Author Topic: We need a Revival!  (Read 7194 times)

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
We need a Revival!
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »
Sorry guys, I only've been here two days and this place feels dead. We need a Revive! Bacta! How would you propose we gather some fresh souls? I think getting more active'd be one, but...
Please stay until I'm gone
 I'm here hold on
 To me I'm right here waiting
 And take my one last breath,
 and don't forget
 That I will be right here waiting

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Re: We need a Revival!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
It would be more active if Lucasarts would get their shebs together and make Imperial Commando 2!

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
March on the studio. All the placards in Mando'a.
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
Well at the very least we have Commandos in the Clone Wars TV show, and while they've only made 2 appearances so far, it is a start.  Hopefully we can see more if Gregor's appearance does well in the current poll on the Clone Wars Facebook page for the best bits of Season 5.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/516148478424451/?qa_ref=qd

Who knows, perhaps one day a Delta Squad-centric episode of TCW, then soon after a new RC game!  One can only dream....
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:56:38 AM »
Life needs to stop being so busy.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:19:02 AM »
Life needs to stop being so busy.

This.

I think a lot of us have entered new stages of life since the hay day of this place, and as a result don't have as much time (or dare I say, interest? :0) for Commandos, SW, etc.

It doesn't help that our common ground, the characters and section of SW this site was founded on, has been stamped out.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
This.

I think a lot of us have entered new stages of life since the hay day of this place, and as a result don't have as much time (or dare I say, interest? :0) for Commandos, SW, etc.

It doesn't help that our common ground, the characters and section of SW this site was founded on, has been stamped out.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Having a forum based around 'dead' subject matter means that it's really become just a place for idle chat with friends they made from the heyday.   And ever since most made the leap to Facebook and/or Skype to keep in touch with the people they made friends with, there is less and less reason to come around and chat.

There's no cure for it...that's just the way it is.

Like when you go to play command and conquer online...and no one is there.   And you remember it's been near 20 years since that was a popular game.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Especially since the vast majority of us came along around 2008-2010. Let's not forget, most of the Vets here were around 13-16 when they first joined. Now, as 17-19 year olds, we've passed what seems to me to be a middle school geekery phase to become more balanced individuals less focused on youth-oriented sci-fi/fantasy and more focused on intricate character-driven dramas. Ok, Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, but still. We don't spend every living moment playing video games and trying to learn the Mando'a lexicon like we did when we were 8th graders. Hell, even the RPG Section has flatlined. Granted, I'm an example of a person who has largely abandoned the place (I haven't played a video game when I wasn't at a college residence in almost 3 years) due to interest change, but I think that eventually this place will flatline.  Which is a pity, because I've spent almost 47 days of my life logged in here.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »
Especially since the vast majority of us came along around 2008-2010. Let's not forget, most of the Vets here were around 13-16 when they first joined. Now, as 17-19 year olds,

True.

we've passed what seems to me to be a middle school geekery phase to become more balanced individuals less focused on youth-oriented sci-fi/fantasy and more focused on intricate character-driven dramas.

Speak for yourself.

Ok, Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, but still.

Only the latter.

We don't spend every living moment playing video games

How dare you doubt my gaming prowess, sir! I demand pistols at dawn! Though I may be a bit biased, as this is the market where I am going to be spending the rest of my life studying/working in.

and trying to learn the Mando'a lexicon like we did when we were 8th graders.
Never did that one.

Hell, even the RPG Section has flatlined. Granted, I'm an example of a person who has largely abandoned the place (I haven't played a video game when I wasn't at a college residence in almost 3 years) due to interest change, but I think that eventually this place will flatline.  Which is a pity, because I've spent almost 47 days of my life logged in here.

Not if I can help it.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
Got that right, Drake! Keep this place alive as long as possible! I know a KOTOR fan site (a 2003 game!) that still has (in)frequent posters. Surely this site can achieve the same.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Cassa_Mirdala'Kotep

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
awesome places like this will never be dead.
just give me a bit more time, new glasses and we'll kick off the dust covers good.
specially  in the rp and story threads, i've got months of notes just waiting to come out.  :-)

-hugs all-
:-)

"Ash" thanks to Mereel!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »
10/10 would read.
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!