holes. At the very end Grim lets him walk away without any repercussions as payment for helping stop Reed. So why is he helping in Blacklist? Will this so called Mygeeto play a roll in the Blacklist?

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 02:33:44 AM »
Also, was Victor not actually being held by the Government? Because in the final cinematic, it is implied that Sam is breaking into the facility to free him. Which wouldn't fit with the whole 'Fourth Echelon' storyline.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »
No, Victor was being held by the Blackarrow PMC. Fisher was breaking him out from there. As for Fisher heading up Fourth Echelon, the guy will need a job. Fisher can't stick to Sarah's side, she's going to eventually need to live her own life. After that, well, Fisher only knows how to do one thing, so it's no wonder he gets the job.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
No, Victor was being held by the Blackarrow PMC. Fisher was breaking him out from there. As for Fisher heading up Fourth Echelon, the guy will need a job. Fisher can't stick to Sarah's side, she's going to eventually need to live her own life. After that, well, Fisher only knows how to do one thing, so it's no wonder he gets the job.

Oh ok, I see now. And I didn't have a problem with him heading up Fourth Echelon, totally made sense to me.

Find an excuse to win.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 11:39:58 PM »
The latter part was for Dha'ward.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
Ghost playthrough so stealth is an option unlike conviction sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpUzS8bJgw&feature=youtu.be
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)