Author Topic: Galactic Marines  (Read 9264 times)

Galactic Marine4

• Private
Galactic Marines
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:25:06 PM »
A short story about the Galactic Marines.

Galactic Marines, First In, Last Out, OORRAHH!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Galactic Marines
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
Very short I see.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Galactic Marine4

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
Sorry, I accidentaly hit enter before I finished and I'm now making another one.

Galactic Marine4

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:17:01 AM »
    CT-43/341 checked his DC-15a rifle and made sure the magazine was in properly, he was flying 135 feet above Geonosis in an laat/i.
    "Alright Marines, you guys ready to roll!" He yelled over the engine.
    "Yes, sergeant!" They replied as one.
    "Five minutes!" The pilot roared over their comlinks.
    "Alright, let's go through the plan one more time. Our objective is this weapons depot." He put up a holochart of the Separtist facility. "Our squad is to take this high ground here," he pointed at a rocky hill about two hundred and fifty meters away from the facility. "Once there we will provide overwatch for the company, once the objective is complete we will cover the companies retreat. Any questions?" There were none, this was the fifth time he'd gone over the plan. "Alright then, Galactic Marines!!"
    "First in, last out oorahh!!" tey houted. Ths was tradition for all of the Galactic Marines before going in on a mission of for just plain motivation.
    "Two minutes!"
    "Alright Marines, this is our first real mission, let's look sharp."
    It was only a couple seconds after that when he heard the dreaded sound of anti-aircraft artillery. BOOM,BOOM,BOOOMM!! the last one shook the gunship and made Jiff flinch.
    The gunship was deathly silent as the booms became louder and more frequent.
    "Thirty seconds," the pilot shouted.
    The gunship shuddered as the pilot decelerated the gunship; they hit the deck and the hatch opened.
    "Go, go, go!" Sergeant Jiff shouted above the roar of the gunships engine. The hill was to the right of the Galactic Marines, and Jiff could see a heavy repeating blaster team on that hill firing down on them.
    "Spread out and flank 'em," Jiff said. He ran up to a rock and took cover as a stream of red bolts came at him. "Gedd, take your fireteam to the left, Jinx, be a decoy in the middle and Wes, well your with me on the right, got it?"
    "Got it sarge," they said at once.
    "Let's go then." Jiff stood up and poured blaster fire at the rocks until Wes' team got there. "Wes, Thoyy, and Fox lay down suppresive fire while me and Fi bound up to the next rock," they nodded. "Alright, go."
    When Jiff started running it turned into slow motion for him, he could see the droids' blaster bolts as they streamed past his head. When he got to the rock he made sure Fi was with him and his training kicked in, he stood up and just pulled the trigger as fast as he could into the enemy position.
    As Wes' team got to the rock he tapped on Fi's shoulder and started running with Fi on his heels. He started firing as soon as he hit the rock. But he watched in horror as a bolt struck Fox in the leg. Fox's foward momentun was what saved his life, he was running so fast that he tumbled right behind a rock. Not the one Wes was at but at least he was behind cover.
    "Wes, put down covering fire I'm going to get Fox," Jiff said. He then sprinted to the rock that Fox was laying at. He was still trying to fire his rifle at the droids but to little affect. "Jinx, bring your men to the right flank and Gedd, kill 'um all."
    "Roger that sarge," they both said.
    Jiff tore off Fox's thigh plate and applied a bit of bacta to the wound, he also applied a painkiller.
    All of the sudden Jiff heard the sound of blasters hitting metal.
    "The hill is secured sergeant," Gedd said into the comlink.
    "Good work Marines, everyone on the hill," Jiff ordered. He helped Fox up and started towards the hill.
    "Sarge, the plan worked, the tinnies forgot about us and we came in right behind them, never saw us coming," Gedd beamed.
    "Good, I hoped they would forget, alright that was pretty good, eleven Marines combat ready and one wounded," Jiff paused, " alright, everyone in position," he ordered.
    "Copy that sarge," they all replied.
    Jiff then went over to Fox, "we'll put you in the rear, you watch our backs, got it?"
    "Got it sarge."
    Once he got Fox in position he went over to the rest of his Marines and approvingly saw they were spread out and ready on the hill. He took his spot in the middle and took out a pair of small binos from his belt. As he studied the structure he saw about a ten foot high wall that surrounded the square building. On each corner was a heavy blaster turret in a tower that soared about thirty feet in the air. There were also several spider, SBD, and B1 battle droids.
    "It,s going to be a piece of osik for the rest of the company," someone muttered.
    Jiff couldn't agreemore felt better that he was with the advance team and not the poor Marine who had to attack the base."Speaking of the company, I think it's time to call in the infantry."
    "Sarge, we are the infantry," one Marine said.
    "Well I guess we got the easy job then, lucky for us; now, back to bussines," he opened the channel to command and spoke,"command, this is cee-tee four three dash three four one, we have taken the high ground and have eyes on the weapons facility and am sending you alive  feed, how copy?"
    "Cee-tee four three dash three four one I have a solid copy and am sending your company out for their objective, just sit tight and keep a feed on that facility, command out."
    "Copy that command, cee-tee four three dash three four one out," Jiff closed his comlink and observed the base. "Company's coming in, remember we gotta watch their backs," the squad didn't anwser, good,that meant their heads are in the game, Jiff thought. We're ready.
    Not three minutes later Jiff could hear the sound of gunships coming his way and the horrible sound of AA in action.
    As he watched the Marines came within a hundred yards of the base and were assaulting in a textbook perfect attack. "Watch their flanks and rear," he said for the -umteenth time. He watched as a Marine fired a rocket launcher into one of the towers. It exploded in a ball of fire and smoke.
    "Sarge, I see some buggers on the right flank coming towards them," one Marine said.
    "Captain, this is overwatch and we see a force of about  thirty buggers on your right flank, sir," Jiff said.
    "Copy that, I see 'em, thanks overwatch."
    "Just doin' my job, sir," Jiff watched as the captain pointed them out and a Z-6 rotary blaster trooper started mowing the buggers down. He then saw a Marine run up to the wall a nd place some demolition charges on the wall. He then ran ba ck behind cover and detonated the device. There was a cloud of sfire and smoke as pieces of the wall flew apart and the Marines stormed into the hole. Some covered the outside while other went inside and no more than an hour later did everyone come out. Most were wounded or on a stretcher coming out of the facility. He saw that there were fewer men coming out than in, he also saw some bodies of Marines lying in the barren sand. A mournful thing to see a brother lying on the battlefield.
    The last man he saw come out of the facility was Captain Jez and a wounded Marine over his shoulder. Jiff then looked and saw the gunships coming in to pick up the Marines. Once the last gunship had taken off another one came and picked up Jiff's squad. For now Republic-1 Seps-0

I have more coming soon.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
Well done.  (Minor typos aside.)

Galactic Marine4

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
Thank you this was my first fanfiction.

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »
Howdy Marine! GM 0369 here. Drop by the Intro thread in the Off Topic Forum and introduce yourself.
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »
Hey everybody sorry it's been so long and I have a new account name because of some difficulties and I'll have some more galactic marine stories soon

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »
Sergeant Jiff, or more formally CT-43/341, lay in his rack aboard the RAS Unity trying to sleep. But his thoughts about his first real battle played over and over in his head. What he could have done better, what he did wrong and how well of a leader he was. He sensed that everyone else in his squad was thinking the same thing as he was. At 0210 he finally fell into a deep sleep thinking about blasting droids and making the textbook perfect attack on the hill.

Jiff woke up with a start to the klaxon blaring, "all hands, man your battle stations, prepare to repel boarders!"
"Everybody up! Get to the armory right now, don't worry about your armor, belts and rifles for right now gentlemen!" The squad was wearing their red fatigues and only had access to their belts, rucks, and armor; as all weapons and ammo were stored in the armory. On their belts they had a drop-leg holster for their pistols on the right and another drop-leg pouch on their left that could store 8 DC-15s mags or 4 DC-15a mags. They also had a small first aid kit, a survival kit, 2 mags for their pistols and a pouch for a ratio bar. This was the bare minimum for them to fight and survive.

The squad sprinted to their area's armory and immediately stocked up on weapons and ammo to defend the ship. As the last man in the squad grabbed his rifle the klaxon blared," all Galactic Marines aboard, you are to report to the main hanger bay in full kit to be given your commands."
"You gotta be kidding me," a Marine muttered.
"Alright Marines, you heard the order, back to our quarters to get in full kit, you have 5 minutes and then we are off to the hanger, everyone understand that?" Jiff ordered.
"Roger that sarge," they said in unison.
"Let's go then!"
They sprinted to their quarters and had all their armor and gear on in 3 minutes.
"Alright Marines, let's go!" Jiff shouted. 13 brown and black splotted Marines ran down the corridors with 70 pounds of gear either on them or on their backs. Once they got to the hanger Jiff ran up to his platoon commander who was second lieutenant Recker.
"Sir, second squad reporting as ordered sir."
"I need your squad on that gunship," he pointed to a gunship," your squad will go with first squad down to the planet," he said.
"Planet, sir?" Jiff asked.
"Oh that's right, you must not have gotten the word, we're invading a separatist held planet, you will get the details on the ride down, other than that your dismissed."
"Aye,aye, sir," Jiff replied crisply.
Wow, another planet to invade in a little over 24 hours, Jiff thought to himself.

dredwulf60

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »
LOL.

Awesome.

On-the-bus-off-the-bus.

Classic!

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
Thanks

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 04:08:41 AM »
The rumble of artillery strikes shook Sergeant Jiff out of his two hour slumber. He looked around at his fighting hole he and Ty dug last night. There was a small puddle in the middle, a couple packages of rations, an ammo can, and a vigilant Ty standing watch in the pre-morning hours.
"Ty wait here, I'm gonna make my rounds along the line."
"Roger that sarge," he responded.
With a grunt Jiff stood up and walked through the lines making sure the platoon was up and ready to move out. After he got his count he went to the platoon commander, "all  members of second platoon are accounted for and are ready to move out on your order sir."
"Very well Sergeant, have the men pack their gear for a hump and await further orders."
"Aye, aye, sir," he turned and walked towards the line to pass the word.
"Alright guys get your weapons clean and then get your gear ready for a hump, then get back in your fighting holes until further notice."
"Copy sarge," they responded.
Being the platoon sergeant definatley had its advantages over a squad leader. But sometimes he was in the suck just as bad as his guys were. He was walking back to his hole when he heard a Marine yell, "droids dead ahead, coming straight at us!" and with that came a hail of blue blaster fire going downrange. The Marines definately had an advantage with having the high ground occupied. Jiff ducked into his hole and peeked over the dirt berm. He saw about forty droids trying to take the hill. He then saw the droids coming up towards the point where explosives were buried.
"Jinx, blow the explosives, now!"
"Copy, everbody down, 3,2,1!" BOOOOOM, the xplosives shredded twenty droids to pieces.
"Pick the stragglers off, and second squad is cleanup, first is overwatch, and second squad get your stuff together," Jiff said.
"Copy sarge."
"And good job."

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
The hump sucked, the seventy pounds of gear felt like seven hundred pounds as the company sloshed their way through the muddy hills. But they were Galactic Marines, they welcomed the suck and pushed through it. They were on mile twelve when the CO called a five minute break on the rocky side of a hill. Jiff didn't even know what this planet was called and he didn't really care. All he knew is that after their drop-off it rained all the time and the droids always appeared out of no where it seemed. This was his tenth planet he had invaded in the first two months of the war. It seemed like the commanders couldn't get their stuff together because they always lost every battle. He stopped thinking about their losses and walked through his platoon's area.
"Hey sarge, you know where we're going?" A Marine asked.
"Wherever they tell us to go," Jiff responded.
The Marine just nodded.
"Time to move out," someone said on the comlink, and with that the company stood up and started walking towards their destination. After about a mile of walking, a sudden BOOOOM! And a hail of blaster fire struck the rear column. The company was walking through a sparsley vegetated field with hills about two hundred meters to the right and a river with heavy vegetation to their left. Ahead was a crater spotted area with a large hill five hundred meters ahead. The droids had ambuushed them along the river, starting off with fire from a tank. Jiff jumped into a large crater to his left and unclipped his pack.

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »
He then drew his DC-15s carbine and fired a burst into the trees. Then four other Marines jumped into the hole with him.
"Second platoon, get to the right flank, first platoon will cover you," the CO ordered.
"You heard him, second platoon to the flank, let's go!" The Lt said. With that the platoon rose and procceded to the right flank.
Jiff was the last one as he made sure everyone went. They went into the brush and got in the prone and listened. They  heard the firefight farther down the line and waited.
"First platoon cease fire, second platoon rush in!!"
"Go,go,go!!" Jiff ordered. With that second platoon rushed right into the droids flank. The first droid he saw wasn't even looking his way as he sprayed it down with blaster fire. He did that two more times before the droids noticed. Once they turned their fire on the second platoon third platoon rushed in straight ahead. He saw a Marine get hit but he kept pushing forward. Tend to the wounded afterward, his training said. The platoon tried moving forward but the enemy forcces were to many.
"Ell-tee we need to get out of here!" Jiff said. He could see them circling to the right along the opposite bank of the river. As soon a he looked back he was hit in the leg. He fell and grunted in pain, then an SBD walked up to him and put its heel in his face. Then it was blackness for Jiff.

dredwulf60

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »
These are good.  But maybe 'too good'.

What I mean by that, is that they feel very contemporary; like modern day US Marines; not Star Wars Clone marines.  Keep the flavour, but drop in a few subtle reminders here and there; like mention the white (and Maroon?) armor they are wearing;  when the SBD steps on his face, foes it crush his helmet's face plate?   Instead of having an ammo can in the fighting hole, refer to it as an empty box of blaster cells,.  In referring to the commanders getting it together, maybe refer to the Jedi commanders not being able to conjure up a victory...(or stuff like that.)

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »
I see what you mean thanks for the advice.

Galactic Marine

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »
So now I should probably alter one things after dredwulf60's advice, instead of having camo spotted armor, right now they would have the white armor but the belt setup will stay the same. So now there will be a few changes in terminology and the way I explain things.