Author Topic: Which is your favorite clone legion?  (Read 42038 times)

Rune

• Official Site Mir'shebs
  • Commander
Re: Which is your favorite clone legion?
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
Want to learn new words? That's one way to do it. Brace yourself for a lot of Mando invective coming your way. I'll hold your coats, guys.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
*Cracks Knuckles*  Oh its on now, ladies. 

(Jk, im not gonna take the time to bring down the whole 'clones can think too' thunder. Been here too long and done it too many times. Who's gonna do it?)

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

FI-21975JR

• Lieutenant
  • Why did they call him sicko?
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »
i understand that clones can think for themselves but it doesn't ocur to them because they havnt been exposed to that type of behaviour

dredwulf60

• Republic Provost Marshal
  • "Show me your hands...and other appendages..."
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
i understand that clones can think for themselves but it doesn't ocur to them because they havnt been exposed to that type of behaviour

I agree.  Well trained soldiers are taught to follow orders.  The concept of teaching soldiers to think for themselves to disobey orders that they believe are immoral is a relatively new phenomenon.  And even with all of the morality training modern western armies get at all phases of training...it would still take a herculean level of personal willpower to disobey a direct order, especially if the clones were genetically modified to make them more susceptible to orders.

To point to another movie for example...who has seen Gladiator?

General Maximus, much-beloved by his troops, hero of Rome.  When the brand new emporer ordered him taken and killed, even Quintus one of his trusted subordinates did not balk.

I don't blame any clone, trooper or commander, who executed Order 66.  They did what they were trained to do.

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
I don't blame any clone, trooper or commander, who executed Order 66.  They did what they were trained to do.

Blame them? I would cheer them on. Bunch of hypocritical, egotistical people who only care about their own little cult and its splinter group and have forgotten to do what they say they're all about finally get taken down a peg or eight? Rock on, Palps, you slimy chakaar!

EDIT: Alright, some of the Jedi weren't that bad, but still, most of them were as rotton as they come. Some (Etain, Bardan) were truly trying to help people who couldn't help themselves, but the majority were blinded by their own self-importance.

N-11 Commander Ordo

• Special Operations
  • Commander
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
I'm with Rune.

"First Platoon wins!""And how do you figure that?""The others cheated.""I say they improvised.""They cheated!""THEY ADAPTED AND OVERCAME!"

Find an excuse to win.

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2011, 02:52:01 AM »
Blame them? I would cheer them on. Bunch of hypocritical, egotistical people who only care about their own little cult and its splinter group and have forgotten to do what they say they're all about finally get taken down a peg or eight? Rock on, Palps, you slimy chakaar!

EDIT: Alright, some of the Jedi weren't that bad, but still, most of them were as rotton as they come. Some (Etain, Bardan) were truly trying to help people who couldn't help themselves, but the majority were blinded by their own self-importance.
as much as I dislike the entire Jedi Order, I don't know if I'd say they deserved it? and certainly most of them weren't blinded by self-importance, since the population of Jedi versus how many we actually know of don't really match up :p but if the Jedi Council do, arrange, and order terrible things (which they had), that doesn't mean their lower ranks should also be sentenced to death, particularly when many of those who participated in the war (and ultimately killed at 66) were children/child soldiers

in order for the clones to have been able to harbor dissent towards the Jedi, in order for them to have been able to "think for themselves," they HAD to have been exposed to normal civilian life--which we know isn't the case, particularly for infantry. in keeping a grand army under control, the clones needed to be separated from the concept of being free people, or needed to be kept separated from empathizing with it... in effect, the structure of the GCA kept the clones isolated from the rest of the Republic so they would not then become their own people. sure, they formed bonds and communities, but because it was all strictly interconnected, it kept them even more isolated and insular. there's no way the clones could have been able to then break that mold and think for themselves, and then add what dred said and it's a miracle any clones were able to disobey the order at all.
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
it kept them even more isolated and insular. there's no way the clones could have been able to then break that mold and think for themselves, and then add what dred said and it's a miracle any clones were able to disobey the order at all.
That makes sense. - And, it is probably why very few clones disobeyed indeed.
I was trying to think of the clones that did - and I think it is only two, (i.e. Climber and Maze) - and they're both from EU sources - which makes the whole thing canonically-suspect. And, Maze is a KT character; (and, we know how Lucas feels about her).]

My whole point about Cody was how instananeous it was. He hung up the phone w/ Palps and immediately gave the order to put one up Obi-wan's shebs.
I would've hoped he might've thought about it for second, (reflected on the bond he formed w/ his general); before deciding that he better do what the old man says, ("for the chancellor!")

[Who knows maybe Cody has always hated Obi-wan; and was just waiting for this chance]
"I find your lack of faith distrubing."

Rune

• Commander
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
[Who knows maybe Cody has always hated Obi-wan; and was just waiting for this chance]

This made me laugh.

Cody: Oh, please let today be the day they execute order sixty-six, oh please let today be the day they execute order sixty-six, oh please . . .

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
Cody: Oh, please let today be the day they execute order sixty-six, oh please let today be the day they execute order sixty-six, oh please . . .
Exactly ! Every day, Cody would wake up and pray, "I hope today is the day I get to drop the hammer on that pompous robe-wearing Jedi- SOB"

FI-21975JR

• Lieutenant
  • Why did they call him sicko?
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »
 :D good one but hey you never know  :upsidedown:

Riotv2

• Captain
  • Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
It seems to me that at least in the CW series Plo koon usually winds up leading the most hardcore troops. The Wolfpack as one notable example. though i don't think he commads an actual legion. Am I wrong on this one?
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

-------------------------------

Remember...the EU will be with you...always.

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »
'Cause Filoni loves Plo, for some reason. Not objectin', or anything.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »
He supposedly started his own little fan-legion; called the 104th Wolf Pack.
I just read something about it. The only members, so far are Filoni, two other guys, and a recently inducted SWs retiree - Steve Something. -who supposedly has the largest collection of SW stuff anywhere.

I don't think we've seen Plo in command of an entire Legion, Battalion, or even Company.
So far, it seems like he's more of a Platoon CO.
Maybe they're shaping him up to something like a Special Forces CO; like Zey, but only cooler.

Anybody know.... when did Wolfpack first appear?
(Where they the crew space-stranded way back when in the Malevolenc episodes. Or, were they in something more recent?)
[Thank you]

ARC_Commander_Colt

• High Jedi General
  • Commander
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
Yes, that was them, Shysa. Comm. Wolffe was the officer. He changed the squad's armor color to respect all his lost men.

RIP: O'Niner, Droidbait, Nub, Cutup, Hevy, and Echo, the members of the Rishi Moon watch team. May Fives live on.

Fenn Shysa

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
Thank you.
I just read a pretty cool Wookie-P article about Cmdr Wolfe and his wolfpack.

I didn't realize he had so many battles under his belt.
-Not to mention, he looks pretty bad-shebs w/ his helmut off.

Phi

• Captain
  • K'atini!
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »
My favorite Commander Wolffe scenes are from the "In Service of the Republic" comic book, where he loses his eye.

Null-4 Kolburn Skirata

• Lieutenant
  • "ARCs were not team players."
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2011, 01:25:31 AM »
501st Legion "Vader's Fist" no question!
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!- "Don't mess with Mandos, mate!" (lit: "Don't wave your saber at Mandalorians, mate!:)

Lil Vod

• Sergeant
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
327 star corps. they're awesome!  8)