Author Topic: Sign the Petition: Create an Old Republic Netflix Series  (Read 1433 times)

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
Sign the Petition: Create an Old Republic Netflix Series
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
With all this new Star Wars stuff that has come out from Disney and Lucasfilm, it looks as though we might only be getting content focused on the Original Trilogy era, and we might never see any Old Republic era stuff get explored. Well now there seems to be a light of hope. There is a petition that has been going around for Disney to create a Netflix series based on the Old Republic era of Legends. This petition has gotten a lot of support in a  short amount of time, and quickly has reached over 100,000 signatures, and has even gotten the attention of some news websites.

I think it might be a good idea for us to sign this petition and spread the word to those that we know who might be interested. Even if petitions rarely ever accomplish much, it wouldn't hurt for us to try, because it might still get Disney's attention and show them that there is at least an interest in the Old Republic era, and that there would be an audience for that type of content if they ever decide to make any. I already signed the petition. How about you guys?

Here is a link to the petition: https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-bringing-the-old-republic-era-of-star-wars-to-netflix
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:40:34 PM by Commander Dimal »
*Text in my profile picture*

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
Re: Sign the Petition: Create an Old Republic Netflix Series
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:40:59 PM »
Might be hopeless, but why not?
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
From what I can tell by checking the petition almost everyday, it seems to be growing at a rate of about 100 signatures per day. That seems like a pretty good sign.

Durge: "You know, it's been over a century since I killed a Jedi… and today, I'll get to kill four of you. Add that to the Gungans I already murdered, the hostages I'm going to kill later, and all the Naboo who will die tomorrow, and it's a damn good week."

Commander Dimal

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »
The petition still seems to be going strong. As of now it has passed the 200,000 signature milestone. Over the past few weeks and months it has gotten the attention of a lot of websites who after mentioning it have in turn caused massive influxes of new signatures over short periods of time.

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:04:02 AM »
We can hope...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!