Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront (2013)  (Read 5151 times)

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
Star Wars: Battlefront (2013)
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »
There IS a God!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmo-YYoHnGs&feature=youtu.be

I'm so excited I'm going to puke!

BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips&BaconStrips

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2013)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:01:49 AM »
YES
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

tee18

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »
This looks epic.  I just got back into BF2, this time with my younger brother.  This one looks amazing.  Was this planned before or after the disney deal, because if it was after, I have high hopes for the future.
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:56:59 PM »
I shall be eagerly awaiting any news of this, specifically whether or not we'll see anything new at CEII.

Was this planned before or after the disney deal, because if it was after, I have high hopes for the future.
Given how this was just a short pre-rendered teaser trailer I'd say after the Disney deal, and after the EA deal as well.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
I imagine there's always been talk of doing a BF3 around LA, but once Disney gave EA the contract, I'll bet it was the first thing out of the Team Heads at DICE.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Delta 42

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:55:56 PM »
Awesome! Battlefront 1 and 2 are some of my favorite Star Wars games. I hope DICE does a good job with BF3.  ;D

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »
Yea, were're going to shorten that to SW:BF3, sine BF3 is already a game.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?

Mereel Skirata

• Mod Staff
  • Senior Clone Commander
  • For Mandalore!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
Actually, I think they are just calling it Star Wars: BattleFront.   So we might as well just say BF. 

the original can be BF1 and the sequel Bf2.   
Resident Costumer.

"Now boys.. no comparing verp sizes...."

Talo

• Captain
  • "Walk with doom, brother."
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »
Here's hoping it comes to Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. I don't think I"ll buy the new Xbox in till it gets a price cut.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 06:17:47 AM »
I imagine there's always been talk of doing a BF3 around LA, but once Disney gave EA the contract, I'll bet it was the first thing out of the Team Heads at DICE.
Don't forget, Battlefront 3 was in development by Free Radical Design before they went bust a few years back, so there obviously was interest at some point within LucasArts to get a new Battlefront game made.  It has also been hinted that even before the Disney deal, LucasArts was favouring DICE to take on the role of making the next Battlefront game.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/star-wars-battlefront-wont-just-be-re-skinned-battlefield-says-dice/

Here's hoping it comes to Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. I don't think I"ll buy the new Xbox in till it gets a price cut.
EA already said recently that they will be releasing all console games on both current and next gen consoles until "at least 2017".

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fifa_14/news/ea_to_support_xbox_360_and_ps3_until_at_least_2017.html

Some interesting news about the game's development came out of an interview yesterday.  It seems that the core game is being made in DICE's headquarters in Sweden, while the new DICE LA team will be doing additional content.

It was also confirmed that the Medal of Honor developers (Danger Close Games) have been shut down, with many staff members going to this new studio.

And finally, it was said in the interview that this isn't Battlefront 3, but a new game based on DICE's interpretation of what a Battlefront game should be.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-star-wars-battlefront-is-dices-interpretation-of-what-battlefront-should-be
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:14 PM »
Boo-yah.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.