Author Topic: The Quasi-Official Member Intro Thread!  (Read 580080 times)

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
Re: The Quasi-Official Member Intro Thread!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 01:52:27 AM »
Ok back on topic.

I'm Journeyman Protector, a 19 year old AFROTC cadet over at NC State. Although i LOVE Delta Squad and commandos in general, i have an objective view on them and i wont be sad at all if it is confirmed that Sev was killed. I also do not doubt that they will join the Empire along with the rest of the clones (read my article explaining why). I first got into RC a couple months after it came out. I'm a big military guy and I had always wanted to play a FPS game where you play as an elite four-man special ops team. Although RepCom perfectly met those requirements i wasn't really planning on getting a SW game. But once I saw how "beefed up" and cool the commandos looked and found out that RC was strictly military (no force or jedi/sith) I decided to get it.  I quickly fell in love with the game and i even read the two RC novels. What i liked most about the game were squad dialogue/chemistry, MUSIC, Boss's accent and personality, squad revival system, integration of tactics, and finally the graphics. I even have a green clone commander action figure next to my computer who i have named Commander Frodz. I imediately started playing the game on Hard, and although there were some tough parts, it was still a pretty easy game (i guess nothing is hard once you beat FarCry on Realistic).

And i was banned from the LA forums for insulting an ignorant RepCom fanboy. Long story. But that won't happen here, i promise.

Whats AFROTC?

igamesonline.net

Journeyman Protector

• Captain
  • LIVE TO SERVE
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 07:12:54 AM »
Reserve Officer Training Course. Its a program they have at many colleges to train college students to become military officers. I'm in the Air Force one, hence the AF. Of course the Army and Navy have the same programs, AROTC, NROTC. Some high schools have JROTC which is Junior ROTC, and the only real point to that is to recruit you into ROTC or enlist in the military as far as i can tell.

COME ON YOU CLONES - YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

1258_Ned

• Private
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »
Su'cuy vod'ike.
My name is Nenad and I just registered, I'm from Croatia(for those that doesn't know where it is, it's to the east of Italy lol).
I'll be 17in a month and I'm attending Tech highschool, I'm at the 3rd year, the electro-technicians course.
I, like probably most people here first learned of the commandos from the game, but it wasn't long before I was reading Hard Contact and Triple Zero, and I loved it, and then I found this site about a year before.
Anyway, it's a pleasure to be here and I'll see you all on the forum somewhere lol.

Need for sped

• Sergeant
  • Sir, finishing this fight
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
I know how you feel Ner'vod. I've gotten into trouble on forums before and somehow managed to sweet-talk my way out of cra**y situations. Worst I ever had was Empire at War, though. Guess, it's the way we are, eh?

Ruusaan

• Major
  • Little Miss Fem Mando
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
su'cuy, ner vode.

gah...i hate these things, but it's the fastest way to do it. here goes nothing...

I'm Ruusaan. (that's two uu's and two aa's) ;)  and I've been a clone addict since i read Hard Contact about ( i think) a year ago. at least it feels like it's been that long. sadly, i think I've developed a crush on several RCs...  i don't actually have RC, but I'm planning on getting it eventually. is it even made for PC?? I'm one of those lame people who got the GBA when it first came out like, six years ago and hasn't got any other platforms. (though I'm thinking of stealing my cousin's Wii when he leaves for the Air Force in a month or so *mwahaha* for PC, i have Galactic Battlegrounds (clone campaigns and the other one, which i can't remember the name of), Battlefront II (can't get past Naboo for some reason...*sigh*), Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and Knights of the Old Republic II. i can be found (sometimes) on the Disruption server for JK:JA getting my rear end handed to me by any number of people.

favorites ( i so copied this from my site. and added some things. lol)

-sports...archery (Genesis rox my sox!), soccer, watching football and basketball. UK for life!
-Books...The Republic Commando Series, most SW books, The Lord of the Rings, The A.D. Chronicles, The Chronicles of Narnia
-Movies...The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars movies and games (JK Disruption ), Pride and Prejudice, Pirates of the Caribbean
-Music...Classical, 'Oldies,' Christian Rock, TobyMac, Rebecca St. James, Formerly Blind, Switchfoot, Evanesence, Family Force Five, Irish/Celtic/Scottish folk music (yes, I'm strange), piano, the Mando'a songs I've downloaded, which i am probably listening to at the moment...
-Chocolate milk and hot chocolate
-Boys...Orlando Bloom, Hayden Christensen, Channing Tatum
-TV...Smallville, Gilmore Girls, Dancing with the Stars, The Unit, NCIS, Law and Order: SVU
-Spanish, Sindarin Elvish, and Mando'a
-Ballroom dancing with a certain someone...*swoon*
-TheForce.net, Council Of Elrond, War of the Ring, Clone Commando, Clan >C<, and Star Wars message boards
-Writing SW fanfiction (see account Roain_Xantos at tf.n)

randoms

-i am a 10th grade homeskid (home school kid. lol)
-i'm an alto in the local community college chorus and also sing alto in my church chior
-i think glasses make me look smarter.
-i have a lot of top ten lists
-most of these, i no longer have because they're in letters to my soldier friend
-who never writes back...*sigh*
-there's more, but i'm tired of typing. lol

~*Ruu'ika <><

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
  • What's it mean to be human? I'd rather be a clone.
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 01:58:54 PM »
Wow, you really have nothing to hide, don't you... I admire your forwardness! I have a lot of dark scary stuff in my closet (figuratively speaking) and some outside it in my room (literally)... I have at least 10 different ways to kill someone who has entered my room by mistake and I enjoy planning entire life scenes of imaginary characters when I'm alone...

PS I like Mira from KotOR II more than Mical 'cos he's a wimp.
The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

RC_0423 [//{CELL}\\]

• Major
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »
hi my name is darren wan i live in toronto ontario canada i am in grade 8
i found the game from adds. then i went on the site and then i really wanted to get it. last year i got the demo which was fun. then i got he actual game in the star wars best of pc pack. the pack came with battlefront, jedi outcast, empire at war, RC, kotor, and a galaxies trial. i also have battlefront 2

i like to play sports (volleyball) and RC. i also enjoy cooking
Come and get me you fat ugly fierfeks!

Ruusaan

• Major
  • Little Miss Fem Mando
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
oooh! so you can get RC for PC!! *yay* that sounded odd...RC for PC...lol

~*Ruusaan <><

Manji_Ninja

• Sergeant
  • "Hey Sev, this one looks just like your mother..."
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
Hey! My name's Jessie! I just posted my first few messages this morning, but I've been interested in Republic Commandos for over a year now.
I first got introduced to Star Wars when the OT was re-released in theaters.  However, my true obsession didn't start until I was in 10th grade, when Battlefront I came out on PS2 and my brother bought it. I loved playing the game with him, and it re kindled my love of Star Wars. Then we got the DVDs for Christmas, and around this time my obsession with Boba Fett began... and in turn I learned about the Mandalorians... but I wasn't really fascinated with clones until I heard about Hard Contact. I heard some good reviews about it, so I eventually bought it. It was the best SW novel I had ever read! I knew about the game, but I didn't get to play it until my brother bought it for me for Christmas this year in the SW Best of PC pack (he got a spiffy new computer so...). Although I needed his help towards the end of the game, I really enjoyed it! Well, I tried to make this brief, but I always like to ramble... lol.
Oh, yeah, I've noticed that some of the other members are a girl! I'm so happy! I thought us female RC fans were rather... rare! So yeah, I'm just another female RC fan! (What female can resist? lol.  ;D ) ^_^; Hm, let's see...  what else? I'm a senior in high school, I like drawing, art, and musicals. =D

^Made by me

"He was my price. Worth more to me than the credits"
-Jango Fett introducing Kal Skirata to Boba Fett, in 'RC Triple Zero'-

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 02:09:17 AM »
I'm a guy, but from what I can see, millions of clone troops, young and virile men, I can see how that would be intresting to you girls... ;)
The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

RC_0423 [//{CELL}\\]

• Major
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 02:43:12 PM »
I'm a guy, but from what I can see, millions of clone troops, young and virile men, I can see how that would be intresting to you girls... ;)

i dont get it

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 03:55:42 AM »
You don't? LOL. Thank goodness, it might get me banned!

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Jessie! :)

I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't occurred to me... ;) It is an additional dimension for us girls! Hehe. :D

PS: You're not getting banned. :P Just don't be explicit and you're good. :)

Jai

• Lieutenant
  • LOLWUT
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
What can I say.  The clones are hot.  :P

Welcome, Jessie ^_^

Pi in the Face: A funny commando fanfic. DON'T READ THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY

Ruusaan

• Major
  • Little Miss Fem Mando
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
What can I say.  The clones are hot.  :P

Amen, sister!  :P

~*Ruusaan <><

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 07:45:59 PM »
O........K  :|

igamesonline.net

Manji_Ninja

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
Hahah! Quiet now, your fan girl talk is scaring Fordo! lol.
But, yeah... it all started with Boba Fett. Now I find all men in similar armor to be... strangely attractive. ^_^

Erm... thanks for all the welcomes! I'm so glad I joined this forum! I hope I can contribute to stimulating conversations! :D

^Made by me

Ijaat Ka'ra

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
stimulating conversations! :D

Mmhmmm... stimulating, huh?

PS: You're not getting banned. :P Just don't be explicit and you're good. :)
BTW, thanks Amy! :D

Manji_Ninja

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »
Mmhmmm... stimulating, huh?
What exactly do you mean by that?? :( I'm not interesting... or are you making a bad pun? O_O;

^Made by me

RC_0423 [//{CELL}\\]

• Major
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
eh i dont want to see any baby clones okay its kinda freaky