Author Topic: Missing Songs  (Read 15988 times)

sten4sw

• Private
  • Finder of the missing song: "Parjai"
Missing Songs
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
Hi, I am new member, but a long time Rep-Com fan. I've been playing the game a lot recently, and I noticed that there are some missing songs. Now, I know that nearly ALL soundtracks are incomplete, but the missing one is the best one in my opinion. So, maybe someone could look into this, if you want I could describe it, but either way, I really want this piece so this great album can be complete. Thanks.

Null ARC 13

• Commander
  • Vode An
Re: Missing Songs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »
What songs? Can you describe them or know where else they may appear?  I'd love to help out any way I can. 

Vode An and welcome to the forum
-Null ARC N-13-

sten4sw

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:51:52 PM »
What songs? Can you describe them or know where else they may appear?  I'd love to help out any way I can. 

Vode An and welcome to the forum

Thank you. It appears several times throughout the game, but a couple of places that would be fast to get to are:
after Sev joins the squad, and you perform your first door breach to get to the platform where the Geneosion leader's ship (I forgot his name) takes off. The song starts when the grenade is thrown, and ends when the ship is destroyed. Also, after you blow up the last factory generator, when the gunship comes in through the hole at top of the cavern to pick you up. Another part is when you complete the one minute slice to get the launch codes for the core ship fleet. It plays as the squad runs to the wall the the gunship destroys.

It is easily the most heroic theme from the game. It sounds like it from the movies, but I checked, and it's not. It starts with the commando theme, but with MUCH louder trumpets. then it goes into trumpets playing the melody from the beginning of Ka'rta Tor (One Heart of Justice), then I think it goes into the choir.

I tried to record it myself, but I haven't found a part where it finish the song, it usually cuts out before the end comes.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 10:45:45 PM »
hmmm interesting. Sometimes games (And movies) will alter the original music to make it less confusing with other voices. They could of strung up a couple of the songs and maybe taken out some vocals so you could here your squad and what they're talking about in the game. If not, I have no idea.

Null ARC 13

• Commander
  • Vode An
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »
Yea I'm with Ha BOMB on this one.  I think they just altered the original soundtrack.
-Null ARC N-13-

sten4sw

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 03:42:28 PM »
Yea I'm with Ha BOMB on this one.  I think they just altered the original soundtrack.
No way. It's completely different from everything else. I actually just found it and got it, so how do I upload it to this site for everyone to enjoy?

sten4sw

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:15:06 PM »
I want to name it "Victory" (because it plays when you are victorious) in Mandalorian. Does anyone know the translation?

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »
looking, looking... AH! Here it is. According to the glossary, the word for victory is Parjai in mando'a. Hey, that's the name of Parjai squad, which did the drops onto Utapau. Cool. Anyway, I'm not good at attaching files so i don't know.

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
You can only attach files in the "Fanart & Other Fan Creations" forum.

igamesonline.net

sten4sw

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »
K thanks guys. I was originally calling it "Kote, Darasuum Kote (Glory, Eternal Glory)" but that seems to long. Anyways, look for it in the "Fanart & Other Fan Creations" forum.

sten4sw

• Private
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
The file is like 2.6 MBs. Is there some other way I can upload it to this site?

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
I got the file. I'll post it up on my server tonight.
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

Rogue70

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »
can't wait to hear it
thanks for posting

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:13 AM »
Download:
http://mark.intertainmentgames.com/ccmissclonesong.mp3

(Had to remain the file to host it, it will play in the browser assuming you have proper plugins unless you right click and select "Save As...")
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »
Ah, that's the song I thought it was! I really wanted to get that into my RepCom medley, but couldn't make it fit. :/

You're right that it's an awesome song, one of the best in the game... a combo of RepCom music and "Qui-Gon's Noble End" from Episode I (took me a while to find that but I knew it was in the movies!). It definitely seems rerecorded and rearranged though. Very cool.

I originally was going to look in the game files and see if I could extract it to put up for download on the site with the rest of the soundtrack. Anyone mind if I put this one up? (I don't have the game installed and the CD is now packed. :dead:) Thanks for finding it, sten4sw, and uploading it, Akula. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:50:34 PM by Amy »

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
I'd appreciate you putting it up, actually. I'm not sure how many people are going to download (I have no way of tracking) but I imagine at 2.5 megs it's going to start to add up if all 271 members of the Forums decide to download. That could have a negative impact on my bandwidth.

Rogue70

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »
good one, yeah a mismatch of a lot of songs, but good

Amy

• Clone Marshall Commander
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
Alrighty, it's up!

http://www.clonecommandos.net/music/

The direct link to the song itself:

http://www.clonecommandos.net/music/parjai.mp3

My site's bandwidth usage has already been super-high since I started hosting the soundtrack, so a bit more won't hurt. ;) I have plenty of bandwidth anyways.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
Now I remember the song. Thanks for posting it peoples. :D

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »