Author Topic: Disney shuts down LucasArts  (Read 5047 times)

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
Disney shuts down LucasArts
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
Not sure if this has already been posted, but I thought I should let you guys know anyway. If this is in the wrong section, could the mods please move it?

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

Thoughts?

Ever since Disney bought Star Wars, I knew it would start heading in a bad direction. I have a feeling Lucas only sold the rights to it to troll all of the fans. I have a bad feeling about this. Star Wars has been ruined for me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:58:08 PM by Commander Dimal »
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
Don't worry, LucasArts merely will not be creating games anymore. They will still license games made by other companies–a good thing, because Republic Commando and Battlefront 2, to name just a few awesome games, were only licensed by LA, not made by them. Let other companies handle the creation, IMO, and just put the fancy LA logo on the game.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:05 PM »
Ever since Disney bought Star Wars, I knew it would start heading in a bad direction. I have a feeling Lucas only sold the rights to it to troll all of the fans. I have a bad feeling about this. Star Wars has been ruined for me.

1. So, you mean the fact that we are getting new movies, and now have people in charge of Star Wars who have an interest in creating quality content, Disney is leading Star Wars toward ruin?

2. Lucas sold the rights for money, plain and simple. He doesn't care about pleasing or not pleasing his fans, he just wants to be wealthy.

3. If the fact that Disney is making a smart business decision in eliminating a parody of a studio is ruining Star Wars for you, then I can only wonder what "not ruining" would mean to you.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:16:18 AM »
LucasArts was heading down the drain anyways, maybe the purge will lead to greater things in the future!!!

Star Wars desperately needed a second wind, the franchise was growing stale.

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Alu Darce89

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »
LucasArts was heading down the drain anyways, maybe the purge will lead to greater things in the future!!!

Star Wars desperately needed a second wind, the franchise was growing stale.

True, Let's see what they do from here.

this pic belongs to http://www.swagonline.net/node/3940
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert E.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
http://kotaku.com/the-last-months-of-lucasarts-472038151

Sadder news: LucasArts was working on Battlefront III. Footage in the link. : (

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips