Author Topic: What would you want to see?  (Read 4076 times)

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
What would you want to see?
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »
If say Lucasarts came to you and asked what you would want to see in RC2 or Imperial Commando?

Me i would want to see smarter AI, thats a given. Don't get me wrong RC's AI was smart as hell compared to Halo or anyone game out there at the time.

Them to include a little more personal story line. Of course the rescue of Sev would be a pivotal plot point. Mentions of Omega would be nice as in dialog. Scorch making comments about Darman, Fi, Atin and Niner.

more weapons.

Perhapes a vehicle section? AT-TE or gunship driving?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
Re: What would you want to see?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »
Based on what commandos actually do, if there's vehicles I'd imagine it to be more along the lines of acomandeered tank or something...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
I'd like to see some cutscenes. 

I would also love to have the voices be the same (if we are going to have delta again)
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:37 PM »
Perhapes a vehicle section? AT-TE or gunship driving?
Only vehicle sections I'd like to see is you as gunner, or maybe storming an enemy position alongside a load of Troopers with AT-TE support.  I think a vehicle driving section would spoil a game like RepCom.

Me i would want to see smarter AI, thats a given. Don't get me wrong RC's AI was smart as hell compared to Halo or anyone game out there at the time.
AI was definitely great for its time, and arguably still is.  Sure they could always improve on it but honestly I don't think the squad would need much improvement.

Storywise I'd personally like to see a new squad and follow them through more of the war.  If it was ImpCom then yeah closure on Sev should be a priority, but for me a new game set in the CW would be preferable.

I'd like to see some cutscenes. 
No.  Going through the entire game first person really set it apart for me and adding in cutscenes where you see your character externally would ruin that, as well as break the immersion.  Unlike games such as Halo which feature faceless characters but show them acting without your control in cutscenes, in RepCom I really did feel like I was Boss as I saw everything from his viewpoint.

One thing I'd definitely like to see is more gadgets, like a cable attachment perhaps for the DC-17m.  I'd also love to be able to take part in squad orders like door breaches (beyond placing a charge and leading the squad in without the proper animation).  I'd also love to see a mission or two where you link up squads of troopers and make a big push for a major objective, show that the RCs didn't just operate on their own but occasionally helped out their "more common brethren".

Oh, and 4-player co-op is a MUST.  Preferably it should be full campaign co-op, but a separate mode (like GRAW, CoD: MW2, Battlefield 3, etc) would still be welcome.  I guess a new multiplayer system would be nice too, but given how it was quite outdated (at least in how respawns worked) even when it came out then I'd presume it'd automatically be a priority.

Other then that, just more of the same please.  The whole squad command system, character writing and level design were pretty much spot-on and so I personally don't see any need to change them, other then minor modifications to accommodate additional features.

In fact, thinking about it, I wouldn't be disappointed if LA announced a RepCom HD remake at some point.  The SP portion of the game holds up incredibly well IMO and with the possible addition of co-op (most likely in a separate mode as the SP campaign doesn't fit well with a co-op system in places) it would be a must-buy for me.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »
I agree with Flyboy about the no cutscenes and the whole immersion thing.

I dunno Flyboy i think the occasional vehicle section + the gunner positions would be interesting. Say the gunship pilot was killed or you need to get out of a bad situation and find an empty one sitting there would be cool. Or maybe like in ME3 with the riding the shuttle in and firing out the door with your small arms then the second it hits ground your out the door. simple little mechanic but it made it feel just that much more awesome. It also showed how big the battle really was on that moon.

GOODYSMOODY

• Sergeant
  • Sev's biggest competition.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »
I would like to see a survival or free roaming section, like Far Cry 2 or Halo forge mode. You just chose a map and have a look around. AI's would be in, with your choice of who you are and what 3 squad mates you take out of omega and delta squads. Also more weapons, like the DC-15 clone blaster, and the droid blasters as well.
Also 2 stories, one for more in depth delta squad missions and another for omega squad.
Also would have multiplayer with AI's added too.
The first person story scenes were crucial here. You were part of that story, you were the character, not watching it.
'That'll make 'em think twice...maybe even three times,' Scorch after blowing up trandos with a turret.