Author Topic: Digital Design Project  (Read 6072 times)

tee18

• Lieutenant
Digital Design Project
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
Hey guys, I'm doing a Digital Design project where we design an app.  Natural, I've decided to design a Vode An app.  However, we have restrictions placed on photos we find on the internet.  So, are the photos on here open (the heading photo, specifically), and can someone give me permission to use it.  I have to cite my sources, obviously. 
Help would be appreciated.
"When walking through hell, keep going" -Winston Churchhill

Drake Vhett

• The Speedy RPG
  • Commander
Re: Digital Design Project
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:48:29 AM »
Technically speaking, no one can give you permission to use the images here. As the images depict copyrighted Star Wars characters, you would actually have to go and ask Disney, which isn't going to happen. Even fan art and fanfiction is a technical violation of ccopyright, it is just that it is more of a hassle than is worth to pursue every infringement.

I own a production company, and we've been doing a lot of app work lately, so let me give you a tip: make apps that are useful to a large, but specific group of people. A "Vode An app" fits the second, but not the first. Look at things in your life that you feel should be done better/quicker, check if someone has made an app, and if not, make it.

Drake is flamboyant, and may go over the top, but if he were not that extrovert then who would move things along?