Author Topic: The Future of the Community  (Read 15608 times)

Mark

• Commander
Re: The Future of the Community
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »
I'm very hesitant to just take your word on this one.  As such, normally I would insist on you giving references as to why you feel this way, but this is not the thread to do that, so I won't.

Well I'll throw you a couple of bones just to verify my claims.

1) In the RepCom game, first, we see that Boss is being introduced to his team towards the end of his training, not the beginning.
2) Also in the RepCom game, we see him going through a number of training steps the same as that of the other clones (when he's the little kid with the headband on).
3) Also from the game, there's a quote from one of the training instructors that says something like, "Found slicer for Delta Squad". And then goes on to reference what said slicer (Fixer) has done to the Kamino computer systems. This quote is presented in such a way as to state that the instructors are responsible for placing squads together, and it also rather strongly implies that squads are not placed together until after their specialities have been found (Which makes sense anyway, when you think about it, because you wouldn't want to stick four clones together and then find out they're all good at sniping, would you?)
4) To provide a reference from the novels (I don't have mine in front of me) at least one of the Commandos we see from the 'bastard' squad (Excuse the crude term) has lost his squad TWICE before, once during training. Since we know the Kaminos practice live fire, and Darmen actaully mentions knowing other squads who 'lost' brothers in training, it's safe to assume that some squad members were introduced to their squads for the first time much later in training then would be considered 'normal'.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:18:07 PM by Amy »
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
  • Lock S-Foils in attack position.
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »
I was actually wondering about that. I could set up an SQL Database and the program could write to the DB, and then we'd just need a PHP page to print up the results (all of which are fairly simple steps for me to take).

The only downside of this is that I would have to host the page on my server, not on the clone commandos site.
SQL and database are 2 words I hope not to hear again for the next couple of days.  I had a very boring 1 hour practical session today which involved writing out various SQL statements to see what they do, which wasn't new to me.  If your happy dealing with that stuff then I'm very happy .

It shouldn't be too hard for me to learn the stuff as I'm sure I can find plenty of resources about integrating Delphi with SQL, plus the IDEs help section is bound to have something anyway.  I guess my task for tonight and tomorrow is to play around with both this and the image stuff then before integrating them into my program.
Clone Pilot armour project: helmet, chest - pepped.
RC helmet: done.

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »
SQL and database are 2 words I hope not to hear again for the next couple of days.  I had a very boring 1 hour practical session today which involved writing out various SQL statements to see what they do, which wasn't new to me.  If your happy dealing with that stuff then I'm very happy .

It shouldn't be too hard for me to learn the stuff as I'm sure I can find plenty of resources about integrating Delphi with SQL, plus the IDEs help section is bound to have something anyway.  I guess my task for tonight and tomorrow is to play around with both this and the image stuff then before integrating them into my program.

I'd be happy to assist you with anything SQL related. I have vast amounts of experience with both SQL and PHP.

I was thinking about maybe asking you to help me with something else that's not community related that has to do with a web SQL Server and some programming, but now I think I won't!
Ignorance is a choice. Posting in ignorance is also a choice. Be prepared for the consequences.

Tabor

• Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
I'd be interested in helping out or reading and editing what others have written. I mean if you needed someone to help with that sort of thing. I'm an editor by trade, so I wouldn't mind!  :blush:

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
I was thinking about maybe asking you to help me with something else that's not community related that has to do with a web SQL Server and some programming, but now I think I won't!
I'd be happy to assist you as well, just give me a couple of days to get over the boredom I faced today ;) .  One thing to consider though is that I've never used SQL server (even though I do hold a legal copy of SQL server 2008 CTP), and in fact the only SQL experience I have is this online tutorial, MS Access and Oracle (although I guess as SQL uses a set list of instructions, it shouldn't matter too much).  The programming stuff I should be OK at though as I can code pretty well, if I do say so myself (although Object-Oriented stuff I need to brush up on, another task for me for tomorrow! :) ).  If you want to PM me about it later this week, then I'll be happy to see what I can do over the week end.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2008, 12:31:32 AM »
Hey, I'm just wondering if I could possibly create a single ARC trooper along with my Commando to tell the tales of the clone wars. I've got a really good idea for one. The ARCs didn't come into being until a bit later in the wars so I could start off with the commando and move on to the ARC. They did also have point of views from the Null is the repcom books so...

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 01:03:01 AM »
Hey  flyboy424 , could you add a Standard Backpack option for the next update?

igamesonline.net

Mark

• Commander
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:51 AM »
Hey, I'm just wondering if I could possibly create a single ARC trooper along with my Commando to tell the tales of the clone wars. I've got a really good idea for one. The ARCs didn't come into being until a bit later in the wars so I could start off with the commando and move on to the ARC. They did also have point of views from the Null is the repcom books so...

I have to say no. If we allow one person to have an ARC, we have to let everyone have an arc. And well...the domain name has Commando in it, not ARC.

I wish I could say yes, but I think that just defeats the purpose.

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 07:46:22 AM »
Hey  flyboy424 , could you add a Standard Backpack option for the next update?
Sure.  I haven't had much time to work on my program lately, and as I have to write 6 simple programs in Java by Monday (although to be fair 4 are just modifying code given to me to make it understandable) that collectively fulfil a set number of programming concepts I'm pretty busy at the moment so my next software update may not be for a while.  I'll try to update the equipment file tonight though and post the new version.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:08:53 AM by flyboy424 »

Darin Daru'Kasem

• I don't have a avatar because I can't find one nerdy enough
  • Commander
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »
Okey Dokey artachoki

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
OK, new equipment file uploaded.  I've out the links in my sig, so you can get it from there.

H-BOMB

• Party
  • Commander
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
I have to say no. If we allow one person to have an ARC, we have to let everyone have an arc. And well...the domain name has Commando in it, not ARC.

I wish I could say yes, but I think that just defeats the purpose.

No prob, akula.

Darin Daru'Kasem

• I don't have a avatar because I can't find one nerdy enough
  • Commander
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »
OK, new equipment file uploaded.  I've out the links in my sig, so you can get it from there.

Try Silver in Color. And also have "Double Colors" . I understand if it is TONS of work, But what if you have like; "Scorch pattern" or "Fixer Pattern" and so on, (Maybe Make a Whole new pallet for Pattern) But then for like Orange, one could think the whole armor being Orange Also, Maroon is a good color, Brown, you Forgot Brown. Tan, another good color, good for deserts. I'll get around to posting more Ideas later, Like a full list. But can't get around to it today. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

Anecdote

• Major
  • Molotov over here!
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2008, 12:56:35 AM »
Great job so far guys. Especially you flyboy! Take your time with it, I don't think we're in any rush, and real life comes first after all.  :P

Try Silver in Color. And also have "Double Colors" . I understand if it is TONS of work, But what if you have like; "Scorch pattern" or "Fixer Pattern" and so on, (Maybe Make a Whole new pallet for Pattern) But then for like Orange, one could think the whole armor being Orange Also, Maroon is a good color, Brown, you Forgot Brown. Tan, another good color, good for deserts. I'll get around to posting more Ideas later, Like a full list. But can't get around to it today. Maybe later today or tomorrow.
How about instead of calling it pattern, call it accents? Like, Armor main color, Armor accent colors?
Or for Camo, aren't there different types? Like Desert Camo, Jungle, etc. in the event we want to make that type of spec ops.
"Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?"

A-77 Commander Fordo'Ad

• Commander
  • "Captain Fordo Reporting"
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2008, 01:56:32 AM »
So I guess you could add Desert Camo, Woodland Camo, Urban Camo, and Winter Camo.

igamesonline.net

flyboy424

• Clone Air Wing
  • Commander
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »
It seems I've been given an extension on my programming assignment, so I have a bit more time then before.

For the colour schemes:  I was planning for a future version to have the option to have like a primary, secondary and tertiary colour, with different patterns possible (my inspiration is mainly Halo 3).  At the moment, some pictures are being made so that you will be able to select a pre-made scheme in the next version, but eventually I hope to get enough skills in image editing to have a more advanced colour selection feature.

I've created a new thread for my program in the 'Fanart and other creations' section (obviously more a 'other creations' then 'fanart' ;) ), so we can continue the discussion thread to help this one stay more focused.

IC-1989

• Brothers All Archiver
  • Commander
  • Warning! Commando At Work!
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
I'm currently working on a Clone Commmando Art Archive. Here are the results so far: http://forum.clonecommandos.net/index.php?topic=995.0

Rogue70

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »
89, that is an awesome collection, thanks