Author Topic: For those aspiring to join the military  (Read 41223 times)

Galactic Marine4

• Private
For those aspiring to join the military
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:13 PM »
Alright
Galactic Marines, First In, Last Out, OORRAHH!

Galactic Marine4

• Private
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
The requirements are: Lance corporal to captain, an infantry MOS or MOS 0203, correctable 20/20 vision, first class PFT, current rifle expert and some other stuff but I get the point that it is extremely hard. Do you have anything else to say about scout snipers?

U
Galactic Marines, First In, Last Out, OORRAHH!

Carnivore 1

• Warfighter
  • I fight your wars.
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Vod'ika, I got plenty to say.

First let me start by saying that I AM NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN a member of that community. I have been a Grunt my entire time in the Marine Corps. However I am fortunate enough to be friends with some of the greatest snipers the Marine Corps can produce. That's why I know more than you average Marine on HOW and WHAT a sniper REALLY does. What would you like to know??? Some stuff I will tell you, other things I'll make you go find.

NOW TO MY BROTHER DRED.

I chose the Marine Corps because 2 of my best friends wanted to do it and I thought it would be cool to go into it with them. Originally we talked to the Army about doing the Ranger option and going to Ranger school. One of my more impressionable friends saw some Marine info and was hooked. One of us was medically disqualified so it was down to two. My other buddy and I went in and graduated and went on to do lots of cool things. He got a few years ago and I'm still here.

Anything else?
The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in
defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more
important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Drake and I agreed on something. Somebody get the camera out to capture the moment.

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »

NOW TO MY BROTHER DRED.

I chose the Marine Corps because 2 of my best friends wanted to do it and I thought it would be cool to go into it with them. Originally we talked to the Army about doing the Ranger option and going to Ranger school. One of my more impressionable friends saw some Marine info and was hooked. One of us was medically disqualified so it was down to two. My other buddy and I went in and graduated and went on to do lots of cool things. He got a few years ago and I'm still here.

Anything else?

Interesting to see how career paths start.  Other relatives served/serving that influenced you?

As a kid I was wanting to join the Navy because I had an older cousin who had gone that route.  I wanted to serve on a submarine, mainly due to Hollywood movies set in WWII such as 'Run Silent Run Deep'.  My cousin, on leave, informed me that Canada's submarines were osik.  Both of them. So I sobered up a bit and started paying a bit more attention to what Canada's military was actually like.  (prior to this I had a vague notion that Canada and the US militaries were one and the same.  Came from a steady diet of American TV and cinema...did I mention I was quite young?).

Had another elder cousin joined the Army.  Became and artilleryman.  I'd see him fairly often and remember talking to him when he was back on leave between his basic training and trade training.  Of course he was FULL of esprit de corps and the full attitude they fill you with at that stage of the career, so I too was quite impressionable.  I'd have been about 12 or so then, and decided Army was the route for me.

A few years later, in my teens, it really started to sink in about how many of my family were serving or had served, and including my Grandfather(s), who  I had always known were veterans of WWII...but as a kid you just don't realize what that means.  As I got older I really started to absorb what they had done, and felt the strength of family honour.

I ended up in my Grandfather's Regiment, an Infantry Rifle Regiment, which was a reserve unit traditionally, and had been activated to full strength during war time.  When I enlisted in the early 90s it had been amalgamated to form a regular force battalion, and that's where I began with the SSF, until it was broken up and reduced to 0 strength after the Canadian Airborne were disbanded.

I stayed on as an instructor at the Battleschool, until I was pushed into an administrative position, (Quartermaster; requisite for the next stage of promotion) and started looking for an alternate career...

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
Hello Law & Order: Canadian Highway System!

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
After a mess of bad, scattered and impromptu communication, I FINALLY have my application sent off. Next up, CFAT when I get a call from the Reg't.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Alright sayin my goodbyes on the site for awhile Im headin out Monday hope ya'll take care of yourselves and don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone.
If you want my address....I'll work on that if your fb friends you will most likely get it...have a good un ya'll!
BUY GUNS A **** LOAD OF GUNS!

"All Mercs know the jambo!" (Chris Tanto)

dredwulf60

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »
Alright sayin my goodbyes on the site for awhile Im headin out Monday hope ya'll take care of yourselves and don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone.
If you want my address....I'll work on that if your fb friends you will most likely get it...have a good un ya'll!

Good luck!  I know you'll work hard.

Keep your eye on the prize.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
Good luck bro!! If you're going to MCRD San Diego, maybe I'll come see your graduation :P

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 03:06:03 PM »
Good luck bro!! If you're going to MCRD San Diego, maybe I'll come see your graduation :P
Ya im goin to MCRD San Diego

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Passed my CFAT (Canadian Forces Aptutite Test, the equivalent of the ASVAB) with flying colours today, qualified for numerous Officer positions to the point where the Captain who conducted my interview suggested that I apply for ROTP this month. I also aced my interview to boot! After a good talk with a unit officer, I got a good bit of info on numerous trades and found out that my preformance and D&D had throughly impressed the recruiting officers.

Have a few things to do before my medical is cleared but I should be good to go with a note, PT test is a piece of cake which I'll do with ease whenever my medical goes through, and then enroll! All in all great day!

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
Good luck Oronk, and congratulations Nold!
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

dredwulf60

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
my preformance and D&D had throughly impressed the recruiting officers.

Roleplaying is very big in the Department of national Defence.  Just beware the trolls and keep your sword sharp.

It is THE DnD after all.

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
Roleplaying is very big in the Department of national Defence.  Just beware the trolls and keep your sword sharp.

It is THE DnD after all.

:D

CT-1199 Oronk

• The Dude
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 09:50:26 PM »
Back y'all will post more later :)

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
Got a letter from the RMO stating I don't meet the medical requirements for the Universality of Service. So, Civvie Street for yours truly! Best of luck for everyone who'se thinking of joining, and to everyone in or retired from their nation's forces, thank you for your service.

-Ron James

dredwulf60

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
Got a letter from the RMO stating I don't meet the medical requirements for the Universality of Service. So, Civvie Street for yours truly! Best of luck for everyone who'se thinking of joining, and to everyone in or retired from their nation's forces, thank you for your service.

What a kick in the shebs!   

YourCompanionCube

• Private
  • Sullen
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
I hope to enlist in the marines, or get a ROTC scholarship, I've heard that's easier. I just want to serve and get my degree.

My only concern is that I have food allergies and i've been told this may make disqualify me.
Please stay until I'm gone
 I'm here hold on
 To me I'm right here waiting
 And take my one last breath,
 and don't forget
 That I will be right here waiting

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »
ROTC, as in Marine officer? Not easier... I've talked with a few, most of them mustangs, and they all agree officers have it way harder. Of course, that's not a bad thing...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »
Depends, what are you allergic to?

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?