Author Topic: this forum is dead  (Read 14590 times)

AP-25037/1107(Tal Kyr'am)

• Benjamin James Scott Ogilvie
  • Commander
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
Re: this forum is dead
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
I don't want this place to die. I know I am part of the problem, having been gone for so long, but I felt nostalgic and decided to return. I actually got choked up being flooded by memories. Being around eleven when I arrived did make me want to forget how stupid I was, though; I cringed so hard looking back at my old posts. I came here back in 2008, and I'm twenty-two now. This is the place I came to when times got tough for me. I made friends here that became friends outside of it as well. I remember getting mods mad at me for poor choices of avatars, hitting on girls twice my age in Mando'a; all learning experiences on how not to act, thank Lord Vader. I refuse to let this wonderful place die. I may have forgotten how to speak mando'a, but I intend to make new posts. I am going to school to be a nurse, but I also dabble in writing. I've been working on a star wars idea I had, very early stages, but I think I am going to post it here exclusively; to hopefully garner some attention to the forum.

Do any of you think there is a way to advertise of our little site, other than by word of mouth? Sorry for the life story, I got emotional there for a second.

I just realized I'm still a top ten poster. What a legacy I had.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:08:39 PM by AP-25037/1107(Tal Kyr'am) »
Ad'staabi'gaan Taa'taylir Sal'verd Laamyc'vhetin

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »
I'm grateful to Amy for maintaining this museum.  That is not dead which can eternal lie.

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 10:41:50 PM »
I have an emotional attatchment to this place much the same as you to, Tal. Only problem is that it's a forum about a video game that's 12 years old. We had a great run all things considered, and I'm grateful that Amy keeps the lights on to let us walk down memory lane. I'd love to see the old Facebook group more active though, interact with the people who I spent days talking to and chumming around with on here when middle school wasn't my finest moment. I'm in my final year of University, so time is hard to come by, but I still drop in every couple weeks or so just to check.

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
Would people be interested in a discord server? I know there's a few of you still kicking around and it's a bit more convenient for a lot of people...
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!

Noldorin Mando

• Commander
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2018, 10:39:25 PM »
I'd be down!

"The only thing that should be opened with the Taliban is a 7.66mm hole courtesty of a Princess Patricia sniper round smack in the center of the fundamentalist's unibrow"
-Ron James

Vlet Hansen

• Gotabor
  • Commander
  • Ni Cuy
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2018, 07:53:25 PM »
Okay, then! Hop on in!

https://discord.gg/eKJpq

It's empty now but I'll add stuff in time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:26:33 PM by Vlet Hansen »
It's Indiana Vlet!
Stealing text walls everywhere!