Author Topic: what happened today?  (Read 136752 times)

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
what happened today?
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
I need to work on posting less crap and more useful things.

yes.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »

Delta 42

• Captain
what happened today?
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
I talked to Laney today.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
How is the ol' Lanester?

Anyway, today I finally finished my last midterm! All donw with testing yay! Now i just have to take the DOL written test tomorrow and somehow gather enough data for my presentation in math by the 14th!

But I did have a sweet jam sesh with my bros this afternoon.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

CMD TAN

• Sergeant
what happened today?
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »
I BEAT THE REPUBLIC COMMANDO GAME!!!
When all you know is gone then you will truly have a reason to live." Rawandan genocide survivor

Delta 42

• Captain
what happened today?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
How is the ol' Lanester?
He's doing good.

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
what happened today?
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 12:30:40 AM »
Today, me and drake beat the syndicate mission on hard. Great game!

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
what happened today?
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
So today was a very busy day for me at the charity I now volunteer at.  We got 60 machines (both laptops and desktops) from a nearby school for data destruction, and today I was going through and getting all the desktops (31 of them) wiped which took 5 hours, required picking up and carrying machines across the workshop and gave me no more then 3 minutes to rest between each one.  The walk to and from work each day is always the worst though as its 20 minutes each way, and today the outside air temperature never exceeded freezing all day (I believe it was -7*C/19*F walking in and probably -5*C/23*F walking back).

This evening I've got my 4th night of diagnosing what is wrong with my netbook ahead of me (its got some weird issue where it'll just power off all of a sudden, and has been left for the best part of a year when it first started having the issue).  Over the past 3 nights I've managed to work out:

-Even though its a main cause of the problem, the onboard keyboard is not responsible for it.
-The power adapter is not responsible.
-How quickly it happens seems to depend on how charged the battery is.
-The netbook will turn on with just the battery, contrary to what I believed before.
-The company (which I believe is based in France) that Asus contract out to for repairs here are useless.  I found out after taking it apart that in the process of replacing the screen which was done under warranty over a year ago (the warranty has long since expired) only one of the screen's hinges were re-secured with screws, with the other free to move about.

So, at the moment its between the motherboard and the battery as to what is causing the issue.  I may try to get my dad to have a look to confirm there is no dodgy soldering on the motherboard, and I'm probably going to try to disconnect the battery tonight to confirm whether or not it is that (the battery is internal, so I have to take the netbook apart to get to it).
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
what happened today?
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
Been a busy few weeks for me. Been doing lots of paperwork and the like, and most of the rest of my time's been taken up by some nasty personal issues. That's (mostly) cleared up now, though, so I think I'll be grabbing a bit more time on here now...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

CMD TAN

• Sergeant
what happened today?
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
I learner what you all meant by Sev  dies :-(
When all you know is gone then you will truly have a reason to live." Rawandan genocide survivor

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
what happened today?
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
There's no body, so he's not dead...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

dredwulf60

what happened today?
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
The walk to and from work each day is always the worst though as its 20 minutes each way, and today the outside air temperature never exceeded freezing all day (I believe it was -7*C/19*F walking in and probably -5*C/23*F walking back).

I now lead the Canadians of the forum in a round of hearty laughter at your expense.   :D

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »
Finally finished driver's ed. Glad that's done.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »

I'm right behind you bro, I've got a few more hours to do before I get my permit :D

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
  • Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito
what happened today?
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »
I know, right. I was away for two days and when I came back nothing changed, nothng new. Mia, Shersoy, and a couple others haven't posted in a long while.
Sorry, I forgot that when I don't show up for a couple days, you guys forget how to function without me. ;P

If you're looking for a mind-boggling amount of rapid-fire discussions and updates, I can direct you to facebook. We discuss stuff here when it's relevant.
And I left Facebook for a reason, to much bloody drama..... ouy.....
We do have a Facebook group, y'know.  If you guys are interested, I can give you the link.  From time to time, we discuss some stuff on there.  The faster response times aren't necessarily a bad thing.  There's also group chat IM'ing, one feature it has that the forum doesn't.

Congrats!

So, I had one of the crappiest days on record.
I stepped on some kinda spider when I got out of bed, and I guess it bit me or something in its dying throes so now I've got a giant spider bite on the bottom of my foot. :(  I tripped over my trash can on the way out of my bedroom and almost bashed my head on the wall, saving myself at the expense of my wrist which now hurts from catching myself weird. :-(  Poured some cereal for breakfast, then found out that there was no milk. :dead:  I was going to drive to the store to get some more, but my goddamn car wouldn't start! >:D  When I finally got it started, it was time for work.  Apparently it was "Super Annoying Jackass Day" at my work, which is always a favorite. :/  Several hours of that later, I just wanted to go home.  There, I grabbed a movie to watch: the DVD refused to play.  Generally frustrated with everything now, I go online and end up browsing SW forums to see what kind of interesting Mando stuff TOR has, as I am still debate whether or not to get it.  I called that quits when every every turd on the internet decided to remind me how stupid Mandalorians are and insult me for liking them, Karen Traviss, or living. :grr:  Just what I needed.  And now I'm scared to play my new Wii that I just got because I'm sure, after all this great luck I've had today, it'll break. :ouch:  *sigh*
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RC-1499

• Lieutenant
  • Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj
what happened today?
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 01:43:47 AM »
U mad fembro?

Here is an online hug to make u feel better. 'HUGS' :cute: :cute:

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 01:55:02 AM »
Here is an online hug to make u feel better. 'HUGS' :cute: :cute:
Thanks, dude.  I appreciate it. :)
"To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

dredwulf60

what happened today?
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:11 AM »
Apparently it was "Super Annoying Jackass Day" at my work, which is always a favorite.

Apparently they celebrate that day in my county as well, based on my experience today.   I think it had something to do with the full moon.  :)

Mia Ge'tal'mesh

• Master Assassin
  • Commander
what happened today?
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »
Apparently they celebrate that day in my county as well, based on my experience today.   I think it had something to do with the full moon.  :)
And here I thought it was only werewolves and Saiyans that were effected by the full moon... lolz

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:57:43 AM by dredwulf60 »

dredwulf60

what happened today?
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:07 AM »
And here I thought it was only werewolves and Saiyans that were effected by the full moon... lolz

Oh no, my dear.  Where do think the term Lunatic comes from?