Author Topic: what happened today?  (Read 71506 times)

Dha'ward Krayt

• Major
  • IMMA CRAB!!!
Re: what happened today?
« Reply #820 on: February 02, 2016, 01:46:42 AM »
*blows dust off the forums* damn guys, been a while.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #821 on: February 07, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »
still here
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #822 on: February 07, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
I'm still here as well. I just wish there were more people to talk to.
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

privatehazzard

• Private
  • If you wanna play some multi email me.
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2016, 12:58:55 AM »
Lots of little annoyances and issues. Gearing up to get ready for what happens now that high school is over. Sadly I have no real desire for anything. I don't really have a passion for anything. I'm always tired and I don't know what to do with myself.

I keep coming back to this website, and to others like it because it connects me to my youth. I really miss the days when I lived in my old town, had friends, played with legos and such. Though, I'm not sure coming back here is helping sate my nostalgia. I keep discovering that people who used to be active have disappeared off the face of the earth. I hate the lack of closure...

Phone got crushed. Think it had some possibly illegal stuff on it (mp4 files of movies and such)
Hope I don't get thrown in jail.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:24:27 AM by privatehazzard »
I miss the full site =(

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #824 on: February 20, 2016, 11:28:18 AM »
Working on resetting life after the military. Got accepted into the UCCS mech engineering program, so I'm happy about that.

Balyc, rangir ti USCIS
It's Indiana Vlet!

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #825 on: February 21, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »
Graduating with my mechanical and electrical engineering degrees in a few months, so excited to be done.  I know a lot of people have trouble finding jobs in their degree fields and that no one is hiring.  Not the case with engineering.  You will be in good standing once you graduate, Vlet.   

Literally I can pick a major city or town anywhere in the US and can find 10-15 jobs to apply to withing minutes.  So many people are retiring in engineering fields so internship to entry level positions are in high demand

Private, things will always get better eventually. I was in the same place before I joined this forum. And while I had many good years here meeting and talking with awesome people it still wasn't quite enough to get me out of my depression stage.  I didn't give up though, I found joy in whatever I could and planned my future as best I could.

Things are finally starting to look up.  I got myself a girlfriend who I love very much, I'm graduating soon and I got a job that is willing to hire me.  It took 6 years but it was worth it.
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #826 on: March 02, 2016, 12:53:25 AM »
*Coughs through forum dust*

Yeah I try to pop in here every one in a while too. Occasionally there's weird issues where I can't log in or can't post but sometimes it works.

Anyway, today is March 1st! Spring is coming! New beginnings! (Although I say that at the beginning of every week pretty much). Still in the middle of university, looking at another year or two before I graduate and have to figure out what to do with myself!

It's so great to see everybody here moving onwards and upwards. This was the first online community I ever really joined, and you've all been great friends!

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
I'm still here to talk if you guys want. I drop in here everyday to see if anyone has posted anything new, it's just that I don't really see any new posts, and I've been getting some errors while posting.
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #828 on: March 12, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
I still pop in to check every once in a while and reminisce, but University's been keeping me pretty busy lately. Always miss the RPs and the old community we had, this was a great group back in the day and I miss it like hell.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

privatehazzard

• Private
« Reply #829 on: April 15, 2016, 12:27:24 AM »
*Coughs through forum dust*

It's so great to see everybody here moving onwards and upwards. This was the first online community I ever really joined, and you've all been great friends!

Even though posting is sporadic at best, I can't help but feel good that I contriubted to a small revival. Good times may come.

Private, things will always get better eventually. I was in the same place before I joined this forum. And while I had many good years here meeting and talking with awesome people it still wasn't quite enough to get me out of my depression stage.  I didn't give up though, I found joy in whatever I could and planned my future as best I could.

Optimism can't hurt I guess. I'm sad though, the thing I always wanted to do the most, join the armed forces like my dad, his dad, an his dad before him had done, but my continual string of new medical defects doctors are discovering in my body aren't helping that desire. Oh well. I'll figure something out.
I miss the full site =(

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #830 on: April 15, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »
Put in the immigration packet for my fiancee, got a great scholarship on top of the GI bill, and so on and so forth. Things have been good.
It's Indiana Vlet!

privatehazzard

• Private
« Reply #831 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »
don't make me too jealous.

Any words on reinvigorating the forum?

we could make a steam group or something
I miss the full site =(

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #832 on: May 03, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »
Dunno. I'm pretty much always on skype, if someone wants to make a thing there, but I've not been active on steam in a while. Potato computer isn't too good at games right now.

Signed up for the summer classes...
It's Indiana Vlet!

privatehazzard

• Private
« Reply #833 on: May 06, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
watchu taking?
I miss the full site =(

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #834 on: May 11, 2016, 05:53:43 PM »
Put in the immigration packet for my fiancee, got a great scholarship on top of the GI bill, and so on and so forth. Things have been good.

WOAH, you're engaged?! How did I miss that? Congratulations!

I still pop in to check every once in a while and reminisce, but University's been keeping me pretty busy lately. Always miss the RPs and the old community we had, this was a great group back in the day and I miss it like hell.

Good to hear from you Nold, it's been too long vod. And I agree.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #835 on: May 14, 2016, 11:49:01 PM »
You missed it because we've been really quiet about it. Not your fault, even my sisters were out of the loop for a while.

I'm doing mech engineering with a hope of prosthetics in the future.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #836 on: August 23, 2016, 11:20:42 PM »
Aight, finally moved into my own apartment and got the wifi set up. Just two weeks and a day until my fiance flies in...

oh, and veteran's transition class in college is great.
It's Indiana Vlet!

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #837 on: September 01, 2016, 03:03:19 PM »
As of this morning, my fiance officially has completed the immigration process and received her visa!
It's Indiana Vlet!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #838 on: September 03, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »
Where is your fiance from?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #839 on: September 03, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
Belarus
It's Indiana Vlet!