Author Topic: The Quasi-Official Member Intro Thread!  (Read 413241 times)

Jai

• Lieutenant
  • LOLWUT
The Quasi-Official Member Intro Thread!
« on: January 07, 2007, 04:44:32 AM »
Heh, I noticed we didn't exactly have one of these in this part of the forum, so I figured I'd start one:

Introduce yourself here!  Let everyone know about who you are, where you come from (if you're comfy with that, of course), and maybe a story about how you got into RepCom! :D

So, I'll go first: My name's Jai, I'm a third-year Biological Chemistry student in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and I came into RepCom quite by accident.  A vague interest in clone troopers brought on by an RPG led to me doing research... I stumbled upon Amy's site, read up on the game and novels - the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm an absolutely HORRID video game player (completely perpetuating the stereotype that girls suck at games), and RepCom was the first game I ever purchased (I don't even own my own system - but my fiance has loaned me his X Box) and completed fully, on my own.  Yes, I did it on Easy, but still.... :D

So what about everyone else?

Pi in the Face: A funny commando fanfic. DON'T READ THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
Re: The Quasi-Official Member Intro Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:02:17 AM »
I'm Chris. I'm in 7'th grade of Nobel Middle school and I live in California. I like Star Wars, Playing Trumpet, and Ralph's gift cards. OK the last one was a joke. Well being A star wars fan of this magnitude I was always playing Star wars games. So one day I was at game stop and I was reading the stratagy guide when I ran into an add for RepCom. In 4 months I rented RepCom and loved it. In 1 year and 11 months RepComs price drooped from 49.99 to 17.99 soI bought it. Shortly after that I read Hard Contact.

igamesonline.net

Blazer

• Captain
  • Live to fight, fight to survive.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 05:37:23 AM »
Hi, my name is Kyle. Although I'm currently staying in Australia, I actually come from Singapore. When I came to Australia for a holiday, I bought the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith video game but when I went back to Singapore, it didn't work cause my Xbox is from Singapore. Feeling cheated and bummed, I went to the mall and saw the Republic Commando game on sale for only $20.00. (thats really cheap where I come from) So I bought the game thinking " This better be good." And it was. I got so obsesed with it and I played it almost everyday. Soon, I found this webside and this forum. It rocked.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 05:05:54 PM by Blazer »
Advisor: Deltas, execute Order six... krish (static)
Scorch: What's Order 6?
Boss: Hmm... Protect Jedi at all costs.

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 06:01:06 AM »
Are you Asian? Because I'm Asian well actually Fillipino. And I was In Allice spirings 8 years ago for christmas cause my aunt lives there. Anyways I just wanted you to know that I knew that your Asian.

igamesonline.net

Blazer

• Captain
  • Live to fight, fight to survive.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 06:02:09 AM »
Yeah, I'm an Asian.
Advisor: Deltas, execute Order six... krish (static)
Scorch: What's Order 6?
Boss: Hmm... Protect Jedi at all costs.

kaysky

• Major
  • Buttering toast its very relaxing
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:49 AM »
hey my name is kirsty, I'm currently studying for my A-levels at college, in chesterfield, England. A friend introduced me to the game and i thought it was awesome so i brought it. i found the site just browsing though the internet and  it had such a wide input via like the fanfic kept coming back see if any thing new had been up dated then the forum came along.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 03:18:19 PM by kaysky »
Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter, because nobody listens.

If there's a will there's a way

Nemesis

• Commander
  • You mess with the best, you die with rest.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
Hi, my name is Matthew. I am just finishing up high school. I live in Florida. I bought RC after I had completed KotoR 1 and 2. My father had told me to take it back (He had a bad day at work...), But I talked him into letting me keep it. And It was the best damn Mindtrick I had ever done! Ok, so that last part was a joke obviously....

One Thing You Don't Want To Hear A Computer Say To You On A Bad Day:
Scorch: Why don't we just fly out of here?
RAS Ship Computer: Engines offline.
Scorch: Figures.
www.violetsquad.bravehost.com

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 10:58:38 AM »
Cool thread, I like reading about all of you. :) *is not a crazy stalker, really* ;)

Yeah, I'm Amy, and I made the website so most of you probably know about me...

I'm 24 years old, I live in Canada. I originally came to RepCom via the books, not the game, which I guess makes me different than most of you! I first read the short story 'Omega Squad: Targets' in Star Wars Insider magazine, and shortly after read Hard Contact. Only after that did I download the RepCom game demo and try it out... buying it shortly after because hey, it was that good. :) And the rest is history, as they say. :D

Jai: I'm also pretty bad at the game. ;) Well, alright, I'm ok at RepCom now (after much practice) but I still suck too much at Battlefront II to get past like the fourth level, haha. No natural gaming skill here!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:05:24 PM by Amy »

Jai

• Lieutenant
  • LOLWUT
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
Hehe.  In September I attempted to play on Medium difficulty... And I didn't suck too bad.  I guess I kind of got better as the game progressed :)

And here I was thinking you were a leet gamer.  :P

Pi in the Face: A funny commando fanfic. DON'T READ THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY

Amy

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 10:24:50 AM »
Yeah, well, my sister owns at all games. :D Definitely no stereotype with her! She doesn't play RepCom, but she owns at Battlefield 2.  And every other game she plays. And not just compared to me, but she beats my brother as well (and he's really quite good!). Not all women suck! :P (My brother's wife is also quite good at games!)

Jai: You could so do Medium! I died a lot the first time through it as well, but it gets easier. Well, sort of. My 4th time through on Medium I barely died at all. :) Yeah, I'm a gamer, possibly a slightly obsessive gamer, but 'leet'? Nah. ;) Only because I spend so much time playing am I decent at all!

Arkatrine

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »
Hi, I'm Gwyneth and I'm a Republic Commando addict...

My brother introduced me to Republic Commando, just like KotOR before it, so I guess it's all his fault I'm here. Because  of the KotOR games I grew rather fond of the Mandalorians (mostly Kex), and when my brother found the Republic Commando website a while back, he discovered the Mandalorian music and showed it to me. I checked out the rest of the site and fell in love with the characters and plot of the game (mostly Sev). I found Amy's site soon after, but wasn't really interested in the books at first. Eventually I did get them (Niner was persuasive), but I still hadn't gotten the game (no retailer had it). Now I have the game(praise Bestbuy!), and even though it kicks my butt more than I'd like it to, I still like it. I like it a lot.
Made you look.

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
  • What's it mean to be human? I'd rather be a clone.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »
Timothy here from Malaysia.

I'm 17 and a first year A levels student taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Literature. Not gonna tell you guys any more for the moment :wink:.

Anyway, I've been a SW fan for as long as I can remember, since I watched ESB when I was 3 years old. I always think 'Boba's armour is so much cooler than Darth's.' in the bounty hunter scene on the Executor, so I suppose you could call me a full-blown fando'ade. I first fell in love with the clones after watching them kick butt in AOTC, and I was so sad when the gunship next to Mace's got blown up. Soon afterwards I found Hard Contact totally by accident in my local Times bookstore and got hooked on Mando'a, I even replaced Battlestar Galactica's 'frack' with 'fierfek'. Then I saw the teaser for Republic Commando on KotOR as an extra... The rest, is cordite infused, trando bloodletting, SBD blowie-uppieing history.

Anyway it's nice to finally find people who don't place the Jedi on such tall pedestals. Most everyone who's a SW fan here is a fan of Mace, Obi, or Qui-Gon; let's just say it gets old real quick.
The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

Nemesis

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »
cordite infused, trando bloodletting, SBD blowie-uppieing history.

Hehe, I like that. Just like when I said something was Star Warsish...  :P

Nice to meet you Ner Vod.

Amy

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 03:32:21 PM »
Finally got to stickying this topic. :)

Welcome to all the new people who've posted since I previously posted! (If that makes sense. ;))

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »
Hello,

My name is PJ, I live in the High Desert of Southern Cali. I am a 30 year old husband and father of two boys (7 and 4 who are also big time Star Wars fans). I work in Law Enforcement and love my job.

Star Wars has always been my favorite since childhood. My parents took me to a new hope when I was just a few months old and I've been at openeing day of every Star Wars film since. As a child my favorite character was, of course, Luke Skywalker. With the introduction of the EU books, specifically Timothy Zahn's series, in my early teens, I shifted away from Luke who I started to see as a dweeby, whiny wuss. I shifted to other characters such as Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron, Han Solo etc.  Obviously there was a many year long dry spell for Star Wars with no movies or toys. When Hasbro did the Power of the Force line in the late 90's and the Original Trilogy was re-released, my interet soared once again.

I hit my early twenties and my interests changed and I shifted away from being a hardcore fan back to being a guy who loved Star Wars. When Episode I was released  was there with bells on, although I was slightly dissapointed. By AOTC, I was in full swing in love with Star Wars again and had a young son wh was as well. I absolutly loved Jango Fett and his Clones. pieces of the puzzle began to fit together differently and the Clones immediatly bacame my favorite characters. With the release of the animated shorts on Cartoon Network and ROTS, I had only cemented my love of the Clones and how they became Stormtroopers.

My younger brother began playing RC on Xbox, I had grown beyond gaming at that point. I saw him playing and thought the game looked really cool. However, I never played dispite his urging to. My brother also had the book Hard Contact which he said he really enjoyed and told me I should read. Well, time passed and I saw that Triple Zero was being released and it brough the RC's back to mind. I purchased the RC game for my PC and couldnt get it to load so I threw it away pissed off. I then asked my brother to loan me Hard Contact which I read straight through in one day! I loved it. I imemdiatly ordered my own copy and Triple Zero which I read through asa soon as I unwrapped it. now, I was frothing at the mouth for more RC's and I WANTED the game! So, for Easter 2006, my boys got an Xbox from the Easter Bunny and daddy got a used copy of RC from a video game store. My oldest son also got Battlefront. Both games were played al the time. I loved the RC game and still play it at least once a week to this day. I cannot tell you how many times I've beat it! I'm finally on the difficult setting and am finding that it lives up to it's name.

I also love customizing Star Wars figures, as I'm sure mny of you have seen in the fanart thread. I found www.sandtroopers.com almost two years wile trying to acquire ROTS figures for my boys. I joined the group and have become a very active member of their community. Currently, I am working on making a custom squad of RC's, Rho Squad, based on my family's customs on the RC game. I also plan to retool my boys RC's they got in the scene pack for Christmas. Also in the plans is a Kal Skirata in full Mando armor. I'm sure as time goes by I'll make plenty more!

That's my Star Wars history in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:50:29 PM by RC 1238 »
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Nemesis

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 03:54:07 PM »
Have you shot anyone before?

A'den Skirata

• Major
  • Keldabe kiss anyone?Club
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 03:56:09 PM »
Have you shot anyone before?

No I havent. I hope I neve have too but I have no doubts I would if it was required. I am a K9 handler and my doghas bit people. To me, that's cooler.
Personnel Officer Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. Ver'alor Manda'galaar Aliit.
www.mandalorianmercs.com
myspace.com/jaingskirata
http://mercs.firespray.net/wiki/index.php?title=A%27den_Skirata

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
  • What's it mean to be human? I'd rather be a clone.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »
Wow, cool, like the acklay on Geonosis... jk no offense.
The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

Nemesis

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »
I love K9 units. They're soooo cool. It's suck though when the bad guys hurts or kills the dog....  :|

Journeyman Protector

• Captain
  • LIVE TO SERVE
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:57:12 AM by Journeyman Protector »

COME ON YOU CLONES - YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER