Author Topic: Star Wars: First Assault  (Read 3627 times)

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
Star Wars: First Assault
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »
Ya'll should check this out: http://kotaku.com/5989910/leaked-star-wars-game-is-predecessor-to-battlefront-iii-source-says

Let's hope this sees the light of day. The big switch at Lucasfilm and the big focus on the new episodes has disrupted a lot of projects it looks like.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
Re: Star Wars: First Assault
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
Those shots from BF3 make me excited... I'd buy it, plenty would, and they're a huge company with the pull to make it happen, so why is it up in the air?
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
Because of the Disney deal.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »
because they said it is going to be for the next gen game consoles that haven't even been announced yet...
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »
That's not how it works, actually.

You can develop for the next gen consoles now with relativity low risk, because the new consoles will at the very least match up to current computer standards. So, the fact that the next generation of consoles has yet to be announced, which isn't entirely accurate because the PS4 has been announced, isn't an issue for them.

Also, "...as employees wait to see what executives at Disney and Lucas Film want to do with First Assault and other games the studio is working on", states pretty clearly the issue the developers are facing.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:28:54 PM »
Oh derp, when I first read this I thought it was for the postponing of 1313.

But now that I do know what game I am talking about.. get a look see at this. ;)

http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-footage-of-star-wars-newest-take-on-battlefield-and-call-of-duty

Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
What are those derpy guns the Stormies are using? Where is the E-11? The DLT-19? The SE-14r?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:25:10 PM by H-BOMB »

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Even at that level, I'd be relatively impressed. Why are they debating whether or not to do this? Are they really wondering if it would turn a profit?
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:26 PM »
Why are they debating whether or not to do this? Are they really wondering if it would turn a profit?

It's not so much will it turn a profit, but will it jive with the direction Disney plans to take with Star Wars. Also, you have to consider, the entire pecking order has been changed. Where the developers would go to somebody at Lucas to licence something, they now need to go through whatever process Disney set up.

If Disney finds that First Assault would not match with the image they are planning for SW, then they would scrap it to keep everything straight.

That being said, it is more than likely that First Assault is actually, at least thematically speaking, representative of the direction SW is going in. After all, JJ Abrams is directing, and if he does it at all like Star Trek, then we'll be in for a grittier treat.

If anything kills First Assault, it is going to be some business or legal issue arising from the sale, but even then it is doubtful. If anything, the developers are just not counting their chickens quite yet.